PDA

View Full Version : ule rt pro foregrip

poonjar
05-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Im new to mags and just got the RT ULE Custom and i love it the only thing i cant figure out about it is the fore grip. It is attached to the body with a big ugly hunk of metal with six screws in it. All the mags ive seen online have the grip attached directly to the body i was just wondering if i can do this on my gun or if its a different design?

Chronobreak
05-07-2004, 10:26 AM
welcome to ao you can attach it directly to the rail as i suggest you do there is a prehole that must be punched or drillied out the rest of the way

SpecialBlend2786
05-09-2004, 03:12 AM
just take the metal grip mount off, there should be a hole for you to mount the vertical adapter directly onto the RT's rail.

soccer4minimags
05-09-2004, 10:34 AM
You have to go at it through the top of the rail.
So, first remove those screws like they mentioned eariler. Then with that off you should be able to see the screw holding the grip to the bracket. If you unscrew this the veritcal adapter and grip will come off the bracket. Set that aside and keep the screw.
Next take off your body, grip, and valve. So its just the rail. Look at the front of the rail from the top, you should be able to see a pre-started hole in the rail. Just dril it the rest of the way through. File any rough edges down from the underside of the rail.
Now to attach the grip directly to the rail you will probably need some locktite. I used red on mine, you really never have a reason to remove it. It will also keep it from rotating. All you do is put te screw down through the rail and attach it to the VA on the bottom of the rail and tighten it down.
There you have it, it shouldn't take more than a few minuets and it makes it a lot more comfortable to hold. plus IMO it looks a lot better too.
hope this helped.

Boltboy
05-09-2004, 05:35 PM
I tried doing this with my new mag. One of the screws on the metal guard thing (where the grip attaches to) was stripped the first time I attempted it. I slipped trying to untighten it so i'm 99% sure it was already like this. Nonetheless that sucker is on there for good and I have NO idea how to get it off. Nothing will grip it at this point.

Anyone have any suggestions for this? I'm thinking I could take one that fits pretty good, and solder it to the screw. Make sure its good and tight then twist it off. It seriously looks like my only option at this point...

-Bolt

Joni
05-09-2004, 06:27 PM
You could superglue a wrench into it, or just make slit with a hacksaw and remove it with a screwdriver. I used a hacksaw when I stripped a screw.

Boltboy
05-09-2004, 07:12 PM
You could superglue a wrench into it, or just make slit with a hacksaw and remove it with a screwdriver. I used a hacksaw when I stripped a screw.

yeah, tried that. Superglue didnt stand a chance on this grip. I did a few coats and let it dry a while, but it came right off. Metal and superglue just dont seem to like each other.

Joni
05-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Oh...I know there is a "glue", that when you mix the two ingredients it basically becomes a metal. If you would use that, no way it would come loose. The problem is that I have no idea what it's called in english =). Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Boltboy
05-09-2004, 08:48 PM
hmm. Could u be talking about the solder I had mentioned? Basically id melt metal on metal and it would become one piece.

Joni
05-10-2004, 05:36 AM
No, it's not soldering. But hey, that might work as well.

psychobillygoat
05-10-2004, 10:44 AM

I agree. I would definately recomend cutting a slot into the screw head. A dremmel tool works good for that too. I had to do that to get my RT sight rail off. It worked well. Just my 2 cents.

Boltboy
05-10-2004, 11:51 AM
I must not have read that suggestion correctly at first. Damn, good idea. Sorta one of those "duh" things that you just dont think about. Appreciate it!