PDA

View Full Version : Mag problem....quick help please!

djvelocitee
05-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi,
I have a standard automag with stock bolt "NO LVL10"
I was playing yesterday with a full 20oz tank and after about 50 shots i noticed a whole lot of condensation on the valve and my gun started acting up. When i would shoot the bolt would drive forward and release shot then blow back and stick like a LVL10 does when not installed properly. What is causing this? The cold co2 and warmer weather? If i shoot my marker in my room it soots 200 shots perfectly...the second im in the field it craps on me....would upgrading to nitro help out my consistancy?
Thanks

Dayspring
05-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Nitro will help out alot. You won't have the temperature problems associated with CO2, and it will help your consistency b/c it's always stored as a gas, not a liquid like CO2.

My question is, are you using an expansion chamber, anti-siphon tube or any other means to keep CO2 out of the valve or are you just running it straight into the valve?

Chronobreak
05-10-2004, 09:48 AM
yeah ide switch to nitro it wil fix that problem and if u are gona use co2 keep the tank facing up as much as possible and get an x-chamber or anti-siphon

68_Classic
05-10-2004, 10:32 AM
yeah ide switch to nitro it wil fix that problem and if u are gona use co2 keep the tank facing up as much as possible and get an x-chamber or anti-siphon

nitrogen will help u out alot and it won't feeze ur gun up like co2 in my opinion i think u should never use co2 on ne gun that will accept nitrogen

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
05-10-2004, 10:36 AM
I think that the previous two posters have good questions. We need to know more about your setup before we can diagnose the problem. I've had my mag for over 5 years and run CO2 on it the whole time. I don't have as many problems with it because I run a remote with a coiled hose. I would never run a mag with a CO2 bottle directly mounted on the gun. Give us some more details and maybe we can help. BTW, I am wiseing up and switching to HPA. :D