PDA

View Full Version : Senior Trip Planning Help

robertjuric
05-08-2004, 09:20 PM
I think I've decided what I want to do for my senior trip. I want to do a cross country drive across the states. See all the big stuff. I live in Alabama, so I want to start my way up North East, then start working my way back through the Mid West, North West, down the west coast, and back home.

So what I need are places that I should stop off to visit. I'm not talking about stupid stuff like the world's larget rubberband ball, but stuff that every American should have a chance to see in his life.

.tMan
05-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Mount Rushmore
The rockies
The grand Canyon
Niagra Falls
California Coast
NY city

that's about all I can think of so far

gamarada717
05-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Go to Yosimite National Park, it was one of the coolest places I've ever been to. If I can think of any more, I'll tell ya.

crazy carl07
05-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Mount Rushmore
The rockies
The grand Canyon
Niagra Falls
California Coast
NY city

that's about all I can think of so far
yea you need yo see all of that all of that

i live in new orleans and it a great party city need to stay there for a couple of nights

1stdeadeye
05-08-2004, 09:56 PM
If you come up through Jersey, you should see the Battleship New Jersey in Camden, The Liberty Bell and Independence Hall in Philly, and of course Atlantic City, NJ!!! :D

Stay in AC, and you can play at PBX (Toms River) too! :D

Bluestrike_2
05-08-2004, 10:02 PM
you HAVE to hit Cedar Point (http://www.cedarpoint.com) . That place is like a gift from god. [Sandusky, Ohio]

Niagara Falls - Hard Rock Cafe there is pretty cool :D

Hershey, PA - Everything is made with chocolate. Their spas even use cocoa for their stuff. Now that is insane!

Vail/Beaver Creek/Breckenridge - All very cool ski resorts. If in winter. If in summer, still go. Plenty to do. Lot's of history in that area

Disneyland

Disney World

Lot's of other cool places. Hit as many amusement parks as you can, just not Six Flags ones. They suck. Cedar Fair (http://www.cedarfair.com) Rocks.

Then, in Florida, stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. There are speakers everywhere there. Piping music everywhere. Even underwater! Oh yeah, they give you a "complimentary" CD. You can burn it and send it to me by email :D

What trip would be complete without a stop at the Jelly Belly jelly bean factory in Fairfield California? http://jellybelly.com/Cultures/en-US/Fun/Tours/Fairfield+Visitor+Center.htm

That's it, the perfect trip. Oh yeah, the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado, and West Point in New York. There are tours of both places.

Don't forget Gettysburg! Stay at the Eisenhower Inn. Very nice, we were there for a conference for a weekend.

robertjuric
05-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Im actually planning/attempting to goto Westpoint!!

Thanks for all the ideas guys, keep em coming.

Muzikman
05-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Bluestrike,

You seem well traveled and also seem like you live some place in PA...middle of the state?

To be honest...avoid cities and tourest traps...you'll never see all you want to see. Like going to NYC is pointless as you would see nothing in the few days that you be able to stay there. I say try to hit all the natural wonders and famous national parks in the US. Also it a few the the more well known historical sites.

Koosh
05-09-2004, 01:51 AM
If you head through the rockies, stop by the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs (Colorado)... Excellent place. Then it would be cool to head along Trail Ridge Road, which is the highest continually paved road in the United States, which is north of CO springs by a few hours...

Just my suggestions for Colorado anyway...

I think the hardest part of this would be trying to trim down the list of places, unless you want to spend a good 2 months on the road...

Jon/xpm
05-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Ive been to Cedar Parks in the past and its worth a visit
Have fun :)