PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag battery & Overcharging

Russ
10-06-2001, 08:25 PM
The E-Mag's battery is claimed to have enough juice for 20,000 shots. I charge mine, (top it off) every week before I play (after 2000 or so shots). Will I harm the NiMH battery by overcharging? Anyone bought a replacement? If so how much do they cost. Thanks.

[M@g_D@ddy]
10-06-2001, 09:22 PM
nope. agd is pimp and gave us these batterys called NiMH (Nickle metal Hydrate) or something. These batterys don't have what's called memory. that means that you can charge them how ever much u want and u won't loose usable battery storage. i wouldn't charge it after that much just because that's a lot of chargin and i don't like that stuff, but if u do, hey, party on. never bought a replacement or know how much it costs tho. but u won't need one for a long time if u don't loose it or something.

ZeroXtreme
10-06-2001, 11:30 PM
Let me make a slight correction, it is not entirely true that NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries do not have what they call "memory effect." This happens when you do not completely discharge the battery before recharging it again. NiCD (Nickel Cadmium) batteries are notorious for this. NiMH batteries are alot more efficient in minimizing this effect, but again, they are not totally free of "memory effect." The LiION (Lithium Ion) batteries are the ones that are completely free of "memory effect," but they are way more expensive than either NiCD or NiMH batteries.

As safe practice, you have to discharge NiMH batteries once in a while, whatever they are for (not only the E-Mag battery), before fully charging them again. :)