PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be Mag owner w/ questions

fuzzynutzipper
05-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Alrighty... I played at a local field's big game last weekend, and I got to use a mag... thanks Trevor. Well, lucky me I got hooked! I am now planning on selling my stock except for a barrel '02 vert cocker and dropping some cash and getting a mag. I was thinking rt pro with ule body, intelliframe, and possibly the ult. No need for a barrel, I already have a J&J ceramic that I love. I was wondering if there were any more options, and opinions on wether or not I should get the ult or any other upgrades that I should think about getting right off the bat. I am also fairly new to mags and would definitely would like to know how they work before I go and blow upwards of $500 on one... I have heard that they are very simple, but I can't seem to find how they work. Any help is very much appreciated!

Chronobreak
05-06-2004, 08:12 PM
direct from agd you have the choices of colro valve type of frame and what not but if you order from others like www.whitewolfairsmithing.com or tunaman or roguefactor you can get certain thing from each theres some nice bodies out there other than ules sounds like u know what your doing just check some pics around ehre and see what ya like

--EDIT welcome to AO :p

crazedp-baller
05-06-2004, 11:31 PM
lvl 10 bolt you'll never chop a ball again and it'll make the trigger pull lighter and the gun'll have less recoil.

Dayspring
05-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Wanna bet?

it'll make the trigger pull lighter

sturmvogel
05-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Yea man I would go with the RT Pro, I love mine. The new ones already come stock with the LvL 10, and X-Valve so it looks like your all set there. I would definately go with the ULT upgrade. I bought mine from paintballgear.com, got a real good deal from them, I think there down to about $540 bucks. But look around, there's always a better deal somewhere.

jwalker87
05-07-2004, 08:43 AM
i'd buy a used mag. I got a micromag w/ lvl 10 and ReTro valve and 2 barrels for $400. I'd get a used one with a ULE body; it really is light. If you're going for a light trigger pull, I'd wait for the Hairtrigger. The ULT is pretty light, and costs about $100, but in 6-7 months DeadlyWind is coming out with the Hairtrigger, which like electro pull on a mech frame. It costs $350, but it's going to be insane. I'd wait for that and not waste $100.

fuzzynutzipper
05-07-2004, 09:47 AM
well, I know where I am going to order it from. I am getting it from my local proshop, might as well keep them in business. And I can pick and choose what I want on the gun, just like what I have seen around this site and what not. I am probably leaning towards the ult. Might as well. Chances are there will be a big wait for the hAir trigger and I don't really need that light of a pull anyway. I am sure the ult will be just fine for what I want.

I would still like to know how exactly a mag works though. Like what exactly happens when you pull the trigger. I couldn't find anthing that explained it that well in the searches I made. Anyone know a site or link?

Thanks for the help!

marfish
05-08-2004, 01:22 AM
Keebler elves.
No, really, you probably already know that they are a "blow forward" design, right? The final regulator/valve charges the chamber to about 350 psi that is blocked from escaping by the center pin that is inside the bolt running front to back and sticking out a little. That pin is a piston valve sealed by "O" rings and held in the cocked postion against the pressure of the regulator by the sear and coil spring that mainly acts to re-cock the bolt after firing.
When you pull the trigger, two things happen together. The sear trips releasing the bolt, and you close the on/off valve that keeps gas from entering the chamber through the regulator while the bolt is away from home.
When you release the trigger the chamber refills since the reg. pressure opens the on/off valve.
Go to http://www.airgun.com and click on tech support, again on manuals and diagrams, then again on the exploded view section of the valve you want to see with the parts and their relation. After that go back a couple pages and look up the LEVEL 10 page. As it is loading you can go down to the bottom and click on the link to how it works for a moving diagram that shows how the bolt works as both a valve and launcher.

fuzzynutzipper
05-08-2004, 06:24 PM
thanks!... that is what I was looking for. now... all i have to do is wait 2 weeks for a big paycheck... and find a buyer for my cocker... and I'll be part of the mag family... yay!