PDA

View Full Version : ----=====auto Mag Barrel Problems=====--------

id_oNe
10-06-2001, 09:47 PM
i have just recently bought an auto mag, and a dye barrel. i have seem to have gotten the barrel caught on the locking pin inside the gun and cannot (after repeated attempts) get it off. is there a trick to doing this???? please help me

ProjectMag
10-06-2001, 09:58 PM
Try taking the grip frame off, which will loosen the twist lock assembly from the barrel.

alf
10-06-2001, 10:05 PM
first time i put the barrel in (SP AA), i couldnt get it out...had to have a buddy pull the barrel, while i pulled the body...i usually put a lil lithium grease on the barrel o-rings now...that helps a bit

id_oNe
10-06-2001, 10:05 PM
thanks dood, youre a life sava

Army
10-06-2001, 10:11 PM
You may already know this: Twist the barrel 1/4 turn counter-clockwise and pull straight out. If this does not remove barrel, here's what you need to do;

1) Unscrew take-down screws and remove valve and body from rail. This will release the barrel from the twist-lock assembly.
2) Put a tiny drop of oil on the ball of the twist-lock and press it in a couple times with a pencil point. With the proper allen wrench, unscrew the set screw in the assembly one full turn only.
3) Re-assemble the gun, put a little bit of oil on the barrels O-rings and re-insert into the gun.

Check the fit, it should be easier to get the barrel in and out now, while still being tighly locked to the gun.
The barrel should take a little strength to pull out, but not so much that you need a buddy to help!

If it is still sticking, repeat the above, but with only a half turn on the set screw.

Good luck:cool:

id_oNe
10-06-2001, 10:24 PM
the locking pin was caught in the ball hole, but its fixed now, thanks guys