PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed hell

riooso
10-07-2001, 12:50 AM
I have been working and #@$% most of the day on my new Warp Feed from PTP. I ran a battery though it, and followed the direction in setting up the jumpers for the external sensor. I could not get that thing to reliably trigger no matter what I did. It would kinda work then not and the pot was not working as advertised. When I changed the jumper from the "+" to the "-" it worked great! Does this jumper set the circuit to trigger on the falling edge of the input? I have been reading for days and I am not the only one to have these problems. The external sensor is normally open and before the end of the day I added a micro-switch and paralleled it "normally open" with the sensor so that I will not have any problems, but something is amiss here. There is a dramatic difference in performance.

I REALLY LIKE THAT WAY THE WARP WORKS! Tomorrow is the first real day that it will be unleashed on my woods buddies, they will never see it coming.

Rio Oso

AGD
10-07-2001, 11:28 PM
Need more details, it could be that your sensor is in upside down and vibrates better one way than another. Try switching the wires.

AGD

riooso
10-08-2001, 06:45 AM
Oh I am sorry. I thought that by throwing out the possibility that people would try and change the jumper and thus help their problem. Here is the problem the way that I understand it not having access to the circuit board prints. The sensor is a normally open switch, on my unit, as measured by my ohmmeter. The input on the Warp board is biased high and when the sensor is activated causes the input to be grounded, or go low. There are numerous reasons why a designer would use an active low input but one
of the major ones is to help with noise immunity, false triggering. When the input goes low this would be a negative going waveform since it is going from positive to ground and would cause a trigger event as the voltage passes approximately 20% of the applied voltage. I have been reading numerous posts where people are have exactly the some problems that I had, pot does not work correctly and intermittant operation, and I can tell you by using the "-" triggering that my unit worked flawlessly yesterday.

Ohhhh! Woods ball went great. I am not going back to that bulbous thing above my gun again. One day is all it took for me to get used to it and I can tell you that I am hard on stuff. Phenomenal product that sells itself.

Sorry for the long post I would have gone into more detail but long posts don't get read and I would hate to see a good product diminished by the directions that were given to me.

Thanks,
Rio Oso