PDA

View Full Version : SCP last weekend. Special Thanks

SCpoloRicker
05-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I played at Santa Clara Paintball last weekend, and had a really positive experience. This was my first time playing in several years at a commercial field, and a couple guys went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

First off, big thanks to a gentlemen named Sid, and his son Peter. I, being the genius I am, locked my keys in my car, complete with case of paint and other gear. Sid used his AAA card to get a tow truck to open my car, and waited for the tow while I played. Many thanks, Sid.

Peter gets bonus points for playing on the day of his prom. Way to keep your priorities straight, dude (seriously…) :cool:

I had a great time, and felt pretty much at ease the whole day. Exception being first game, I bunkered someone pretty well in the snake. Went over the top, twice, having missed the first time. Ref seemed mad, and I never got to apologize to whomever received it (sorry bro). :(

Overall, decent day, just wanted to offer a special thanks to Sid and Pete for helping me out!

Ricker

ZAust
05-10-2004, 10:48 PM
sounds like a good time! i too am no stranger to locking my keys in my car at scp. maybe its something in the water down there?

SCpoloRicker
05-10-2004, 10:56 PM
seriously, the guy that helped me out said he sees the same tow company out there every weekend :rolleyes:

I still need to get an extra set made...

Carbon
05-11-2004, 12:59 AM
YO! another in the Norcal crew....

t33kyboy
05-11-2004, 08:39 AM
yeah i play at scp too, people there are real friendly. one guy at the break let me push off his foot! then i was shooting with this one guy and i chopped and he was like "hey man use my squeegee." then once they were selling pizza and there was only one slice left so the guy in front of me let me have it.... so nice.

but watch your equitment, theres always kids there that want to steal crap.

05-11-2004, 10:49 AM
I was there...

Z-man
05-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Yes Carbon! More for the NorCal crew! You know I don't know how SoCal is going to deal with the numbers we got up here. I think we as a group are planning to head to SCP sometime in the next month or so so perhpas you will join us.

EDIT: BAHHHHH!!!!

SCpoloRicker
05-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Interested, but not sure where ACP is...

Seems like a lot of Sacto guys... Anyone Bay Area??

Blennidae
05-11-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm guessing he ment SCP. Z-man is hyper like that. ;) I think there are more bay area AO'ers than there are Sac AO'ers.

Z-man
05-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Thanks Blenn. With my typing skills you would think I was some ignorant kid... wait.

Yeah I am down in the Carmel area along with Carbon. There are also quite a few people in the San Jose and SF area as well. Just pass by the Meet and Greet forum now and then as we meet up every month or so.

Also look into our annual NorCal vs SoCal AO Day!

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/NorCal_vs_SoCal/main.html

05-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Watched a bit of advanced, saw a group of Asian dudes with matching grey SP jerseys, Imps, and gear forming the base of one side.

Did you see me? I'm their friend but not on their team... I wasn't wearing any jerseys... and my 'trix apparently goes full auto almost all the time...

My trix : http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136316

devingoode
05-11-2004, 09:43 PM
SCP is awsome, i'm the guy that plays there w/ a ule mag and a fatty afro, although it looks really dumb with my dye mask

Steelrat
05-11-2004, 09:46 PM
127, your friends all have the adrenaline impys, right? Good guys, played a 3 man with em, they had great attitudes.

EDIT: Where are all you guys for our get-togethers? You don't know what you are missing out on.

05-11-2004, 09:51 PM
127, your friends all have the adrenaline impys, right? Good guys, played a 3 man with em, they had great attitudes.

EDIT: Where are all you guys for our get-togethers? You don't know what you are missing out on.

Their website : http://www.team5e.freeservers.com/

No.. not adrenalin imps... nasty imps (Murray) and such.. one guy (Dino) usually uses his mag (he owns a mag and a micromag).. and he's getting a 'borg!

Steelrat
05-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Yep, thats definately them, though I could have sworn they had the adrenalines. In fact, in their profiles, several are listed as having the adrenalines. Maybe they sold them? Anyways, good bunch of players. In the 3 man i was in, we had a 2 to 1 advantage in one game, and the 5.E guy took us both out. Nice.

ZAust
05-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Yep, thats definately them, though I could have sworn they had the adrenalines. In fact, in their profiles, several are listed as having the adrenalines. Maybe they sold them? Anyways, good bunch of players. In the 3 man i was in, we had a 2 to 1 advantage in one game, and the 5.E guy took us both out. Nice.

yeah, those guys were pretty cool. seemingly the only cool guys at that tourney. anywho, gimme a weekend a couple of weeks in advance and i would definately be down for a trip out to scp. i just have to order that freaking sera axle pin... :mad:

sps16
05-11-2004, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=ZAust] i too am no stranger to locking my keys in my car at scp. QUOTE]
haha i remember when you did that, we spent like an hour trying to reach back with a clothes hanger to catch them out of your trunk

05-12-2004, 09:50 AM
yeah, those guys were pretty cool. seemingly the only cool guys at that tourney. anywho, gimme a weekend a couple of weeks in advance and i would definately be down for a trip out to scp. i just have to order that freaking sera axle pin... :mad:

Well yeah, they're cool and mature... even if you hate SP (they're wearing SP jerseys + SP imps :P )

They'll be back playin' on SCP around.. hmmm one month again