PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag vs Hyper Frame

HyperSnyper
10-06-2001, 11:35 AM
Sorry Guys,
this might be a repeat, I think I may have saw a thread like this a week or two ago.

My Q is what are the main differences between the Hyperframe and the Emag. Both have the same internal dynamics with solenoids pushing the On/off and one actuating the sear. I know that (Of course) The E-mag is built to exact AGD specifications, but then again I dont believe that there were many complaints about the Hyperframe (I think the BooYah got the thumbs down).

I want to make my gun an electro soon and want as little parts on the gun as possible. I would love the Emag conversion for my Micromag, but just dont like that massive batery pack. I do like how AGD made custom emags (for Jacksonville Warriors)where the baterry was relocated to the drop forward (tight). Hyperframe, the battery is in the grip right?

a_malfunction
10-06-2001, 12:11 PM
Yes. A hyperframe's battery is in the grip.

DarkPhoenix
10-06-2001, 01:28 PM
The best thing I like about the E-mag is the fact that if the electronics give out you still have a fully functional marker. It is also much easier to chrono an E-mag, chronoing any RT/Retro/RT Pro/E-mag valve requires using the given RT chronoing procedure, for the e-mag you would chrono in the manual mode.

The hyperframe is a great upgrade, most of the videos featuring the HALO hopper are using a regular AIR valve with a hyperframe grip.

I just prefer the E-mag because I am assured of the quality product which AGD creates. I am unsure how one could properly chrono a hyperframe and Retro valve combination, or if it is even possible.

I think the E-mag upgrade would present the best option because you might want to upgrade to a retro valve in the future. I believe the hyper frame and retro valve are still incompatible, I may be wrong though....

Doobie
10-06-2001, 01:41 PM
Hey dark, I have a Retro+Hyper. Works well. The chrono is a problem. I will usually fire a quick string over the chrono. The Radarchron alarm will go off with any hot shots.

The E-mag has a stronger solenoid/battery that ensure the sear is moved reliably. I start every day with a new Battery in my Hyper.

DarkPhoenix
10-06-2001, 01:43 PM
Cool! Good to know.

MagUser4Life
10-06-2001, 10:04 PM
ive heard that the hyper frame along with other electro frames were very hard on the bolts. is the Emag as hard on them?

Doobie
10-07-2001, 08:49 PM
I can't speak for E-mags, but my hyper has over 6 cases through it and my bolt and sear are showing no signs of wear. I think the rail to body to frame match up is the contributing factor to the bolt wear issue. I was just lucky I guess. All of the tolerances came together on my mag. :D

blackmag
10-08-2001, 08:48 AM
this may sound stupid...but could you use the standard grip and chrono the gun then after chrono it put the hyperframe on...then chrono the hyperfame...

Maverick
10-08-2001, 01:27 PM
Could someone explain the chronoing problem with the Hyperframe. I have a hyper on a standard valve mag and have no problems at the chrono.

cphilip
10-08-2001, 01:48 PM
Rapid fire = heating up the chamber and therefore pressure rises in chamber. FIx? Rapid fire three times, hold back on trigger, then adjust, Try again until you get right Crono speed, then do same to Crono in = stable crono and no hot shots on field. Some bloopers if the gun sits a while but no hot shots.

To sum this EMAG vs. Hyperframe thing all up:

Emag with battery running all is good with the world.
Emag with battery dead still running on manual and all is good with the world.

Hyperframe with Battery running good if you can get it to work.
Hyperframe with dead battery not running at all and reaching in pockets for dough for a Rental or heading home for the day...

Got it? :p

ralicea
10-08-2001, 10:14 PM
I had the Hyperframe and now have an EMag. You can't compare them at all!!

Miscue
10-09-2001, 01:14 AM
I've been using my Hyperframe for a long time now... I bought it before the EMag was released. I still think it's nice. Once in a while, everything doesn't work perfectly (what gun does anyhow?!), things like the bolt sticking, on/off related stuff... and because you don't have a regular trigger anymore... it can be somewhat more difficult to fix/troubleshoot. In my case, it was just a matter of turning my tank off and back on... then was good to go until next time I took it apart. Would happen on occassion after reassembling the gun... usually caught it before I even reached a chrono.

I think it's a pretty good upgrade still, if you don't have a retro valve or plan to get one. Reason being, if you look at the prices and stuff... it's kinda goofy to do if you can sell your gun and use the combined cash to get an EMag, plus a few bucks. Which is why I'm selling my gun now. I'd like a retro valve... but it would be silly to spend about $300 on that... when I can sell what I got and get an EMag with the money I would have used for the retro + money from my gun + a bit more.

I really like my setup now, and I wish I could afford to keep it and get an EMag... I have complete trust in my gun and have come to an understanding with it... :) Doesn't have any problems on the field... never chops balls or anything like that, works great really. Oh well, thus is life.

I'd say EMag all the way if you can afford it. If you can't, but you can get a HyperFrame... you'll still be very well off.

beam
10-09-2001, 11:18 AM
Miscue--

What settings did you run your hyperframe at? Semi? What bps? I just got one and figure I will have to play around with it to find out what the max settings are that I can use and not chop a ton. Just thought I would ask some one so I know where to start.

Also, is your mag still for sale?

Ityl
10-09-2001, 11:28 AM
If the tolerances aren't just perfect on the hyperframe it is really really hard on bolts. You can send the gun to centerflag for shipping one way and they will tweak it out.

The trigger isn't adjustable on the hyperframe but it pretty nice right off the bat.

13 BPS hyperframe in semi
16 BPS emag in semi

The hyperframe is for someone that already has a gun and won't get the money out of it they want. The emag should have no problems right off the bat while the hyperframe most likely will. I personally would go EMag if you have the money, but if you don't you'll be very happy with a workin hyperframe.

Temo Vryce
10-09-2001, 12:52 PM
Other than Battery placement, LED vs LCD, and AGD product vs Non-AGD product the only big difference between the 2 is that the Hyper is capable of Full-Auto. If you have a Mag that you don't want to sell, buy a hyper for it. If you are willing to spend the money buy the E-mag. Hope this helps.

Miscue
10-09-2001, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by beam
Miscue--

What settings did you run your hyperframe at? Semi? What bps? I just got one and figure I will have to play around with it to find out what the max settings are that I can use and not chop a ton. Just thought I would ask some one so I know where to start.

Also, is your mag still for sale?

13bps Semi... no problems. I believe it's sold... should be getting money order soon.