PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mag is leaking air

emanjamin
05-10-2004, 01:00 PM
:confused:

Ok, I am trying to build a classic mag, from spare parts, in order to sell it for a little extra cash.
Well, I built the mag, but I am leaking down the barrel, I changed all the o-rings, and I also have a .215 spacer in there. I tried going up to a .225 but same problem.
When aired up, it has a small leak, then once I pull the trigger, IF it fully aired up, it would just say open and air just pours out of the marker.
I can't remember how to fix this.
Please help, Thanks!

Snowball
05-10-2004, 01:39 PM
check to make sure all of your o-rings are in good shape in your on/off..

pointm@n
05-10-2004, 01:51 PM
It sounds maybe that it is an On/Off problem. You said you changed out the o-rings so maybe the on/off pin is not up to spec. There is a sticky thread on the tech forum that has the on/off pin lengths.

If you pull and hold the trigger does the leak stop?

Chronobreak
05-10-2004, 02:00 PM
uhm get a daigram and make sure ya got all those parts

emanjamin
05-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Ok, I made sure all of the orings were there, everything else that needed to be there was there. I just dumped a bunch of oil down the thing and fired it up. I think it was the power tube oring, I shot it down the barrel, didn't know it and replaced it a second time and that one went up on the bolt as well. It works know, kinda. It started to shoot fine, but when aired up a couple of times later, it began to leak down the barrel, just a tiny bit. I can barely hear it but it is there. Also, when finally completing the setup, I aired it up again, and the bolt started to spit on its own. It wouldn't fully air up, the bolt moved back and forth, just a little, and made the put put put noise. Crazy. What is wrong with it now?

athomas
05-11-2004, 07:30 AM
Sounds like an on/off problem. Check your on/off o-rings, especially the top white teflon one.

emanjamin
05-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Well, nevermind, I have decided to sell it here as just the valve. As soon as I get the pictures of everything I need to sell, I will put it all up in the classifide section. It would be a great valve to use as a go-xvalve program.
I have an even worse valve that I plan on trading in later.