PDA

View Full Version : New Alias for $1294.00???

1stdeadeye
05-07-2004, 09:40 PM
I am thinking about another back up for the X-Mag. Impulse not cutting it. I was sold on the Shocker, but have heard good things about the Timmy. Anyone have a better deal then this one? (http://www.xpaintball.biz/product1.asp?SID=1&Product_id=4644)

RT pRo AuToMaG
05-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Jesus! That for a backup?!

Lucky.... :eek:

I'd go for a dm4 or a heavily upgraded and milled matrix if you are going to spend that kind of cash.

Loud Tim
05-07-2004, 09:44 PM
except for the fact the alias timmy is absolutly amazing
freind of mine just picked one up this last weekend
and it is magical

Glickman
05-07-2004, 09:45 PM
heh wow, your discribing exactly what ive been thinking about. but a vision shocker is 850 while a alias is 400 more...

and 400 for me equals money to put towards a new boston whaler ;)

1stdeadeye
05-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Wow I just found a Shocker for $825.00 with Vision Eye! (http://www.paintballfanatics.com/product-exec/product_id/2712)

WenULiVeUdiE
05-07-2004, 10:07 PM
I can get a blue vision w/ vert reg shocker from my local shop for 825. I was amzed when I saw it for that cheap. They are either way overpriced or underpriced. That shop is crazy with pricing.

1stdeadeye
05-07-2004, 10:08 PM
I can get a blue vision w/ vert reg shocker from my local shop for 825. I was amzed when I saw it for that cheap. They are either way overpriced or underpriced. That shop is crazy with pricing.

What shop? Where in Jersey?

phantomhitman
05-07-2004, 10:09 PM
i do not own either guns, but from what i have seen, shots, and played against dm4s and mtrix with eyes are nice. people keep talking about small isseus with dm4 electronics (power supply and ramping boards) but they flat out roll. just my opinion

WenULiVeUdiE
05-07-2004, 10:16 PM
What shop? Where in Jersey?

Midstate Paintball in Manville, Central Jersey.I go there all the time, it;s 5 minutes from me. They dont have the best techs, but the owner Jeff is a real nice guy. He looks like a California surfer. If you end up going there, tell me. Id like to meet someone from AO.

P.S. Also, they have PE tanks cheaper than from 888 or AVI. Its only a 5 difference and its not the best tank, but it's still cheaper.

Mango
05-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Mine is an absolute murder machine. I love it. Best thing I ever did. :D :D

If i wasent so drunk right now id post link but that is not happening lol!

Derman2k
05-07-2004, 10:57 PM
I own a shocker and the store I'm sponosored by has an alias, I got to shoot it the other day. I'm selling my eblade and buying the alias. Its wayyy faster than the shocker, and its lighter :eek: :eek: :eek: too

GT
05-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Mine is an absolute murder machine. I love it. Best thing I ever did. :D :D

If i wasent so drunk right now id post link but that is not happening lol!

we need a REVIEW!!! X V Timmy!

GoatBoy
05-08-2004, 12:05 AM
except for the fact the alias timmy is absolutly amazing
freind of mine just picked one up this last weekend
and it is magical

IT SHOOTS DARTS!!!!!!!!!!11

Dayspring
05-08-2004, 12:12 AM
I love my alias too. It's gaining on the Xmag as primary gun...

CoolHand
05-08-2004, 12:30 AM

I can match that as well, and I can beat the price for the Alias.

Email or PM me if you want to talk prices.

I have never shot an Alias Timmy (only one I've ever handled was a Lasoya), but I've got a Shocker Vision here now.

It is very light, cuts the same profile as a Mag (the way it feels in your hands, and the way you look down it when shouldered), and is fast as hell.

I'd say the Alias will be fast as hell too, and just from looking, I can pretty much guarantee that it will be light too.

The Timmy will have break beam eyes, while the Shocker is still using SP's infrared eye.

I'd say that either one will serve you well, but if money is no object, I'd go for the Alias, just cause I've never had one.

Dueydog
05-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Before I get flamed I've had two Emags and an Xmag which I sold to get a newer, different color right before they quit making them. Boo!

The Alias is a great improvement over the old ones, but higher maintainence and the solenoid is definitely not AGD quality. I already replaced my solenoid and it's only two months old (only $80.) I spoke to Blast and solenoids are not even covered on a new gun and they are only designed to last 50k-100k cycles. That comes directly from Blast techs.

Other than that, this gun rocks. And at 1.4 lbs is incredibly light with a Halo. Make sure you get the newer software version with Mbounce that keeps it tourny legal. Otherwise, it's $100 to upgrade and that comes from Balst techs as well.

You might look at a DM4 as well.

Cheers,
Matt

GT
05-08-2004, 01:49 AM
viking? :D

Torbo
05-08-2004, 09:38 AM
go for the alias. shockers chop terribly when its anywhere near cold, the eyes reflective, which isnt quite as good, and w/o a bolt kit.....welcome to FSDO and terrible efficiency. However.....its 400 bucks cheaper. id go for the alias. Timmys flat out mow, and the alias is even better. Theyre unbelieveably fast, light, efficient. a word of caution: the first run seemed to suck pretty bad, so youd probably be ok buying new.

RenagadeOfFunk
05-08-2004, 09:46 AM
...here is an I-D-er...i mean idea :)

...get the alias cause the maxtrix doesn't have battery indicator...and no lcd...
...alias is also one light GUN!!...1.4 lbs stock!!...

...so buy the alias,...give it to me...and ill be your back up!!!... (I have been trying to get one...but no one wants my deadly wind custom 1 of 1 e-mag)

*crys*...

...or you could buy my e-mag :D http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1430420#post1430420
...just a taste... :p
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2556

dwab3000
05-08-2004, 10:00 AM
my alias...i havent used it at a tourney yet,...but ive used it three times for rec...its LIGHTTTTTTTTTTT...yes i know using a timmy three times in a month isnt good but i want to keep it for tounrey play and use my mag or bko for rec

spantol
05-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Another vote for the Alias--It's just frickin' insane. $1294 isn't a bad price at all; I think I paid a buck more for mine.

magman007
05-08-2004, 10:41 AM
1DE if ive eversteared you wrong, tell me now! Ive been through all these markers you are considering, shot and handled each, and ive done extensive research on all of em. my findings are...

1. Go with a spool valved marker. Whether its an older matrix with eyes, a dm4 or a 03 shocker, go with the spoolvalve because it is so smoothe in opperation, and very low maintinence, much like a mag, if it leaks, its an oring, and it isnt hard to find which one it is.

2. Go with something you will be happy with. For me, it was the dm4, be cause i was so happy with my previous matrix, only this one is lighter and sexier.

3. Go with something with a comefortable gripframe. Get something you really can grab a hold of and not have ti bother you. This was my gripe about timmies and angels. I dont like the feel of the clamshell, just as i didnt like the feeling of my non ule gripframe on my old e-mag. I also didnt like the space frame on the speed i owned, it hindered my rof, and i had to change a shooting posostion, so that i could walk correctly.

4. Go with something with good eyes. The dm4 and Alias and Matrix all kill the shocker in this dept, and they're eyes are amazing.

5. go with something easy to maintain. Something low maintinence and straight foreward. Again for me it was the dm4, they now have battery indicators, and the led is easy as hell to read and tell what its telling you to do. Plus it looks really cool.

6. If you care about upgradeability, then look at what may be available from previous renditions of the marker. Like a trix, there are evolve kits, different boards etc out for it, which will soon be available for the dm4. Timmy will have different triggers, bolts, and fun cosmetic stuff available for it soon. The shocker... well i dunno.

7. I dont really have any thing else. I went with the dm4 as you can prolly tell, and it will be here shortly. But before you do any sorta buying, give premium paintball a call. They are in canada, but they can cut some very good prices. and if you wanted, they still have xmags! here is their number. 1888 236 6090 trust me man

1stdeadeye
05-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I just need something trouble free. Ask Seek, Big'nSlo or Mango, My X is tempermental sometimes.

Tough decision. I think I am going to go shocker. Save the $400 to $500 and use it as a back up. How much lower can you find an Alias for? Anyone?

RenagadeOfFunk
05-08-2004, 11:30 AM
buy my e-mag...its $400-$500 less :)

(be one of those people who have an e-mag as a back up for an x-mag...but this time its custom :p :rolleyes: )

...can i convince you if i get AGDJon to bug you to buy it?... :confused: :cool:

Jon/xpm
05-08-2004, 02:46 PM
go for the alias. shockers chop terribly when its anywhere near cold, the eyes reflective, which isnt quite as good, and w/o a bolt kit.....welcome to FSDO and terrible efficiency. However.....its 400 bucks cheaper. id go for the alias. Timmys flat out mow, and the alias is even better. Theyre unbelieveably fast, light, efficient. a word of caution: the first run seemed to suck pretty bad, so youd probably be ok buying new.

thats very true... i bet dere is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow too

Digits
05-08-2004, 02:48 PM

mine never chopped in the cold.. Well I think it did once with the eyes off.. But I won't lie.. I hate freaks.. My freak barrel sucks.. It would break at the last inch of the tip every time I would shoot in a game... And then I would take it to a chrono and it shot perfectlly.. So I don't know what went on there.. But it was super thin shelled evil paint, and it was cold in the morning..

And mine doesn't have any FSDO.. With a stock bolt.. If you have your dwell and everything set high enough you shouldn't even have to worry about that..

But if I had the money for an alias or a DM4..

I would go DM4.. But i've never shot an alias so I wouldn't know forsure.. But I just like everything about the DM4's.. They are also suprisingly light.. I shot one with an angel air and it seemed lighter then my shocker with a hyperflow

Mango
05-08-2004, 05:40 PM
First time playing with my Alias today and I am BLOWN AWAY! In as few words as possible it simply runs at ludicrous speed right out of the box! I will have to see the more I use it how reliable it is but to keep the report as fair as possible I will only list my observations from today:

1.) Balance is perfect. I'm running a CP Pro Rail with Hyperflow tank and I can hold the gun in my hand, release my grip and it balances perfectly in my hand.

2.) Light! VERY light. To ME it seems like the perfect setup. May not be this way for everyone since paintball is such a subjective sport.

3.) Cheater boards RULE! Lets face it, its just so sickingly fast that no sane person could really do what it allows you to do. To quote Newt "So what if you can put 10 rounds into that coffee can at 30 feet. I can put 100 rounds into that general area at 20 balls a second!!" :D

The few negatives I noticed with the Alias, to keep it fair and balanced:

1.) Clamping feed neck comes loose easily. Could be fixed with a little locktite. Also, if you sanded your halo feed neck to fit an X-mag breech like I did, you will run into fitment issues. The clamping neck cannot go small enough so you will have to put some tape to compensate. Nothing new I'm over it.

2.) Efficiency is NOT as good as people say. Maybe its because my gun is not broken in yet, but after 4 pods and a hopper I used up 2200 psi. Maybe this will change. Also, who really cares since air fills are so easy to get at any good field.

So this is all I have to say about it so far. Highly recommended.

oldsoldier
05-08-2004, 06:38 PM
I too have just recently purchased an Alias, and agree with what mango said. I had SERIOUS efficiency issues. But, these can be resolved through playing around with the ettings. These things rock! I have never owned a matrix, but, this is my second timmy. I have to say, this may well become my main gun...I am that impressed with it. I only played with it one day, but experienced no problems. Well, I take that back: I continually emptied my hopper without realizing it. Cant really be disappointed with one.

RenagadeOfFunk
05-08-2004, 06:43 PM
:... Efficiency is NOT as good as people say. Maybe its because my gun is not broken in yet, but after 4 pods and a hopper I used up 2200 psi. Maybe this will change. Also, who really cares since air fills are so easy to get at any good field. ...

...Mango witch side of the reg did you put your hose into :p (high pressure or low pressure)...j/k...that air thing should go down...then again you did shoot..

100rd. pods...
-700 shots give or take...

140rd.pods
-860 give or take...

and it depends on your pre-set tank... (thats why i use an adjustable)...

Mango
05-08-2004, 08:37 PM
lol everyone is going to shoot an Alias now :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :)

1stdeadeye
05-08-2004, 08:42 PM

No, I think I am still going to go with the Shocker. I want a simple gun. You know how I break them! :eek:

As for the Matrix, I just don't like the looks of the DM4. I know Newt loves them since they look kind of Star Warish, but it's just not me.

NJPaint
05-08-2004, 09:33 PM

I guess this means I can get a timmy if Violator will let me :D

Dayspring
05-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Shoot what you want Tom. :)

SpecialBlend2786
05-09-2004, 12:50 AM
:( I want an Alias

Then again I want alot of things...

NJPaint
05-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Shoot what you want Tom. :)

I think the better way to put is shoot what I can afford. I was playing around with a friends alias yesterday, I'd shoot double the ammount of paint I do with my e-mag if I got anything like it.

coolcatpete
05-09-2004, 03:29 PM
ONe of my friends got an alias and it did not work at all. Then he sent it back to the company and when it came back it still did not work. So I would not reccomend one.
Pete

Mango
05-09-2004, 03:37 PM
ONe of my friends got an alias and it did not work at all. Then he sent it back to the company and when it came back it still did not work. So I would not reccomend one.
Pete

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

JKW
05-10-2004, 11:49 AM
I love Intimidators, and my current favorite is my Alias. Though I like my son's DM4 a lot (the Empire Intimidator and DM4 in the pic are his) I chose a Dark Intimidator to scratch the "new gun itch". So for me it is Intimidators-3, other semis-0 :) Oh yea, and pump guns-5
I did have a Philly Americans team Shocker here this weekend for some measurements, and it was very, very nice.
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2845

1stdeadeye
05-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Looking at an A-4 now for a back-up!

A4 for $1,095 is a great price right? (http://www.skanline.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=54)

JT2002
05-16-2004, 06:31 PM
No, I think I am still going to go with the Shocker. I want a simple gun. You know how I break them! :eek:

As for the Matrix, I just don't like the looks of the DM4. I know Newt loves them since they look kind of Star Warish, but it's just not me.

bro, an alias is not complex AT ALL!!! and the maintainence is VERY minimal, just like a shocker. there have been a couple of guns with problems, but Bob and the guys at delta ALWAYS give a 110% AGD Quality (:D lol) repair service and will always help you out. a few weeks after i got my empire timmy, my eyes just died outta nowhere. that monday i called teh shop, i talked to one of the techs, and then to bobby himself! needless to say, he UPS Overnight Redlined a New set of eyes to me and even threw an oring kit in there! just 2 days later the gun was rockin again!! you cant go wrong with a timmy, easy maintainence, great eye system, respectable efficient (1000+ per 68 45 fill) crazy light, small , and rip like he!!...

it really comes down to what you like more and what you want to spend. all i know is you can never go wrong with a timmy!
i guess you know what i favor (sp? lol) ;) :rolleyes: :D :D

RenagadeOfFunk
05-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Found all alias' for $1,249.99 + shipping...(Black/Black-red/Black-Blue/Black-Grey/Black with red sleeve/Black with blue sleeve)

(but its my secret MUHAHAA!!!)

pm if you want to know :eek: :rolleyes:

JT2002
05-16-2004, 07:06 PM
i was gonna trade my empire for a nice alias offer, but... damn parents, heh lol :(

sneakyhacker420
05-16-2004, 07:22 PM
go for a normal timmy, the newer ones have alot of costcutting measures, including some very cheaply made solenoids

get a lasoya or something of the like and throw an entropy/chaos board or a frenzy in there and it'll be just as good if not better

unless you're really dead set on the new trigger frame style

Big_Chops
05-16-2004, 07:25 PM
oooo the new trigger frame style is where is at. i will be getting a alias soon :D u can't even see the shocker whens its in my hands.lol

Albinonewt
05-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Well, Deadeye, when talking to Dayspring or Mango about what's better, their Alias markers or my DM4 remember one thing

Saturday evening, my gun was still working

Dayspring
05-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Mango's was workin'.

Mine died last weekend. :P

Mango
05-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Mine worked flawlessly. Today the only problem was I had to lube my hammer and LPR/reg pistons. It totally rips again at ludicrous speed!!!!!

You really cannot go wrong with the DM4 or the Alias. Seriously.

JT2002
05-16-2004, 10:36 PM
lol, funny to see so many of the Mag AO'ers talkin bout their kick a$$ timmies. ;) :rolleyes: :D :D :D

James
05-16-2004, 10:42 PM
I own a shocker and the store I'm sponosored by has an alias, I got to shoot it the other day. I'm selling my eblade and buying the alias. Its wayyy faster than the shocker, and its lighter :eek: :eek: :eek: too
one of my friends just got a angel 4 fly and its nice fast, and also lighter than the shocker!!!!
personally i like the shocker and that will probably be my back up to my emag.

JT2002
05-16-2004, 11:03 PM
yeah but from what i hear, just like most angels, it has mad kick (like my old speed did) and still sound slike a real mad loud machine gun :D :D :D

TIMMY!! :D :D :rolleyes: :D

James
05-16-2004, 11:15 PM
yeah but from what i hear, just like most angels, it has mad kick (like my old speed did) and still sound slike a real mad loud machine gun :D :D :D

TIMMY!! :D :D :rolleyes: :D
its okay i want a shocker. and if i did get a timmy it would be an empire. :cool:
and my mag. thats all i need

Evil1
05-17-2004, 12:30 AM
The alias is a sweet looking gun. I haven't shot one yet, but if they are anything like the lasoya timmy it is probably better and I loved the lasoya timmy. Another timmy that looks nice is the dark timmy. I am not sure if it is out yet though. Right now I am mainly shooting an 03 shocker, and at first I didn't like it that much for the whole efficiency problems. I recently got the HE bolt and now it is much better. The efficiency is much better than with the stock bolt. And it seems to not have the need to be lubed as often as it used to. A couple things that I like about the 03 shocker is that mine is extremely fast after getting the trigger set up perfectly and it has always had awesome consistency even with the stock bolt. Shockers are good, but you have to drop quite a bit of money and time to get them shooting to their full potential. In my opinion, a gun that costs $850 shouldn't need to have the bolt replaced to increase efficiency for another $100. That efficiency problem was either a design flaw that should have been fixed at the company's cost like the early delrin bolts the guns came stock with, or it was just creative accounting.

1stdeadeye
05-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Well, Deadeye, when talking to Dayspring or Mango about what's better, their Alias markers or my DM4 remember one thing

Saturday evening, my gun was still working

Bwahahahahahahaha!

That is true Newt!! Dayspring still has his out for "solonoid repair"!

JT2002
05-17-2004, 01:54 PM
what gun u shootin albino?

Mango
05-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha!

That is true Newt!! Dayspring still has his out for "solonoid repair"!

Humphreys sent them a bad batch of selinoids.

It happens. *shrugs*

Newt shoots his DM4 mostly. Also has a Predator A4, E-mag, Micro Mag, Cocker....I think thats it haha

Scott I'm going to stop by tonight for that CD-Rom, I'll call you later.

Torbo
05-17-2004, 02:05 PM
lol, funny to see so many of the Mag AO'ers talkin bout their kick a$$ timmies. ;) :rolleyes: :D :D :D

and theres a good reason for it. Timmys are sweeeeeeeeet. which reminds me i should update my sig pic and put my new frenzy'ed 2k2 in it.

1stdeadeye
05-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Scott I'm going to stop by tonight for that CD-Rom, I'll call you later.

No problem. They are waiting for you!

ntn4502
05-17-2004, 04:58 PM
I'll tell you what, if you get an A4, I'll get one with you, I've been thinking about it for awhile and just found one for 800....WOOT wastin money!

Derman2k
05-17-2004, 05:10 PM

Well... I got my Alias on friday... Gave her my shocker for it. Wow... Am I happy i did that. Break beam eyes + Basically a lvl x low pressure... Didn't break a ball in 2 days of play. Ripped my eblade apart in the speed department. No kick, lightest thing I've held, and realllll efficient. So now, I take back what I said before. Get the Alias... Not the shocker.

1stdeadeye
05-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I'll tell you what, if you get an A4, I'll get one with you, I've been thinking about it for awhile and just found one for 800....WOOT wastin money!

:eek: Where????

PM me!!!

RenagadeOfFunk
05-17-2004, 08:21 PM
I just got my alias about 4 hours ago from stopping by paintballgear finally...

...the ONLY that worries me is that i ca't use oil on the gun...its says even light oil will ruin the o-rings...but its not that bad...i dont have an asa to drop oil into cause i have a max flow...

...well now i need to get some grease :)

...i plan on having pics tonight its its own thread...

BTW...ITS FREAKING LIGHT!
...halo/ul barrel/88-4500 max flow/gun is lighter than a stock e-mag :)

...i wieghed my gun to be around 4 lbs :) (ahh...life is good)

Albinonewt
05-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Newt shoots his DM4 mostly. Also has a Predator A4, E-mag, Micro Mag, Cocker....I think thats it haha

Don't forget the aweinspiring goodness that is my E-99!

ntn4502
05-19-2004, 09:50 AM
:eek: Where????

PM me!!!

PBN is good for something... but I found a great deal on a NYX, and thats what Im going with

1ofkind
05-19-2004, 04:50 PM
An alais as your backup gun, wow!

FallNAngel
08-02-2004, 04:56 PM
respectable efficient (1000+ per 68 45 fill)

I know you said "1000+", but 1k shots on a 68/4500 isn't really respectable... that's actually REALLY low.

ilikePB
08-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Have you looked into Vikings. You could get a custom Viking for the price of an Alias. It wouldn't be as light, but if you think 3lbs is heavy you need to address some other issues. It will be just as fast(2k3 comes with WAS and 2k4 comes with Pandora), plus you can drop in a 25g switch if it doesn't already have it. Also, it's resale will stay up for a while, the Timmys resale will go down when a new one comes out. You can't beat the efficiency or reliability of a Viking. Throw a Mitey Max on there and you'll have a gun with practically 0 kick. I love my Viking and it's not even custom, just some ups, but it keeps up with anything.

:hail: Vikings

TDonovan
08-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Ever check out the ICD 04 Freestyles? They now have a better valve, .45 grip, and are supposedly very fast with no kick. Just an option.

FallNAngel
08-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Ever check out the ICD 04 Freestyles? They now have a better valve, .45 grip, and are supposedly very fast with no kick. Just an option.

I'm pretty sure they do not have a 45 grip frame.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-02-2004, 07:49 PM
The first run had near 90*, now they may have 45's. But I know it isn't like the first run of frames.

JT2002
08-02-2004, 08:22 PM
why do you people resurrect a thread from may? time to move on, might be sellin my empire timmy for a ripper 2

1stdeadeye
08-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Resurrection of an old thread!

I bought a shocker 04 by the way for a back up!

JT2002
08-02-2004, 08:40 PM
lol, the ripper 2's look sweet
anyone know some1 who wants an empire?