PDA

View Full Version : Ule mag won't fire after a few shot's??

fuentes925
05-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi,
I have had a bolt stick problem with my Ule rt pro with Lx and ult since I bought it. No matter what I try I can't seem to shake this anoying problem. Now I started to get this problem with the marker not shooting at all after about 3 or 4 shots. If I bang the back of the x valve very had it fires then I could shot antoher 3 or 4 shots before I have to smack the x valve again. The trigger rod seems to be resetting fine now it just won't fire. When I hit the back of the x valve it fires even though the trigger is not being pulled. I have the largest carrier I could use before bolt leaks. I want to like my Ule rt pro, but it is very hard to with these problems I have. I can't depend on it in a game and that sucks!!
Any advice?

Chronobreak
05-06-2004, 10:41 PM
welcome to ao exactly how long ya had it? try oiling it up? take out the on/off and oil it up make sure the sear isnt sticking .and make sure you set the lvlX correct make sure the o-ring carrier isnt too tightand oil the lvlX as well

TraXeR
05-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Bolt stick? Hmmm... you might need a new bolt spring. Also, make sure all your power tube orings are in good condition.

Tunaman
05-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Bolt stick? Hmmm... you might need a new bolt spring. Also, make sure all your power tube orings are in good condition.
Is this a brand new valve? :confused:

fuentes925
05-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Hi,
I have had this ule rt custom for 2 months now. I have always owned mags. I do keep it well oiled and I have done every thing possible to try and fix this. I have done what other mag user recommended and what agd have recommended. This problem just won't go away. It worked fine for about 3 days of use, then all the trouble started. I am at the point of selling my ule custom and going back to my good old paint chopping non-bolt sticking mag! Maybe it is time for me to try and send it to agd for a fix or to have a pro look at it.

fuentes925
05-07-2004, 07:38 PM

Yes, the x valve is 2 months old. I also have the ult installed.

TraXeR
05-07-2004, 07:44 PM

Tuna, I took that STRAIGHT from the AGD Classic Mag Tech Video.

CaliMagFan
05-07-2004, 08:07 PM
check the link in my sig..., i think its actually the tension on the frame screws being at an innequality... good luck

-kyro

fuentes925
05-07-2004, 08:13 PM
check the link in my sig..., i think its actually the tension on the frame screws being at an innequality... good luck

-kyro

I have tried this several times and every other thing I have found here posted. I want to like my mag but it is hard to when it has giving me nothing but problems. I will keep trying to fix this. I hope it works out for me, if not it's going on ebay, lol.

fuentes925
05-08-2004, 12:34 AM
I have tried the diffrent carriers once again and it doesn't matter which of the 3 o-rings I use supplied in the kit, it is the same thing. I start with the biggest possible carrier then work my way down until it doesn't leak, but as soon as I use the largest possible carrier not to leak I start to get horrible bolt stick- every 5 to 10 shot's some times even less. I did this with all 3 o-rings in the kit with the same results. I went through the carriers with no shims and when I found the one that doesn't leak I added shims 1 at a time until it leaked then toke 1 out, and still could not get rid of my bolt stick. I even tried diffrent springs and removing ult shims, with no diffrent results. I think I should order some more lvlx o-rings, maybe I got some odd sized o-rings or some thing. Has any body else had this problem?

CaliMagFan
05-08-2004, 03:37 AM
fire the marker...wehre is the bolt sticking?.... if its forward as to close the breach... then you may have bolt stick....but thats a greatly over diagnosed problem..... when you shoot have your hopper off.... shoot a few and take note of when you cannot shoot anymore...where is teh bolt?... forward, or back a bit, like it should be reset, but its not quite... now reach your finger in there if its the latter and press teh bolt back in.... do you hera it latch up? and now you can fire again???? if yes to this than it is the frame screws...

the mag is the best marker you'll own... you can send it to me and i'll get it working...free.... or someone like tuna will offer then same thing.... you just need to be diligent... have enough air in the tank?.... ask yourself where you are going wrong at each step...

keep us posted...

-kyro

fuentes925
05-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Kyro-
Yes, the bolt sticks in the back position, back far enough that it looks like it should be reset. I can push the bolt back and it will reset and can be heard locking up, then I can fire a few more shot's before it sticks again. I think the problem is more the o-rings and carriers because when I use the largest carrier with out leaking the bolt sticks very badly, but when I try the next larger carrier it won't stick at all but leaks air out of the bolt. I also think that it could be that my sear needs to be sanded back a bit, because when the bolt sticks it is completely back against the bumper and I have to push it very very hard to get it to lock up and I am not a small guy so it's not like I'm weak and just can't push hard. I have tried adjusting frame screws with no results and I do have plenty of air for testing since I got a scuba tank and fill station. Do you know of any body that had to sand down there sear a hair to resolve this kind of problem, I think this would help me out but I don't wan't to mess it up either. I do like my mag and always have liked mags, I hope I can get past this trouble.

CaliMagFan
05-08-2004, 02:40 PM
ok fuentes...i'm pretty sure its taht you need to tighten the field strip screw with an allen wrench.... what you are describing is what i think it caused by uneven tightness of the 2 frame screws.... what you need to do is take your marker back to a very generic setup.... basic 1.5 carrier, the stock spring... 1 LX shim and maybe 2 ult shims..... then tightten the bolt in the trigger guard normally... just 1 grunt... its a paintball marker, not a DANA 44 rear differential on a truck... you dont need to kill yourself tightenning it.... then, use about the same ammount of force to tighten your field strip screw in... all of us, when using tools are stong enough to missalign the lightweight aluminum body... it doesnt have a whole heck of a lot of torsion strength...

so when you're ready... just gas up and fire.... get the velocity right on the shots you can shoot.... if the bolt locks up, then tighten the field screw... ideally, you can start with the field strip screw pretty loose (just not snugged) and work from there tightenning a bit each time till you can shoot with regularity, without bolt issues.....

**** EDIT= just as i posted this, this came up on my tech tips thread.****
"my mag was really letting me down. every 5th shot the bolt would stick. i also tried everything know to man to fix the issue.
i made 40 trips to the shop to get my tank filled.
this is how it was resovled..
aired up the marker and fired 5 quick shots then the bolt stuck.
with air still the gun i slowly started to tighten the field strip screw(thinking that this would never work )
after just barely turning the field strip screw the bolt reset.
ended up that i tightened the screw maybe 1/10th of a turn the problem is solved.
thanks calimagfan for putting these tips together, and to everyone that contributes to AO." -Und3rpa1d

good luck... keep us posted

-kyro