PDA

View Full Version : HPA tank filling precautions

jwalker87
05-10-2004, 08:23 PM
First off, let me ask that no one say "you shouldn't be doing this because you need to be licensed." I know that. However, my friend's boss has allowed us unlimited free access to her 3000psi air compressor. That's free air, and there's a field right there, so this is heaven! I'm just asking what precautions I should take when filling them. THis is just a normal industrial compressor, so are there any fittings I need to buy? I know we should fill it slow and my tank is a 4500 so no need to worry about overfilling. I just don't want to kill myself. THanks.

Potatoboy
05-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Normal Industrial compressor will be bad, unless it has filters and condensers and outputs only clean breathable quality air.

Impurities in the output air will be blown right into your tank, tank reg, and marker. This is something you want to avoid.

So unless the compressor meets those standards, I'd shy away from it.

jwalker87
05-10-2004, 08:35 PM
what I meant by industrial compressor is that it isn't paintball specific or anything like that, meaning that it might not have the neccessary fittings. I'll check on what it is exactly though.