PDA

View Full Version : Centerflag 201?

Southpaw
05-08-2004, 03:53 PM
I just got a used centerflag 201 and I was wondering if they have a low and high regulator I can only seem to get it up to 850psi it was set at ~450 when I recieved it.

SocialD
05-10-2004, 01:37 PM
From CF's site:

Output Pressure: Adjustable (0-1000 psi)

Southpaw
05-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Thank you for that but I did see that on the centerflag site. i was just wondering if they had a low/high pressure spring kit also. With most things they only work the most accurately in the middle of the range given. So why then can I only get 850 out of the tank? Bad gauge or does the regulator need to be rebuilt? now too familiar w/ the centerflag products.

SocialD
05-11-2004, 09:37 AM
First check the obvious, make sure that the bottle has over 850psi. I'm assuming that you have done this.

Next, the gage or the regulator spring might be bad. However, it more than likely just needs to be taken apart, cleaned, and lubed. Just degass the regulator, remove the adjustment plug, and clean the parts a little. When you go to reassemble it, put a little lithium grease on the outside of the regulator piston. See if this helps. If not, at least it hasn't cost you anything.

Center Flag does sell rebuild kits for their regulators, but I don't believe that they include the spring. You might need to contact CF or your local PB store to buy a new spring. I'm almost positive that they have only one spring for the 201 reg.

Good luck,
D-