PDA

View Full Version : Naming my paintball company

Lohman446
05-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Without getting into the specifics (cause they aer kinda vague and my accountant is still checking on them) I need a name for a paintball company, preferably one that is not used often: Help and I prefere one that is not used already. I am looking at the possibility of promoting on a competetive level (think Dale Earnhardt Inc).. or whatever DEI racing is. Thats the base theory, along with doing some dealing on the side.

Ones I liked and have basically discarded
Evolution Paintball - there is a team evolution in Florida - might still use this though
Revolution paintball - there is a field in PA
Great Lakes Paintball - field in Ohio
Mythic paintball - Used

And now my poor creativity is run out, so I tap the minds of AO.. help?

powerofthegospel
05-10-2004, 05:44 PM
How about "Beast Light Paintball" It keeps the feel of the midwest by using beast light (a.k.a. Milwaukee's Best light), but kind of has that intimidation factor with the whole "beast" thing. I guess the only drawback is that people will end up buying your product because they're either massively white trash or just want to get drunk... :(

Torbo
05-10-2004, 05:47 PM
haha "the beast" :D stay away from that stuff unless youre REALLY desperate. anyway, if i were you id do something cool with my name. In the way that DYE is dave youngblood enterprises. That way it wont sound overly gay/already be taken.

Xyxyll
05-10-2004, 05:57 PM
How about follow the trend, pick letters that acronize your username and add "Customs" or "Paintball" to the end. ;)

Lohman446
05-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Using my name in it is a last resort, there has got to be a cool name out there still unused, right?

TraXeR
05-10-2004, 06:02 PM
'Paintball store'.. it might just work.

Well, actually, how about a place that doesnt have paintball in the name. Look at Walmart, or Zellers, or Tim Hortons, none of those have actually sale items in the name. What about something like 'Mystic Anomaly' or 'Red Fuego'.

jarley77
05-10-2004, 06:05 PM
I like "Bunkered Paintball" or just "Bunkered"
seems like it is pretty unique.

FallNAngel
05-10-2004, 06:25 PM
The only thing that comes to mind off hand is "Fah-Q Paintball" ... somehow I don't see that as attracting customers to the sport or your business though. .. would funny to see on a sign though :D

steveo356
05-10-2004, 06:31 PM
hows about:
rippers
walkers
the 50
zoom paintball
who shot me paint ball
screamin eagle
comptech paintball
red alert paintball
newfaction paintball
... more later ive exhausted my brain n have no inspiration

kauai_paintball
05-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Whiplash paintball
Die paintball (heh)
stupid paintball
Badass paintball
thorn paintball
peanut paintball
macro paintball

Head knight of Ni
05-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Ballsonya paintball - keep the balls on the other guy. :D

chairman_mao
05-11-2004, 08:36 AM
How about "Money Shot"

Vanced
05-11-2004, 09:38 AM
You could jump on the "X" trend...

With something like "X-Pert" or "X-Sport"

or the ever so classic "Owned" or "Uber"

Hummm maybe ... "Paint-Ballistics" / "Paintball-Istics"

all copywrited by me in exchange for free stuff when your company is going .. LOL

shartley
05-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I am surprised no one asked a very simple question…. What does this company DO or make? You said it will be a paintball company, but that is so vague that it gives no real helpful information. Depending on what the company is focusing on (sales, products, type of products, etc.) it can help determine which direction you should go with branding.

Vanced
05-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Shartley,

From the sound of this...

I am looking at the possibility of promoting on a competetive level (think Dale Earnhardt Inc).. or whatever DEI racing is. Thats the base theory, along with doing some dealing on the side.

It looks like it is going to be mostly a promotions company ... put on events or sponser teams and some marketing and dealing probably T-shirts , logo'd gear etc... but that is my guess ??

shartley
05-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Shartley,

From the sound of this...

It looks like it is going to be mostly a promotions company ... put on events or sponser teams and some marketing and dealing probably T-shirts , logo'd gear etc... but that is my guess ??
I read it much differently… not that the COMPANY will be in “promotions” but that the company will be promoting at that level.

Vanced
05-11-2004, 10:05 AM
You very well might be right ...

Like so much in paintball it is a matter of opinion and point of view ...

Lord knows it wouldn't be the first or last time I have been or will be wrong...

Lohman446
05-11-2004, 11:46 AM
The purpose of the company is to promote players and build players (myself included) to a level of competing on a professional and profitable level. I see this as being a long term investment, and do not see profit for several years - my goal is to be profitable within five to ten years. This business is likely going to have verfiable losses in the near future, but even those have their own purpose.

magking1971
05-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Buy my crap, Inc. ?

Thourne
05-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Lohman in that case I think "Player's Promotion" or "Paintball Trainer," "The Farm: X-Treme Ballers" even "Paintball Agents" might sound cool. Anything along those lines might be more of your style. I do agree with whoever, that selling gear (shirts, caps, ect) will be your cash cow because investing in paintballers will not really make much money. Unless you are trying to make a company that loses money to get tax breaks for you ;)