PDA

View Full Version : First Look - Logic Vert Mag Frame V1.1

CoolHand
05-06-2004, 09:31 PM
OK, I've got to show you guys one of the last frames that came off the machine before it died. I put one together, and slapped it on a marker I had here, and I gots to say that I am very pleased with the new version.

That's right, you eight guys will be the first to get the V1.1 Vert Frames.

Changes include a new, non-ugly (though still adjustable) trigger, a saftey (MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE) :D ;) , improved profile, and lighter weight.

Anyway, here are some pics:

One on the marker:
http://www.logicpaintball.com/VertFrameV11.jpg

Close-Up of the frame:
http://www.logicpaintball.com/VertFrameV11Close.jpg

I'm aware that they are a little fuzzy, but the camera had a dead battery, so I just got one pic before it quit me. I'll post some better ones when its had a chance to charge a bit.

My machine's control died last weekend, so there will be some delay while I have it refurbished. I'm not taking any preorders, but they should be available for sale in a month or so.

Enjoy :eek:

Empyreal Rogue
05-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Is 'Logic' spelt wrong in the corner? o_O

It looks great, but my only concern is the grip. It doesn't seem to wrap around the frame itself. How will DYE '03 Stickies be with it? Other than that personal 'peeve' it looks great. I like the trigger stop and trigger itself; what size screw did you tap it with? I want to make a stop for my Intelliframe so I won't over-pull the trigger. heh

ghed
05-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Omg, I love the new trigger! Will these cost anymore/less than the v1.0s? Also is the top of the frame thin enough to where it doesnt form a lip where the rail and frame meet?

Empyreal Rogue - If you look close enough you can barely make out the 'i'

tony3
05-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Perfect...

-=Squid=-
05-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Dye sticky 3's wont fit it bud... ;)

I like it. The new trigger is nice.

CoolHand
05-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Omg, I love the new trigger! Will these cost anymore/less than the v1.0s? Also is the top of the frame thin enough to where it doesnt form a lip where the rail and frame meet?

Empyreal Rogue - If you look close enough you can barely make out the 'i'

No extra costs, just a redesign to fix a few things I wasn't happy with.

Its still the same width (3/4"), so if it lipped before, it will now too.

I'm redoing the Alpha rails so they won't have that problem anyway.

To the first guy - The "I" is there, its just faint. The branding needs some more work, but you get the point.

Later

spacedtedybear
05-06-2004, 10:32 PM
So..... feel like annoing it in black, slap a set of black grips on there and sending it off to me sometime soon? :D

chasden
05-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I want one already! It'll go perfectly with my Dallara (it's being anno'ed right now...)

SpecialBlend2786
05-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Nice work....I can sense more competition with Rogues frame now....

tyrion2323
05-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Are you considering doing a sort of "trade in plus cash" for your triggers? You triggers are by far the best triggers I've ever pulled in my paintballin' days!

Jacob "takes forever to decide what to buy from Logic" Lewis

Or should I say

Jacob "man of 10 invoices" Lewis

CoolHand
05-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Are you considering doing a sort of "trade in plus cash" for your triggers? . . . ..

Sorry, the new triggers won't fit in the old frames, and vice versa.

To integrate the safety, I had to change a few things, mainly the width of the trigger, and the way it sets in the frame.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad you like it.

edweird
05-07-2004, 01:58 AM
nice new trigger style... I dig

Target Practice
05-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Nice work, Coolhand. You finally fixed the main thing that was driving my freakin' nuts...the trigger. I tip my hat to you, Sir.

Joni
05-07-2004, 02:45 AM
Looks great! Oh well, the 1.0 that I have in my hands is...good I guess.

J/k, I love it, but this seems even better =)

Smitty2k1
05-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Looks good, glad to see we have an important saftey. (Hey they really are needed with the ULT)

Whatever happened to the milled in dovetails?

shartley
05-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Great work Ryan. I like the new trigger, it is a good combination of looks and function (where I think before you were focusing on function). Keep up the good work.

badtoyz
05-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Maby im the only one but i like the look of the old trigger. and as for safty ya it is good to have but i have no problems just degassing using my uni-mount.
Looks good Ryan if i did not have one all ready i would get one :)

Danman69
05-07-2004, 08:47 AM
I really like the new trigger. Looks way better then the first model. Keep up the good work!

RoadDawg
05-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Well I'll be honest. It's improving but something just isn't sitting right. I'm thinking the slant from the trigger to the grips (actual frame itself) just doesn't appeal to me. The working safety is a big improvement. As I've said in many posts before, simply degassing the marker doesn't work. Fields need to see two things, working safety and trigger guard. Degassing still allows for one shot maybe two.

thecavemankevin
05-07-2004, 03:49 PM
Maby im the only one but i like the look of the old trigger. and as for safty ya it is good to have but i have no problems just degassing using my uni-mount.
Looks good Ryan if i did not have one all ready i would get one :)

no, your not the only one. i just picked up a slightly used logic frame....haven't even put it on a gun yet....but i do like the original trigger. However, i do like this new one too. Hm....where have i seen this trigger before? oh yeah....the FIREBLADE on my xmag :)

good job logic....so, just to make sure we are clear....those of use with an original version are NOT going to be able to send it in for a saftey correct?

dyeforever
05-07-2004, 03:58 PM
that beautiful. now i gotta get one, damn u coolhand :p . sign me up for one when u ur machine workin again.

phantomhitman
05-07-2004, 04:43 PM
very very nice. you have fixed everyoens complaints, the safety and the trigger. this is going to look great......

CoolHand
05-07-2004, 06:13 PM
....so, just to make sure we are clear....those of use with an original version are NOT going to be able to send it in for a saftey correct?

Sorry guys, in order to integrate the safety, I had to change the shape of the trigger guard. If I were to try to use this safety on the old frames, the hole for it would end up being in thin air, right behind the trigger.

The saftey is not a big enough issue to cause you to get rid of the V1.0 frames. You just have to degass, and expend the last couple of rounds before you put on the barrel bag and take off your goggles.

It is a little more trouble (the degass and fire a couple of rounds), but not the insurmountable issue that it has been made out to be.

Thank you for your feedback guys.

tony3
05-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Well I'll be honest. It's improving but something just isn't sitting right. I'm thinking the slant from the trigger to the grips (actual frame itself) just doesn't appeal to me. The working safety is a big improvement. As I've said in many posts before, simply degassing the marker doesn't work. Fields need to see two things, working safety and trigger guard. Degassing still allows for one shot maybe two.

You have your right to your opinion and all, but now it just seems like you don't even care what Ryan does anymore, to you Rogue will always be better. I like both of them. I like Ryan's stuff a little more, but I'm still going to give rogue props on some of his stuff. It seems like all logics stuff you are against because rogue didn't make it.

RoadDawg
05-07-2004, 10:52 PM
That is where you're wrong. Diversity is the best thing possible. So far Coolhand hasn't made anything I've been wanting to jump head over heels for. He is getting better. This v1.1 frame is close but not quite my liking. That little swoop thing (gap between trigger and grips) doesn't look right. The safety issue is a BIG little issue. I say this due to the fact that I've been to several fields that if you didn't have a safety, you didn't play. Didn't matter if it was degassed or not. If that situation didn't happen to me I probably wouldn't care about the safety. It's there for a reason and I'm glad to see Ryan is taking a right step there. I dig the fireblade trigger. In fact I might end up getting one. I wasn't to pleased with Bulldog's due to the machining lines being extremely noticeable but that's just my "anal and need to look clean" tendency. It's not perfect but I'll probably end up scratching it later. So I'm considering it. No money at the moment hurts that thought. People have had the wrong idea of me. I'm not hating but throwing out my input. Which Ryan has or hasn't taken into consideration. Overall. I don't hate his products just cause RF didn't do them. Competition is the best in this field. It brings out the best products and quality while keeping the market reasonable. Anyhow. I'm gonna stop cause I don't want to turn this small issue into something large and unnecessary.

felony
05-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Very nice trigger! huge +

Glad you are progressivily making things better! Just wish it was cheaper! lol

dan

yaddatrance
05-08-2004, 02:27 AM
Man Ryan! I'm running out of automags to put all these frames on!
I like the new back edge... I actually liked how the angle of the
original trigger felt while shooting it, but this looks a lot prettier.

One thing I noted about the old frame was that the bottom flat of
the trigger guard sort of pinched into my fingers because of the angle.
If you're writing out a new Gerber file for the frame, I'd extend the bottom
curve about 1/4" out to give more space for the finger.

NeoMoses
05-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I like the looks of this new frame. Can you tell us how tall it will be? Keep up the good work. :cool:

Skywalker
05-10-2004, 10:49 PM
how do i get one?