PDA

View Full Version : one ball can ruin the whole bag-need help

phantomhitman
05-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Ok, I have recently started ordering my paint online, which saves me quite a bit of money. Out of the 8 cases I ordered for my team only one case had one bag that had a break. And, of course, it was my case :mad: So I did not open the bag the entire time, until just now. I rolled the whole bag out onto a towel, and rolled them around using another towel. This got the paint off of them but they are really soft now. Being the genious that I am I wanted to see if they would hold up while shooting. Well.......soft pballs can curve very nicely!! I did have one barrel break and one breech break even with using the level 10.
So, what can I do to harden the balls back to the original state? Or should I just throw them out? Thanks for you help.

teufelhunden
05-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Toss em.

Order your paint from www.firstcallpaintball.com, they have a broken paint guarantee.

powerofthegospel
05-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Or you could write to the company you bought them from and try and get a refund of some sort. If they have service anywhere close to that of AGD they should do somethin for you.

Peace,
J.J.

bleachit
05-06-2004, 07:10 PM
I use paper towels and roll them around VERY gently.. this usually works for me without softening the paintballs, but requires a lot of paper towels. However, if the break is bad and the paint is exposed to it long enough, it could cause them to soften up I guess.

phantomhitman
05-06-2004, 07:20 PM
i got them from 888paintball i beleive. i do not know if they have a breakage rule, but i will check. i am gong to leave them out overnight just to see what happens. i thik they got too saturated in the broken paint, oh well there goes 250 balls :mad:

soccer4minimags
05-06-2004, 07:28 PM
I've been lucky and none of mine has come broken. Yes, dimpled, baddly shaped, but not broken.
Anyways, from my understanding it doesn't matter if the company has a no broken paint policy. It is not really on the company, but the shipper. All the company would do is send you a new case, and they make a claim against the shipper instead of you doing it yourself.
When that paint leaves the company, it was in good shape. From then on it is the shippers responsibility. So basically its on them, and you could claim it. No it won't be quick, but it would be worth it. They will reimburse you the price of the damaged merchandise.
I open my orders with paint in there on the spot. I'v also only ordered paint from PBG. I feel relitively secure ordering paint from them even without a garuntee.

personman
05-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Hm.. one break ruined the whole bag?
Last time I played I bought a bag of 500 for $7 bucks off the guy at the proshop that had one ball broken in it. Man he was a nice guy. Really it was only the balls right around where the broken one was that were bad. I dunno. It shot pretty good to be honest with you, I got to play a few more games :D

phantomhitman
05-06-2004, 07:38 PM
i think they all messed up because they sat inthe paint for a week. i think that excess paint was soaked up by all of the others. i will let this one go, but if it does happen again I will get reimbursed. thanks for the help guys

chunk_daddy
05-06-2004, 09:07 PM
i would say not to buy paint online, see if you can work something out with your pro shop, i get paint cheap for practice 45 a case and i don't have to wrry about it being broken, so maybe talk to your proshop owner and see if you can work somethin out

Tron
05-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Hm.. one break ruined the whole bag?
Last time I played I bought a bag of 500 for $7 bucks off the guy at the proshop that had one ball broken in it. Man he was a nice guy. Really it was only the balls right around where the broken one was that were bad. I dunno. It shot pretty good to be honest with you, I got to play a few more games :D

lol paying $30 for a case of broken paint made him nice? :confused:

I remember someone talking about dumping them in alcohol and it cleans the paint off and leaves the shells semi-new. Search around for the thread it was like last week.

c sherer
05-07-2004, 06:59 AM
Get a large bowl and dump in a bottle of high percentage rubbing alcohol (I use 99%). In small batched (100-200 or so), put the balls into the alcohol and wash them. then, remove them and lay them on a towel, making sure no 2 balls touch each other. In a few minutes they will dry (the alcohol evaporates very quickly) and with a quick polish with the towel, they will be good as new.

Smitty2k1
05-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Does anyone else think of the Jackson 5 while reading the title?

"One bad apple doesnt spoil the whole bunch, girl"

TheTramp
05-07-2004, 03:23 PM
All they really need is to dry out a bit. That's what the alcohol is doing.

Try putting them in a single layer in a brown paper bag or cardboard box.

The paper/cardboard will soak up the moisture the balls give off and after a day or two they should be back to normal.

It's basicly the opposite of the cup of water method used to help re-hydrate too brittle balls that Tom talks about.

phantomhitman
05-07-2004, 04:35 PM
i have left them out overnight to dry out. they are definatly harder than yesterday but i do not think they are quite ready yet. hopefully they will be ready to go by sunday