PDA

View Full Version : Ball Break Problems...

Wes_M
10-06-2001, 03:51 PM
I have had major problems with PMI's RPS Premium paintballs. Every time I have played with those using my Automag, I get tons of breaks. A perfectly good day of paintball was runined today because of the amount of breaks I had, 3 in 100 rounds. Thats horrible.
<p>
I'm shooting an Automag power feed, 12 volt Revolution with a Dye Boomstick and a Lapco Autospirit along with the extended nose bolt. Every other kind of paint that i've ever shot works great except the RPS Premium. Not even Wal-Mart paint breaks that much. Does anybody elese have this problem? The breaks usually occur in the feed tube but also in the barrel, not as much though. I have tried switching between my two barrels but the same problems occur. I can't think of any reason why this happens. My nubbin is at it's proper length in the barrel and my velocity is at a constant 280. What can possibly be causing this? It has to be my gun because i've shot 4 bags of that paint and everytime I get mega breaks.
<p>
If anybody can help me out then please do. Also let me know if any of you guys get the same problem. Bye.

Mr. Hick
10-06-2001, 04:57 PM
I don't know about anyone else but this is my field paint and i have had bad batches of paint the last 2 times i played there. i think it was just another bad batch.

lets hope so anyway.

tooslow
10-06-2001, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I've had a lot of customers complaining about RPS Premium the last couple of weeks. Lots of breaks... This is unusual for RPS, it's usually pretty good paint. I'm not sure what to tell you.

Temo Vryce
10-06-2001, 06:14 PM
I run a small bore barrel, it loves diablo paint but eats the RP for lunch. Sometimes I wonder who is wearing more of my paint me, from chopping or my oppenents. My suggestion would be to test your barrle paint match. Try blowing a ball through your barrel. Make sure its as round as possible. This should tell you if it's the right size of barrel or not. Talk to the other players at your field to find out what szie of barrel they are using.

Russ
10-06-2001, 09:18 PM
The autospirit is small bore barrel. Stay away from that one with the PMI Premiums. Use the Boomstick. I, too, have noticed more than enough barrel breaks with the last PMI Premium that I've bought. It was Hot Pink, if that matters. I'm really liking that new JT paint. It's also made by RPS.

Wes_M
10-07-2001, 07:45 PM
Yeah, everytime I used the PMI Premium it was hot pink as well. Also using my Boomstick has no affect with breakage, same problems occur just like with the Autospirit. I'm really starting to think that the paint just sucks wang. I sold my PMI Premium to 2 friends, one with a Spyder TL and the other with a Spyder Special Editition and it worked great in their guns. 500 rounds each and not one break. So maybe its just my Automag.

ralicea
10-07-2001, 08:22 PM
You have to match your paint to the barrel. I use the Freak and have had no paint breakage.

Lone Gunman
10-13-2001, 01:10 PM
If RPS is making JT paint, maybe Brass Eagle bought them out too. LOL

Tubby_Ninja
10-13-2001, 10:48 PM
Dang, I'm glad to hear this. I got my Emag about 8 weeks ago. The first time I played, no breaks. Then I went back about 4 weeks later, used the field PMI Premium, and fought all day with breaks in the feed tube and barrel! I could never get the thing clean! It happened to me last week too. I saw AGD mentioned that they were getting a ton of bad paint comments lately. If you can, I'd try another paint, or just wait out these bad batches.

Here a theory. Could it be that we are seeing paint that either got stuck in transit, or sat on paletes too long last month after the WTC attacks shut down shipping and transportation? Just a wild a** guess...

Tubby_Ninja
10-14-2001, 11:44 PM
Just an update. I shot a case of fresh Marbs thru my emag today. 2 barrel breaks, and no feed breaks. It was excellent! Get fresh paint.

joeyjoe367
11-05-2001, 02:40 PM
Hey...

I was shooting PMI Premium On Saturday (nov 3rd) and I also Had a big problem with breaking paint.

My friend, who was also shooting an automag, was having breaks too.

I thought that it might have been the paint, however, another friend shooting an Impulse (all of us on the same batch of paint) Only had 1 break all day, and it was due to shooting too fast..

I 'Still have about 500 rnds of the extra paint. I guess I'll get rid of this stuff and try something else.

Tubby_Ninja: Glad to hear it. I'm going to go grab some Diablo Paint or something the next Time i'm out.

joeyjoe367
11-05-2001, 02:50 PM
BTW, I was shooing Hot Pink also, along with some blue/orange -> Orange

ralicea
11-05-2001, 06:28 PM
joeyjoe367,

What state are you in?

joeyjoe367
11-06-2001, 12:59 AM
Washington, Seattle area to be a bit more specific. I ordered the paint from www.paintballgear.com tho.

dEAgle b0b
11-06-2001, 03:17 PM
Go with Diablo, 1 ball break in 1k rounds.

EnW
11-06-2001, 04:06 PM
The trouble with the RPS balls is that they are trying a different manufacturing process that allows them to produce more paintballs than in the past. The balls do not have the "oil" or whatever it is on them. Check them out...they look different than the balls in the past. I think(hope) that they are still working on their problems.

joeyjoe367
11-06-2001, 04:20 PM
EnW, I also noticed that. They aren't "glossy" anymore, but more of a "matte".

'Thing is, I used a case of hot-pink (also from pbgear.com) around august, and it was just fine. I might have broken one or two here and there, but that was only under high rates of fire, and It was my first day with my 'mag :D.

Had some short-stroking going on there.

nak81783
01-14-2002, 05:01 PM
I bought a case of hot pink premiums a few months ago and just finished it off two weeks ago, because I wasn't able to play for some time. It worked great in my mag...tight groupings and only 1 break all day. The break was in a fast string of shots and it was the first time I ever shot my mag, so I probably short stroked it.

Anyway, I bought another case of the same stuff and it was horrible. I broke paint all day. I'm glad to hear others are having trouble with it. I thought it was my new investment which was really frustrating. I ordered Big Ball this time, so I'll see if that works any better.

I also called Action Village to see why the price of PMI suddenly dropped about 4 or 5 dollars. I was wondering if they had some stale stuff they wanted to get rid of. They said no, they wouldn't sell bad paint at a lower price without first telling the customer it was seconds. They said RPS is like 15 minutes away and they get fresh stuff almost everyday. Maybe it's that new process you guys were talking about above. After this case of Big Ball, I might try a different color of PMI since everyone is having trouble with hot pink. I like Big Ball too, but the colors are kinda dull and boring, that's why I switched to PMI in the first place.

Nathan

mattyfatty182
01-14-2002, 05:53 PM
Shot a whole 2 cases of 32* Competition (field paint, owner is religious = no diablo) and didn't have a ball break all day.

Dave
01-14-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Wes_M
Does anybody elese have this problem?
If anybody can help me out then please do. Also let me know if any of you guys get the same problem. Bye.

I know exactly what you are talking about. Team Colors and PMI Premium are two paints that my mag doesn't like. I'll tell you what my mag does like: Big Ball! Mmmm, my mag luvvvvs Big Ball paint, never had a break with it ever(that I can remember) In any case, it is probably the actual paint. It was probably a bad batch...so from now on, try getting a whole bunch of different paint, and get your favorite barrel and see what you and your mag like to shoot!:)

-Dave

meat
01-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Hey Dave the reason you have never gotten a ball break with Big Ball is because big ball don't break ;)

No but really I have been getting problems breaking RPS paint in my auto mag too. It has never acted like this with any other paint before.

I think the problem with RPS is that they break too easy. If you hold it like 4-5 feet above ground(hard-surface) and drop they break. That is crazy! Another weird thing about it is it shell. It uses some type of wierd material, you drop it in water and it starts expanding in minutes compared to other types taking days.

And Dave, Big Ball is to hard to break (my opinion) and RPS is to easy go with somthing in between like Diablo.

ButtersAutoMag
01-15-2002, 12:51 PM
Seems wierd everyone has had this problem, personally i never shot marbalizer... sounds like it could be the bore. I always try to look for nel splat paint because I had a case and didnt break one ball... the diablo blaze is also a good paint, love it and never broke any. Right now I have a case of PMI premium and I do get at least one break a game, but thats because Im shootin like really fast and my revy and standard feed cant keep up.