PDA

View Full Version : Magic Box worth it?

bsusigep18
10-06-2001, 10:17 AM
Hi everybody, just wondering if i really need the magic box on there? Its kinda unsightly and i'd really like to take it off. It warns not to take it off, but that kind of stuff has never stopped me before:D . Will it mess something up? It just improves consistency, correct? But if im finally getting my baby onto HPA, do i need something to improve my consistency? Kind of overkill? Any ideas out there? Also, if i do get rid of it, would i actually be able to sell it for any kind of money? I know they were worth something back in the day. Thanks guys!

a_malfunction
10-06-2001, 12:25 PM
Your gun doesnt need the magic box. Especially now that you plan on using nitro. Yeah, definite overkill. I dont know about taking it off.... you'd have to call smart parts about that. I dont have a clue about it reducing the re-sale value. It might. It might not.

Temo Vryce
10-06-2001, 03:30 PM
I never really understaood what it was that a magic box was supposed to do. If you open it up it's all hollow inside. It's kinda like a mini expansion chamber I guess. If your worried about hurting your Marker you could always send it in to AGD and have them remove it. That way you know it's going to work ok when it's gone.

Cha0tic
10-06-2001, 05:16 PM
the magic box is just a hollow cylinder that connects to the air chamber in your mag. it makes it larger so that you can run your mag on a lower pressure. it lowers it like 20psi or somthing like that, which makes no difference at all. it does nothing for consistancy and smart parts no longer makes them.

as for taking it off, i wouldn't try. you would just be looking at a big hole going in to your body. call smart parts about it.

M-a-s-sDriver
10-06-2001, 09:26 PM
If you don't want that black box, and it is not too beat up, I might be willing trade you a stock valve for your black box valve. If you are interested just respond or e-mail me for details.