PDA

View Full Version : ULE Custom fires on it's own when I turn the air on????

EigerZ
05-10-2004, 02:37 PM
I havent' seen a thread about this so maybe it is an easy fix? - I have a:

ULE Custom
ULT
Intelliframe blade
CP Drop and on/off
PE 88ci 3000psi preset

I have owned my ULE RTP for about 2 weeks. I have spent hours tuning the lvl X and ULT. It is working great, but, sometimes when I apply air to the system (turn on the on/off) the gun will just fire by itself.

Does anyone else have this problem...how did you fix it.

What I have done so far.
* Tuned the lvl x - Using the larges carrier with o-ring that won't leak air.
* 2 lvl10 shims - I have no leaks and the bolt never sticks
* Tuned the ULT - I am using 4 shims. I like a little reactivity and this trigger is unbelievable. The pull is so lite...

The problem existed before I did this tuning and it still exists now. It does not happen every time but frequently enough to make me and those around me uncomfortable:)

Any input would be great.
Thanks all............

slade
05-10-2004, 03:29 PM
same thing happens with my gun. i remember seeing a thread a while ago where someone mentioned this, and they said that it is just something that x valves do. i dont think you can fix it, so just make sure your hoppers off when you gas up your marker.

RRfireblade
05-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Nothing you can really do about it.

Holding the trigger back when you air it up is your only option that may or may not stop it.

slade
05-10-2004, 04:27 PM
i decided to do some testing... i wouldnt recomend holding the trigger back... when i tried it and it shot 3 times and then started leaking out of the bolt. i found out that keeping the trigger rod forward when you gas it up keeps it from firing. i think the reason that this happens sometimes is that you might pull the trigger (pushing the trigger rod back) after the marker is degassed.

Flow_Tech
05-10-2004, 04:59 PM
i also had this problem,what i have found out is that most people when they turn there air off they shoot the gun to make sure there is no air inside,and what happens is that when you pull the trigger more then 1 time,it lets air back into the chamber,but not enough to move the bolt,so a simple solution is to just shoot the gun 1 time when degassing,instead of multiple times.i hope this helped. :D

RRfireblade
05-10-2004, 05:57 PM
i decided to do some testing... i wouldnt recomend holding the trigger back... when i tried it and it shot 3 times and then started leaking out of the bolt. i found out that keeping the trigger rod forward when you gas it up keeps it from firing. i think the reason that this happens sometimes is that you might pull the trigger (pushing the trigger rod back) after the marker is degassed.

If that is true for you then you have a problem/leak in your on/off assembly.

By holding the trigger back, you close the on/off assembly which does not allow the dump chamber to fill under gas up and makes it impossible to leak through the bolt until the trigger is released and the dump chamber is then allowed to pressurize.

Also,it is not technically possible to 'keep' the trigger rod forward prior to gas up as it's the pressure in the valve the actually sets the trigger rod to the forward position.

In either case,do whatever works best for you although it IS recommeneded by AGD to have the trigger pulled during gas up. ;)

slade
05-10-2004, 07:22 PM
my gun doesnt appear to have any leak, it works just fine... although i do see what you are saying with holding the trigger back. and i didnt mean "keep" as in use pliars, i just meant check it and make sure its forward, so the bolt wont move.

RRfireblade
05-10-2004, 07:28 PM
and i didnt mean "keep" as in use pliars, i just meant check it and make sure its forward, so the bolt wont move.

No I understand,I was just saying that it's difficult to be sure the sear IS all the way forward as it really won't stay there on it's own without air pressure.

But like I said, if you found something that works for you that's great,good work. :)