PDA

View Full Version : taking a response trigger out of a mag

Orion33
05-10-2004, 04:16 PM
im buying a classic mag this week with a reactive trigger stock...how easy are they take take out, cause on the 23rd theres a scenario game which doesnt allow reactive triggers or guns with anything electronic (besides hopper)

Chronobreak
05-10-2004, 04:23 PM
uhm classic mag with reactive trigger? im confused it had a rt valve or calsic valve with a different on/off or a trigger frame that claims to be rt? either way if its a classic valve its not realy gona be rt anyways and assuming u have a stock 68 on/of to replace it with u can swap em right out

Orion33
05-10-2004, 04:38 PM
nono

its called a classic mag rt or soemthing...the guy at the store doesnt know waht hes talking about

Automag Classic Powerfeed HL

Orion33
05-10-2004, 04:39 PM
thats quoted..the last part

Skoad
05-10-2004, 04:47 PM
There are "reactive" aftermarket on/off assemblies, so it could be one of those. You may need a new classic on/off.

Chronobreak
05-10-2004, 05:30 PM
yeah there was no classic w rt mod but there was the classic rt if your getting one of those sweet i loved mine and in its stock configuration it is legal so no point in swapping it out

Orion33
05-10-2004, 05:36 PM
well he calls it an "Automag Classic Powerfeed HL", it has a response trigger, and it is illegal for the scenario game...im wondering about taking out the response trigger just for the scenario game

Danman69
05-10-2004, 05:39 PM
There is no such thing as a response trigger for mags. The only thing it could be is an RT valve. Which is reactive trigger, not response. They are tourny legal because it is 1 shot 1 pull.

KRAKMT
05-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Can you describe what it looks like- does it have a bunch of circles in the body at the barrel? And is the body stainless? And does it have a silver hard line horizontal along the body?

Or is the body grey with no cosmetic holes in the front? And does the valve say RT on it?

From the description it could go either way. You can decrease reactivity on the rt valve by lowering the input or by changing the on/off.

The other possibility is the older double response triggers where they fired on the pull and the release but those are pretty rare.

well he calls it an "Automag Classic Powerfeed HL", it has a response trigger, and it is illegal for the scenario game...im wondering about taking out the response trigger just for the scenario game

Orion33
05-10-2004, 07:59 PM
i dont know..i dont have it yet..im buying it..it looks just like a classic mag..

but i saw the response under the trigger....

it also has a front grip on it...very thin and metal which is very close to teh trigger frame...im not sure if its stock or what it is

deathstalker
05-10-2004, 08:00 PM
There is no such thing as a response trigger for mags.
There sure is. It fires once on the pull, once on the release.

*EDIT*
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36285&item=3676542274&rd=1

No pic, but I'll try to find one.

Hexis
05-10-2004, 08:06 PM
If it's an auto response trigger frame on it, you will need a new trigger frame. I supposed you could modify it to be a normal trigger, but it would be non-trivial. Get an I-Frame or a stock CF frame if budget is an issue.

zacbot
05-10-2004, 08:23 PM
you arent talking about the little thing that is sticking otu that looks like the response trigger on a tippmann..that is just the rod connected to the sear..

Orion33
05-10-2004, 08:27 PM
no...its response

crap i might have to miss out on the scenario game

i already preregistered..

RobAGD
05-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Its its an Auto-Responce trigger its 2 shots per pull. There was a T block to lock out this function. They are neat to play with when you have an RT w/ Lvl10 you can get it rocking quick fast.

You best bet would be to get an I frame or a stock CF frame but hold on to the frame, if its in good working order its worth a fair ammount of $.

-Robert

zacbot
05-10-2004, 08:29 PM
well i dont know then..i know when i got my mag first thing i looked at was like..what..response trigger..but then i just realized that was part of the sear

Koosh
05-10-2004, 08:44 PM
does it look like this by chance?

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66011&stc=1

(ignore the wire coming out the bottom of it)

If it does, then thats an Auto Response frame, and what you'll need for it to be feild legal is a new sear assembly and grip frame. Any other gripframe would work.

ß.C.
05-10-2004, 09:39 PM
I got a feeling you're taking about the trigger rod. It's not response, it's suppose to be there. The ref at my field tried to convince me my mag had a response trigger because of this, but he was just ignorant and was judging too quick. If you think it's a response trigger just because there is a rod behind the trigger, then it is probably not responsive. ALL mech mags have this part and they are ALL tourney legal. It may be reactive, but without that autoresponse frame, or some freak "modification" it is NOT a response trigger.

Hexis
05-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Actually the Auto-Response trigger frames do not have a trigger rod. So if it has a trigger rod, it's normal and legal.

Lawrence TB Wright
05-11-2004, 11:41 PM
What's the name of the scenario game, BTW? And is it a national promoter or a local field one?

Orion33
05-12-2004, 12:35 PM
its called warriors in the woods...its the second senario game this year..its at a local field..but is being run and sponsored by a local paintball cmopany (Banshee Paintball)

its woodsball..and generally all woodsball scenario games around here have the same rules

Orion33
05-12-2004, 12:35 PM
http://nselite.unsta.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=0fda8c495d6064e54ca2de180520cb53

skife
05-12-2004, 01:41 PM
the autoresponse has a little pin to put in it to make it legal.

Recon by Fire
05-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Orion, quite worrying and just show up with your new mag. It looks like you are creating your own problem here :)

No electros at a game? WTF? Is this sponsored by Amish? LOL