PDA

View Full Version : heat gun saves the day

FreakBaller12
05-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Well me and my dad were trying to get off the feedneck of my body so i can put the vert adapter when i get my warp on. We were tryign everything possibly. We decide to whip out the heat gun. It came off easily and the anno in perfect order. We beleive that it's actually green loctite not red, cuz it came off with so little heat. We cleaned it up with some solvent and a brass brush(which did not scratch the anno)
Boy o boy am i happy it came off in perfect condition. :D

The Action Figure
05-08-2004, 02:37 PM
good for you

minimag187
05-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Well, yesterday I put a piece of tape on something to hold it together, and it worked very well. It comes off with no residue left behind!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RenagadeOfFunk
05-08-2004, 02:48 PM
...or you can get a strap wrench...(as seen on tv)...i got 2 sizes in a value pack at Home Depot (R), (i have to watch my back on that copyright crap these days :p ), for ONLY $9.99

...both work great...

...i got my ule feedneck off and minimagjim's...

barberjohn
05-08-2004, 04:11 PM
well, sometimes those dont have enough grip as i found out the hard way trying to get one of my barrel backs off of this kid's system x cocker. i ended up having to get a wrench to it, since my ride was about to drive off without me. worked fine, just left a few small scratches, but nothing major :D .

FalconGuy016
05-08-2004, 04:13 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused:

Halliday
05-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Your girl's hairdryer is a cheaper heatgun :) Also when you use it you get to stop her from fixing her hair.

Skywalker
05-08-2004, 05:42 PM
I also bought that strap wrench set at Lowe's for $9.98 and it worked like a charm. When I took my feedneck off I found a white powder on the threads, I have no idea what it was. Anyway, I put on my A Plus clamping feedneck and it looks hot.

Bad_Dog
05-08-2004, 08:51 PM
strap wrenches are my mortal enemy. they do me more harm than good... somehow after every time I use one, I wish I'd used a regular wrench... the results would have been less damaging :mad:

SpecialBlend2786
05-09-2004, 02:23 AM
Your girl's hairdryer is a cheaper heatgun :) Also when you use it you get to stop her from fixing her hair.
yep yep yep :D

FallNAngel
05-09-2004, 02:51 AM
strap wrenches are my mortal enemy. they do me more harm than good... somehow after every time I use one, I wish I'd used a regular wrench... the results would have been less damaging :mad:

Then apparently you're using the wrong kind of strap wrench, or you're just plain using it wrong. I fail to see how a rubber strap on a plastic handle will do more damage than a metal wrench on a metal body...

kscullin
05-09-2004, 04:04 PM
IMO, it has to have been red, just likely not very much.

Green Loc-tite often takes an act of God to come apart.