PDA

View Full Version : Aus. laws finally change

Matches
05-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Finally after many years of complaining, petitions, meetings and general harrasment:
The Australia Government has finally changed the Laws allowing the importation of semi automatic paintball markers into Australia.

This is a great boost for the sport and tournament scene in our country, as it now means we can legally own and use most of the markers avalible on the market and overseas competitors can now fill out the required paper work and enter the country with thier own equipment. :) :D

DiRTyBuNNy
05-07-2004, 12:58 AM
I don't want to sound ignorant...because if I'm wrong I'd be glad...but does this also mean the laws are being changed which will not allow you to possess markers in your own home and not have to keep them locked up at the field (or is that a state/provincial issue).

Blazingace
05-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Liberal bastards. Its about time. Good for you guys.

Matches
05-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Yes DirtyBunny the State laws will allso be reviewed.
New South Wales has that stupid law which only allows you to keep the marker at the field.
Where I am in Queesland you can take your marker anywhere :)

Threewheeler
05-07-2004, 04:57 AM
Matches,

Sorry for the slight hijack, but you've got me curious as to where you play. I've visited a few fields down there and am just wondering if we may have met at some time.

Threewheeler

shartley
05-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Good to hear.

Chris42050
05-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Having to Keep your gun at the field is just retarded. I hope nothin as rediculous as that happens here in America or anywhere else for that matter. Oversafe laws are just stupid. People get hurt, people die. Its a fact of life. Having rediculous laws wont change it. I h8 when governments and lawmakers try to keep everyone supersafe at the expense of freedom. Anyway, glad to here they are coming to thier senses.