PDA

View Full Version : Automag Classic Operating Pressure

tow2er
05-07-2004, 01:36 AM
I have a standard 68Classic, nothing special on it yet. What is the operating pressure on it to be able to shoot like 280fps? any clues, I am sorry if someone already asked this but I am curious to the answer. also is there any real ways to "lower" the operation pressure? thanks.

jwalker87
05-07-2004, 06:30 AM
sumthin like as low as 650 to as high as 1000. The main effect on the input pressure is the reactiveness of the trigger. If I were you, I'd get an adjustable HPA tank like Maxflo, flatline, or others so you can adjust it.

athomas
05-07-2004, 07:35 AM
The chamber pressure of a standard level 7 AIR valve is about 350 - 400psi to shoot ~280fps. Adding a level 10 with longer bolt springs could up the chamber pressure to ~500 - 550psi. What this means is that a level 7 valve would need about 600psi input pressrue to have adequate recharge rate. A level 10 valve could require as high as 800psi input pressure to recharge properly.

Guns use low pressure to reduce the bolt force on the ball. A level 10 bolt setup is low pressure setup because it has one of the lowest forces on the ball. Many people confuse what a low pressure setup is. The fact is, that almost all guns have approximately the same pressure behind the ball. The higher the impulse pressure behind the ball, the better efficiency you will get. There is a balancing act between operating on a low bolt pressure and delivering the required impulse pressure to the ball.