PDA

View Full Version : The fastest pump

Lohman446
05-10-2004, 07:54 PM
So... we were playing at the field the other day and I was low on paint, I had my e-mag loaded up and ready to go but pulled out the Phantom...

So I was playing several games with the phantom and had bunkered several people, and then the teams got divided up.

I got on the side closest to the staging area and one of me teammates noted we were outgunned (bare in mind it was a small three on three game and the field not busy due to weather and mothers day). I sneak off the field and snag the e-mag, witout the other team noticing I have it and a pod in my back pocket.

My first few shots I make sure to take single shots - having slid into the snake off the break... then all of the sudden I let the thing open up, took out a cross field player, moved up using my own fire for cover and bunkered the player in front of me (took out in the process)...

I was talking to the other team afterwards... FUNNY :) One of them commented "I couldnt figure out who was in the snake with you, then I was like.. wiat a minute, thats a mag..." and he knew it was me of course.

kscullin
05-10-2004, 08:58 PM
That's pretty underhanded, but if your opponents didn't have any problem with it, that's cool. I'd have liked to seen their faces. :eek:

Lohman446
05-10-2004, 09:01 PM
My opponents were ok with it, there were few enough there that the day was... well "fun" rather than serious. Great fun when you can get a small group of the "regulars" at a field, and a couple experienced players who wandered in. And everyone was ok with it, and had a great laugh afterwards.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
05-10-2004, 10:29 PM
darn, i thought this was a thread on an actual pump marker that fired insanely fast!

lohman446, you just gave me my next paintballing idea!

SCpoloRicker
05-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Super High Output.

:confused: forget name of company, but someone made a "sniper" with hand operated cocker pneumatics. Not for sure on details, but heard could shoot 3-5 bps with autotrigger, at least.

Actually saw two stock players at local field this weekend. Cool.

Muzikman
05-10-2004, 11:38 PM
It's the Sniper SHO. It's made by AGDBrad at Paintball Maxx.

Fred
05-10-2004, 11:47 PM
while the SHO is fast... the pneu-assist Sterling that K&P Customs built is faster... and smoother...

Brad's SHO Judge will give it a run for its money... but the SHO jumps around so much... that oldstyle autotrigger lever needs improvement...

(the Chipley J2 pump also jumps around because of the lever autotrigger)

---Fred

RoadDawg
05-10-2004, 11:50 PM
There used to be a guy in my old local pro shop that had a Sniper III that had all those junk things. All it took was a tap and it'd do it's action. When he was in the back it sounded like a normal mech cocker (rate of fire wise) this was back in the late 90's (1999ish in WVC, UT)

Muzikman
05-11-2004, 11:55 AM
while the SHO is fast... the pneu-assist Sterling that K&P Customs built is faster... and smoother...

Brad's SHO Judge will give it a run for its money... but the SHO jumps around so much... that oldstyle autotrigger lever needs improvement...

(the Chipley J2 pump also jumps around because of the lever autotrigger)

---Fred

Hmm...a PA Sterling...I want!!!!!! But yes, the judge will rock...but my fear is that he will never finish it.

Shives
05-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Evryone was impressed at the speed of my MiniMag w/ a Retro Valve and a pump kit. Just a little tap on the pump to cock it, and a twitch on the trigger to fire. When I got a rythm going it would sing. Used it at SkyBall's first pump division. Had people wanting to make sure it really was a pump.

Shives

BradAGD
05-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Hey Muzik...you hear this one before
Judge .wav file (http://www.paintballmaxx.net/pics/judge1.wav)

I'm working on getting it done for either Shatnerball (if I can make it up there) or World Cup.

PA Sterling faster...pfftt. Just wait. Here come Da Judge.

68magOwner
05-11-2004, 02:39 PM
i did the same thing. except it was a splatmaster swapped for some kids 98c, just ran the tape and got everone, lots of laughs :p

coolcatpete
05-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey brad check your pm and please reply
Pete

BradAGD
05-11-2004, 09:25 PM
check your Pm's too!!