PDA

View Full Version : Do you find it funny when...

Carbon
05-10-2004, 01:29 AM
you significantly know more about how x marker fuctions, its theory of operation and maintenace schedule than the owner of said marker? Especially, when you dont own or have never owned said marker? I put a post like this regarding cocker owners not "knowing" their guns in the AIR forums and all i got was flames flames flames. oh boy.....

Eatem Alive
05-10-2004, 01:46 AM
rare is the cocker owner who can fix his own gun.

DementedChild
05-10-2004, 01:51 AM
hey hey i can fix my own gun, just lost the manual and need opinions :(

kevdupuis
05-10-2004, 02:04 AM
Manual! what manual? Just give me a big enough hammer. :D :eek:

DementedChild
05-10-2004, 02:08 AM
i love my cocker (sniff sniff) i wont ever replace her(her name is bertha for her weight of 9lbs)

SpecialBlend2786
05-10-2004, 02:15 AM
hahaha that thing must be a beast with the warp and everything.

DementedChild
05-10-2004, 02:17 AM
here http://www.pagibbs.net/~jwolfgang/1am.wmv

i got bored

SpecialBlend2786
05-10-2004, 02:23 AM
hahaha wow.

DementedChild
05-10-2004, 02:26 AM
i cant wait to get my dual trigger on there

JimmyBeam
05-10-2004, 07:39 AM

if it doesnt fit, force it....
if it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways :p

LittlePaintballBoy
05-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I was just thinking this, yesterday I played a little bit to try out my new gun. All the refs were really curious about it, and I was letting one of them play with the trigger and stuff. He was talking to the Field owner abou how he was going to buy an 03 shocker, but they were slow, and he then went on to tell the manager how 03 shockers worked almost the same internally as my gun (My new RT ULE Custom!!) . Can you freaking believe it? I told him that they actually work more like a Matrix (03 shockers, I mean.). :rolleyes: I can't stand it when people talk matter-of-factly about stuff they don't know.

tribalman
05-10-2004, 09:25 AM

lol. that's called percussive matenence(sp?). hit it till it works.

Python14
05-10-2004, 11:30 AM
yea, littlepaintballboy, I know what you mean. I was at the field about 2 months ago and this one guy was talking about Strange Impulses to the owner. Apparently news travels slow around here(except between chuck and I) because the field owner(as nice as he is) wasn't aware of strange impulses, and secondly, the guy telling him about it said because it has low pressure, it shoots just as far as a tippmann flatline. I interjected and clarified it all because one of my pet peeves is people spreading false info when they don't even know what they are talking about. I then had to clarify to 3 different people why I use nitrogen.

1ofkind
05-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Those TechT viedos really help. Check them out

dwab3000
05-10-2004, 05:17 PM
hey if you thinks that bad

about a week ago, i played with my x-valved, ule,...practiclly all uped mag...

i see a newbish person to cockers...i ended up timing his trigger....WTF is what i was saying to myself as i did it.

next time i have to fix a kids tippmann, spyder, anything....im gonna be showing him exactly what to do...

but it makes me laugh, why buy a gun you cant work on...

if you cant fix the gun, you shouldnt of gotten it....mkes perfect sense

FallNAngel
05-10-2004, 06:12 PM
rare is the cocker owner who can fix his own gun.

which is kinda odd since they're not even that complicated.

Theguad
05-10-2004, 06:42 PM
I've been in the sport for a bit over a year now... but I totally agree that if you can't fix it, don't buy it. I'm still playing with my Spyder because if anything goes wrong with it I can fix it in 10 minutes flat. BUT!!! I have to give mad props to the guys with cockers that actually know how to get the timing down right and can keep their own gear in perfect condition. I haven't seen too many cocker owners that fit that bill man. In my totally lame and unofficial capacity I would have to say that only 40% (max) of all the cocker owners actually know how to keep them working right.

sig11
05-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Strange... I've never had to fix my mags... :)

dwab3000
05-10-2004, 07:24 PM
i know...i fell in a big mud pit...i found out that there was mud everywhere all over and in my marker....

i didnt find this out till after i was done playing that day, i cleaned...sure enough....MUDDDDDDDDD and no performance issues except this sludgy kinda sound and mud in my barrel (no one had a squeegie and i lost mine :( )

but say i used a timmy...the mud woulda killed it
or a cocker...well mud in the pneumatics...not sure, but dont think thats good

its just so messed up these newbs who get these guns and have no idea who to use em....

i read online manuals before i even get the manual...i think thats a reqiurement..

as for cocker users that was stated a couple posts before that said 40 % of all know how to keep em working...

its more about 25% and im part of those 25% (yes i own a 01 or so vert)

i do more work on feilds on peoples markers than an airsmith in two days...

Carbon
05-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Anyway, maybe my first post could of been worded differently but any how here is my response to the whole thing, and guess what they closed the thread. whatever.

iwas gonna retort in the original thread http://www.air-powered.com/index.php?act=S...=ST&f=1&t=17781
but it was closed. It was not an attempt to troll btw. So heres my retort.

1) Understaing how a peice of equipmemt functions, is properly maintained and the theories of how it functions, garness you the ability to appreciate it even more. It intoduces one to a system, a baseline for further improvement of the product. ie pnuematic solenoid instread of a regular 3 way. It introduces Furthermore an understanding of how to safely "tinker" with your gun. Iam aware that some people dont care about ther equipment, thats fine. Not knowing how to maitian your gun and having to rely on someone else to "fix" it, is the corolaary to this phrase. "give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, hell eat a for a lifetime".

2)Second i was not bragging, i was mereley stating a fact. [/I]I know more about cockers than some cocker owners.[I] I did not put anyone down, i did not call people names. Ya'll assumed i did, what does that tell you about yourself. Similarly, many of you know how to operate/service/maintaian a computer more than others. Other being, peopel who use a computers for a living and do not know how they function, yet their livelyhood is dependent on that computer. Iwas not putting anyone down for their ignorance. I was mereley commenting the lack of motivation to learn. Chance faover the prepared mind.

3)Nice of yall to ***-u-me i'm some pompous ******* that laughs at cocker owners. I will share my info with a fella whos gun is in disrepair, which is much more than many paintballers in general are willing to do these days.

4)to whom it may concern or apply: if your offended by that post get a life, ya knee jerk reactionaries.

5)Autographs start at $100 a peice. Autogarphed 8"x10" glossies $150

6)For those who defended me thanx .

Got_Paint
05-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Problem with owning a PPS gun is you get slapped by Glenn for trying to fix your own gun :p

Buff
05-10-2004, 08:33 PM
I bought a black magic a few weeks ago, the first day I used it it went down. I didn't have time to fool with it, so I played with my mag. Well, the next day I take it apart to figure out how it works. Took me about 2.5 hours to figure it all out and time it. The prob was the 3-way shaft was missing a set screw :mad:

If it had been my brother, he would have sent it back to WGP to get it fixed. SOme peope just dont have the initiative to figure out how it works. Heck, I know how to fix spyders better then an engineer who works for the navy who plays with us.

u should see how many people who dont even oil there guns, and then about a year after they bought their gun it dosn't work.

shivors
05-10-2004, 09:28 PM
u should see how many people who dont even oil there guns, and then about a year after they bought their gun it dosn't work.

Amen...I cant tell you how many springs I have clipped or jammed markers I have fixed.

I had the owners of my local field (http://chillipaintball.com) send a kid over to me with a "new" Spyder Xtra that wouldnt fire. Kid had been given the marker two weeks before as a birthday present and had played with it once. I had maybe 3 minutes before we started the next game. Stripped, cleaned, oiled, and tested before the next game and found some startling problems with this kids marker. He never oiled it out of the box and there was dried dirt between the bolt and body. On top of all that he had wood bits in his spring and pebbles lodged in his barrel in paint. In the end he played with it the rest of the day without any problems.

Turns out he dropped it in the mud and just wiped it off. <sigh>

Destructo6
05-10-2004, 11:43 PM
if you cant fix the gun, you shouldnt of gotten it....mkes perfect sense

Kind of a chicken or the egg problem, wouldn't you say? How do you learn how to fix it if you don't have one to fix?

I read the AGD manual prior to receiving my Automag, but no amount of reading and diagram study compares to hands-on. Things that had been fuzzy became crystal clear with the first disassembly.