PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAHHHHHHH choices choices choices

gc82000
05-11-2004, 04:46 AM
OK here is my dilema there is the rare and almighty XMAG coming to Guam in the week or so. Should I get it or should I get an Angel 4 fly, that is coming around the same time.
A4fly or god of all mags the XMAG. Help me, please!!!!!

Loud Tim
05-11-2004, 05:00 AM
dude come on now
go with the x youll thank yourself in the end

TraXeR
05-11-2004, 12:13 PM
This is the first time I've recommended a non AGD gun to someone, but get the A4 Fly. It better on air, lighter, slimmer, easier to rip on, easier to tweak the trigger, more consistent, has bream meam eyes (correct me if im wrong). And gets far more shots to a battery, and uses a much lighter and small battery as well.

The Angel may not be be as reliable, but if you take care of it, it won't go down on you. I mean really, who treats their $1,200+ marker BADLY? Only a fool in my opinion.

Well... that didn't feel natural to me to recommend angel. But then again, make sure you can use both before you buy.

Cryer
05-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Personally, for the amount of money, I'd get the fly A4.

Xmags and Emags were discontinued partly because they are a very old design. I think Tom said 4 years old.

Basically, the Xmag has susch a steep price tag because of the intricate milling on the body.

If you definately want a mag, check into GA devils Devilmag. They have a new board with eyes similar to the fly.

Chris42050
05-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Yes TraXer the A4 Fly does have break beam eyes. If you got the money get the fly. The x-mag is an old design. Angels are updated each year. But GA Devils mag sounds kinda cool tho. Just like everyone always says. Try to shoot both if you can. Opinions are like Butt's, everyone has one and they all stink.

Mango
05-11-2004, 01:45 PM
A4 Fly! Absolute murder machine.

C_22
05-11-2004, 01:57 PM
A4 Fly. Fun to shoot, light and fast.

AGDlover
05-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Angels have a lot of BS you'll never use go with the xmag

No sKiLLz
05-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Angels have a lot of BS you'll never use go with the xmag

That's not a very good reason to avoid the Fly considering the price tag on the X-mag.

can'tthink of1
05-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Personally I would get an Xmag. The X-mag may have been an old design, but that doesn't matter at all. My tribal is at least 5 years old, and it still shoots just as straight as any other marker, and can rip too. I also like to have markers that aren't common and sets me apart from others. The trix is awesome no doubt, I love them too, I'd just rather have the X.

personman
05-11-2004, 04:13 PM
I would get the Xmag, but that's me. Its going to become a hard to find collectors item pretty soon, I think.

JimmyBeam
05-11-2004, 04:42 PM
dude, get the xmag, no wait.....the A4, no hold on, the xmag....doh i dunno dude thats a hard one

pointm@n
05-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Get the Xmag. You'll have the only Xmag in Guam! :D

Dude, I miss Guam. I used to live near the USO base there years and years ago.

Digits
05-11-2004, 05:54 PM
pfft I would take an alias or a dm4 over either of them

gc82000
05-11-2004, 06:09 PM
OK here is the thing with the A4 fly it is only about 1k while the XMAG is going to be 1350. See the difference. I am really leaning towards an XMAG but my pocket can only stretch so far. I went to the shop today and I am not the only guy looking at this gun. Ten other guys want the XMAG as well so it comes down to who has the cash off hand. The Xmag should be in no later then early next week. So unless I make a deal with the shop keeper I might not get it. :( starts to cry (not really)
But the fly yes is a little lighter, but it will not become a collectors item any time soon.

hAppy
05-11-2004, 06:16 PM
a4 fly is a good choice, but xmags are much more uncommon
i find angels to be newbie magnets "whoa is that an angel!??!?!", thats just me though, i prefer to go with something new, something that no one else really seen in person.

notcreative
05-11-2004, 06:18 PM
x mag forget what all the people said about the A4. How many x mags where made. it's rare you can always get the A4 later. this is a one time chance take the xmag. before it is gone ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

JimmyBeam
05-11-2004, 06:21 PM
OK here is the thing with the A4 fly it is only about 1k while the XMAG is going to be 1350.
really? you get em for 1k?? they are around 1300 i thought
1395.00 actually (http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-guns-wdp-paintball-guns-wdp-angel-4-fly-paintball-guns.html)

imstoiched!
05-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Hafa Adai! Lana gachong!

Lived in Guam for about 6 years. We lived in Piti village and went to Oceanview HS. I didn't know they had PB there. Whereabouts?

As far as a marker, I recommend a Viking (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136765) from AKA. It's low maintenance especially since you live way out there. Just be aware that AKA has stopped making this because of stupid SP but they will continue to repair and support them.

I have not shot an A4 yet but really liked the Speed. It shoots like the Viking but is more realistically priced for performance. A4 is a fully optioned Speed anyway.

Good luck in the search

Digits
05-11-2004, 07:20 PM
there is no way I would get the x-mag over the A4.. And I don't even like angels.. But come on a dm4 or an alias? These things shoot ropes..

Now I guess it depends.. I use to be the type that was like "oh i'll get a mag because no one has them" And I didn't like it.. It was a good gun.. But I could never get it working reliably with the hyperframe..

Now if your only going to be playing some tourny's but not super seriouse, then I would get an x-mag.. Just because it is fairly rare..

But if your playing to win tourny's I would get the angel.. Or one of my other two pics !! Mags are cool and all.. But i've never seen one truly rip.. Even with the 4.0 software (yes I seen the vid) and although it was fairly fast.. It wasn't that great IMO..

PS.. Why are you stuck on those 2 guns.. xmags are pimp and all but are they really worth the price? You can get a way faster, more efficient gun for less.

zacbot
05-11-2004, 07:22 PM
maybe im just biased but id go with the xmag..of course

the larch
05-11-2004, 08:56 PM
compare the price of fixing it if something goes wrong. Compare the ease of finding out what went wrong. Compare the resources you have to troubleshoot problems and tweak the marker for performance....get the xmag

coolcatpete
05-11-2004, 09:11 PM
A4 fly is really sick so just get that.
pete

gc82000
05-11-2004, 09:49 PM
WOW :eek: I got digits to reply to my thread I am truly honored :D .
Now I have shot the regular A4, but not the Fly, and got up to 27 bps (not bs, bps :D ) and was recieving great reactions to it when I played with it. But the entire reason that I want the Xmag is because it is so rare, I guess the way it shoots will be the deciding factor.

gc82000
05-23-2004, 07:27 PM
I am resurrecting this thread. I am a soccer coach at a local high school here on Guam and we just won the Championship, and that means a $bonus$. So my choices still remain Xmag or a4. And new developements have come into play one of the local shop owners is selling his A4 for only 850 and the Xmag is now 1300. So the difference is now 450. So now I am really leaning on the A4. But the A4 is not a Fly and the A4 fly that I was looking at was sold ealry last week, Some newb bought it after i wa done looking at it. Idiot dropped it on concrete leaving the store, really he dropped it. :mad: So if I get the A4 i can upgrade it more quickly (barrel system, drop, tank, etc), but the Xmag would deplete my bonus and cash in one fell swoop. man I am poor :(