PDA

View Full Version : custom RT ULE vs Classic

slimjim32828
05-07-2004, 11:21 PM
is the Custom RT worth the extra money? is there a kit you can buy to transfer the classic into the custom rt? what are the benifits of the custom RT? can you use the custom RT with Co2? if not, what N2 tank should i get, and what else do i need to make it a good gun? also what is a good hopper and good upgrades? (srry im a nOOb)
James

Boltboy
05-08-2004, 12:03 AM
is the Custom RT worth the extra money?
is there a kit you can buy to transfer the classic into the custom rt?
what are the benifits of the custom RT?
can you use the custom RT with Co2?
if not, what N2 tank should i get, and what else do i need to make it a good gun?
also what is a good hopper and good upgrades? (srry im a nOOb)
James

Wow. Big post. Most of these questions are sorta "your choice" but ill answer what I can. Also, a lot of this stuff can be found in depth for certain post so make sure to use the search function and look around. Just received my RTcustom yesterday. Couldn’t be happier thus far...

- Up to you, but id say yes. I mean if you order a custom at least throw on the lighter ULE body for $20 and thats an extremely nice marker for $360

- Depends on what you get. Its "custom" because you pick what goes into it. With the lvl 10, retro valve, intelliframe, ULE body, optional ULT trigger, etc. you have all the newest stuff for mech mags in one package...

- check airgundesigns.com and look under there parts section...

-No, must run off nitro or compressed.

-High Pressure. Size depends on you. If you play front, a 45/45 is always nice, if back, go for something bigger. I believe a Custom RT can shoot about 6 pods (when full) with a 45/45.

-Its already a GREAT gun out of the box. Remember, its not exactly "stock" because your are getting all the major upgrades with it (some are optional, obviously).

Hopper again is your choice. My eggy (VL EvolutionII) is one of the best hoppers ive used for the price. It tucks in nice and just does the job well. Halo, and the new empire loaders are also ones to look into, though you will pay a bit more. Barrels are your choice. Get something to compliment the light ULE body. Dye Ultralight, Freak kit, All American, and my favorite - the Evil Driver, are all good choices (aluminum for the win!). The only upgrades id even consider beyond this is a small drop forward to tuck in your tank. I changed the front grip because the bicycle grips just arnt my favorite but this is completely cosmetic.

Hope that helps.

-Bolt

slimjim32828
05-08-2004, 12:11 PM
thanks alot! what is a good N2 or compressed air tank? also, what is better N2 or compressed? and finally, does anybody sell replacements for the silver sight rails and other silver parts?thanks alot for the help!