PDA

View Full Version : Broken RT Pro I just purchased...

Thermus
05-09-2004, 08:51 PM
I bought it knowing there was something wrong with the valve, but some other things are wrong with it as well. 3 of the screwes holding on the sight rail are stripped. Any ideas on how to get those suckers out of there? There are in tight as hell, and anything I have thought of seems like it won't work. Its disgustingly dirty in there, and I really want to clean it.

Also, its a right feed. The cap thingy on the bottom of the feed that makes the ball go through the breech instead of just falling out is missing. How can I replace that?

I have no ASA or Nitro tank right now, so I can't work on it for a while in terms of it shooting. I am bringing it to a friends house probably this weekend so he can work on it. I may have questions about that.

Duck Hunt
05-09-2004, 09:08 PM
http://www.airgun.com

Theres the only site you need for replacement parts. Now as for those stripped screw. Are the heads just stripped? If so are the stripped COMPLETELY as too being completely round? If not you can try the next size up allen wrench, either hammer it in there or epoxy it in there than you can unscrew them.

Hope you get this thing up and running they are GREAT markers!

Sean

Thermus
05-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Well, I was able to get the screws unstripped by hammering in an odly shaped tool (don't know the name) and unscrewing. It worked amazingly well.

I'll check out that site for the part I need. I'll definaeyl wait to see if I need anything else before I order.

EDIT: I'll be able to swing the 2 dollars it costs, heh. Is there a miniumum at the AGD store?

...Shipping is going to cost me 9 dollars...

Boltboy
05-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Well, I was able to get the screws unstripped by hammering in an odly shaped tool (don't know the name) and unscrewing. It worked amazingly well.

I'll check out that site for the part I need. I'll definaeyl wait to see if I need anything else before I order.

EDIT: I'll be able to swing the 2 dollars it costs, heh. Is there a miniumum at the AGD store?

...Shipping is going to cost me 9 dollars...

haha, ill give this a shot. I have the exact same problem. I thought maybe soldering in the allen wrench would work. Havnt tried it yet though.

Thermus
05-10-2004, 02:47 PM
That should work, but I didn't want to break any of my allen wrenches... because they aren't mine. The tool I used is the back of a screwdriver where you can replace the head with phillips head, wedge design type one, and this weird shaped one, almost looks like a star. I hammered the star shaped one in and it unscrewed nicely.

Joni
05-10-2004, 05:55 PM
That star shaped tool i called a torx wrench I think. Perfect for removing stripped hex screws!