PDA

View Full Version : After 12 years.....

RobAGD
05-10-2004, 09:46 AM
I finally had a gun failure that caused me to not to be able to shoot my Emag at teh end of a game. I have been using AGD guns since 92 and this is the first time EVER that I could not at least shoot my gun at the end of a game.

I have broken off grip frames, bent rails into banana shapes and many other kinds of breakage but I was ALWAY able to at lest fire my gun.

Well at the Orlando Cup in a game VS Havoc the gun didnt just break it broke real good right after the start of the game. Gun Chronoed fine and fired about 10 shots at the start and died.

Fiddled with the M / E mode and thought maybe it was boly stick or broken main spring.

After the game, I get the valve out and I see the on off pin and sheared off and that the Clevis on the solenoid plunger was broken.

http://www.robagd.com/misc/broke-pin.jpg

and

http://www.robagd.com/misc/broken-clevis.jpg

Now as near as I can tell, the broken chunk of pin locked up my trigger from working in manual mode and the broken clevis. I have no idea how that happened, never have seen a failure like that but the on/off pin thing I have seen before. But it was all good in about 5 minutes with a few new parts.

Kind of a bummer to be honest

Oh well Crap happens then you step in it :D

-Robert

cphilip
05-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Amazing.... Darn hard to tell what happened there isn't it. But I suspect you just flat out wore the darn thing out Rob! I mean it took some steady use to finaly snap a main part like that.

I had one snap a On/OFF pin from my own stupidity and the little piece lodged like that and the thing would not fire. No way no how. Had to drive the valve out with a wooden dowl and a hammer and the little piece finaly let go. No other damage though. SS body thank goodness at the time. But it didn't mess any other thing up. Perhaps because it locked up without firing again. In your case it looks like it snapped and fired once or twice before it lodged and levered up the sear. Probably a good thing the circlip gave way.

hitech
05-10-2004, 12:10 PM
A friend of mine seared off the bottom of a MINIMAG on/off pin. You should have seen Tom's face when I showed it to him. :eek:

Halliday
05-10-2004, 12:20 PM
I've sheared off the on/off pin in my E-mag. In my 3 years using Mags it was the only time I had a major malfuntion that

1) I could not fix on the spot (no spare)
2) was not my own stupidity.

I have to agree with cphillip, I think you just wore the part out :)