PDA

View Full Version : For AGD ever think about trying this?

Starfire
10-06-2001, 07:06 PM
Hey AGD ever think of trying to make a painball gun bull pup configuration, making the mag even more compact? Bull pup for anyone who doesnt know out there is when the clip is in the back of the gun, allowing to have the barrel go intot he body of the gun giving the effect of having a longer barrel in a smaller space. with the warp technology I think it would be possible, or at least you guys could do it! =) every try anything with this?
What do others think? lemmy hear some feed back! :D

Deadeye
10-06-2001, 09:50 PM
Hmmm, bullpup design. Now that's a thought. Speaking as a user of a Steyr Carbine and SAR 21 and owner of a Mag, there will be some problems.

First up, IMHO, basing the design on Mag Specs now, you could shift the entire WARP feed and loader to the back/behind of the Mag, but it would be extremely back heavy. The Revy would definately be in your chest and partial face area, making it real uncomfortable.

However, it would be an interesting idea to kick around though...:)

Starfire
10-06-2001, 10:02 PM
well i didnt have time to hammer out all the details ;) just a thought I would throw up and see what would come of it hehe, I was thinking maybe keep the warp and loader where it is

redesign a new main body or something, giving the ability to shorten the barrel (gotta hate those barrel hits! ;) )

I dont any experiance with the warp, I need to pick one up some time, too bad im outa cash =p lol, anyway, Im sure AGD's techs could figure something out, they make the best stuff on the market =)

Maybe replace the bolt or something if possible im no tech heh just some ideas that popped into my head last night around 12 heh, what can I say Tom yer inspirering lol!

a_malfunction
10-06-2001, 11:02 PM
I have been thinking about this.... making a few drawings and such.... not much has come of it though.

AGD
10-07-2001, 01:46 AM
We made one 10 years ago out of a Muzzelite body for real guns. My friend Ed Head put an automag in it and it worked great. If I think about it I'll post a pic.

AGD

toymyster
10-07-2001, 01:54 AM
I'd like to see that one!!!!

FeelTheRT
10-07-2001, 06:57 AM
well, it would be cool to see one but i don't think it's such a good idea to make your paintball gun look like a military weapon such as a Stryr Aug at this time.

jas142
10-07-2001, 08:26 AM
I've never used a Steyer Aug (or any other bull pup gun) in real life, but I've seen them before (I play rogue spear alot :) )

They always looked very uncomfortable and hard to get used to, plus, theres no clip on a paintball gun anyway :)

Starfire
10-07-2001, 10:00 AM
oh well was worth a shot =) Plus we get to see a cool AGD toy hehe :)

Temo Vryce
10-07-2001, 11:36 AM
Wow Bull Pup. Now that's how you show your Paintball age. I believe that someone marketed a conversion for the PMI 3/VM 68 once.

Now I'm showing my age hehehe. :D

Starfire
10-07-2001, 11:47 AM
Ive only been into paintball for 5 months heh just an idea that came to my head =p

Swampy
02-18-2012, 11:43 PM
I know this is over 10 years old but, anybody thought about this lately? My buddy is getting back into paintball and we were looking through markers for him and his girl. I got to thinking that nobody ever made a small in tight package for a paintball gun.

I'd think you'd be able to use most of the AGD spec'd parts, just different rail, and a extention of the sear assemble (or pneumatics?).

Didn't want to start up a new thread for a old topic.

sQuidvision
02-18-2012, 11:58 PM
most epic necro of ALL TIME! ;)

Happy you did though... i have been thinking about this recently and am thinking i will give it a go.

Anyone have experience using a warp without an electro hopper? is it just a complete PITA?

zondo
02-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I believe this was a Rainman creation:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/robzondo/p90mag8.jpg

hill160881
02-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Some people thought of using the lower EP block i made for the minigun mag for this. It is small enough to fit into a bullpup stalk.
Luke's Customes has the cad and may still be able to make them.

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae195/hill160881/Temp/Projects/HillsEPBlock.jpg

Ando
02-19-2012, 08:04 AM
There's a youtube vid of this very thing with a mag. Not sure how he fed it though.

paint magnet
02-19-2012, 09:25 AM
I've never used a Steyer Aug (or any other bull pup gun) in real life, but I've seen them before (I play rogue spear alot )

They always looked very uncomfortable and hard to get used to, plus, theres no clip on a paintball gun anyway

There's no "clip" on a Steyr AUG either.

Bullpup configurations would be very easy to do with paintball markers, because the fire control group is very easy to mount away from the bolt/firing mechanism, and you don't have to contend with the ejection of hot brass near the operator's face.

With electropneumatic guns, all you have to do is run longer wires. Mech guns run into the same problems as real guns (linkage arms bind or create a heavy trigger pull).

To feed it, you can run a Q-loader underneath the barrel with the hose going back to the feed port of the gun. Ironically, you are now mounting the "magazine" forward of the mechanism (technically the opposite of a bullpup). Or, you could over-complicate things and have it run off some sort of proprietary magazine.

However, there's no practical location to put the tank. With a conventional bottomline setup, the tank is on the gun and it also serves as the stock. If you mount an additional stock, all you're doing is adding weight. You can run a 13 ci tank or a CO2 tank, but performance will be hindered.

When it's all said and done though, the gun really won't be any more compact than a conventional setup with a Warp Feed, NDZ drop kick, 10" barrel, and a peanut tank.

Nanotech
02-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Speaking of mech bullpups, what if you use an extended piece of #4-40 threaded rod as the trigger linkage? Perhaps mounted directly to the regular sear, replacing the normal shorty sear pin, placing the trigger 6-10 inches forward of the valve? I believe the torques should be roughly the same, resulting in a normal trigger pull; so long as the rod doesn't buckle, it seems like an ideal and unique-to-Automag solution.

Swampy
02-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Okay thinking more on it. Take the P90 mock up above with the location of the trigger forward of the valve, I'd think (the trigger) a few inches forward and the valve rearward. Put a vert grip on infront of the trigger (like stock AM/MM rail), so a 12in barrel ends just at or just beyond the vert grip. I think the idea in my head is hard to explain with out pictures, and parts.

The tank, You think it would be to back heavy if the trigger frame is foward? I wouldn't think it would matter cause it would be close to where it would sit on a normal mag.

Might start shopping of parts to see if I can pull this off with little modifaction with stock parts. I'd dub it "Tac-Two".

EDIT: About the tank if all fails, run remote. Hill I'd have to see/hold something, I can grasp the solidworks/CAD design 3-D I'm good with 2-D though lol.

russc
02-20-2012, 02:54 AM
The problem with bullpups is that there's zero practical use for them in paintball. There's no need to put a full length rifle barrel into an SMG/PDW package, because an 8" barrel gives us better results than an 18" barrel.

In fact, the ergonomics are completely compromised, more so if you use a hopper. Having the sight line at eye level is important for coming out of cover as "one" with the gun. Bullpups force you to expose yourself much earlier when coming out to shoot, and you pretty much have to shoot from the hip and walk your fire in.

GEE TEE
02-20-2012, 05:52 AM
There's a custom builder in the UK (Gommie404) who's developed with some really neat bullpup designs based around ION's. Should work just as well for a mag if EP operation is used. He used a modifed BT rip clip feeder, plus a custom ION breech with a right side feed port - similar to a warp AGD layout. Here's a link to some of his posts on the UK scenario website.

http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14514

As for the rear biased weight issue - an X-valve and ULE milling should sort that

http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1932&t=1

Swampy
02-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Russc: I can see/think your concern with the hopper being in the line of sight. What about a body though where, as your looking down it the hopper is offset to the right. Or using a Q loader (I've read the horror stories), mounted under the valve?

Thanks for the info GEE-TEE, I'll have to read into it later.

I like where this going, looking into ebay for a cheap classic to have something pyshically in my hands to draw out/mock up. It doesn't hurt to try I guess.

zondo
02-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Or warp feed it... :rolleyes: