PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for a new barrel...got a pic of my gun

OrbiTiZZeD
10-07-2001, 01:09 AM
im lookin for a new barrel cuz the one i have know curves a lot and im sick of it cuz my mag works great! right now i have the barrel with the V shape at the end, the guy who sold the gun to me came with that barrel. i was thinking about getting the 32 degrees carbon fiber 16 inch barrel at 888paintball.com .suggestions would be great cuz i dont know much about good barrels. Oh yea, i use marballizer paint. heres my gun...sorry for the bad detail i took it with my web cam thing about 2 minutes ago on my t-shirt!

MajorDamage
10-07-2001, 03:22 PM
Ok, for marbalizer I would use a J&J cermaic. Marbs are small bore, and my J&J is pretty much a perfect match. I have a Carbon Fiber and its my favorite, but its a medium bore, not to good for marbs. And I wouldnt get a 16 inch, because Tom Kaye said that with a Mag a 8 or 10 inch is about all you need. So Id go with a 10" or 12" barrel. hope this helps.

ENDO!

OrbiTiZZeD
10-07-2001, 03:46 PM
ok i think im gonna go with the carbon fiber... it doesnt really matter to me what paintballs i use, i just dont like cheap crappy ones. What paintballs would work best in the 32 Degrees Carbon Fiber barrel? You said that barrel is medium bore? How do I find out what bore paintballs are? Thx for the help

pumpamatic
10-07-2001, 05:22 PM
I use Diablo Blaze in my carbon fiber. They're worth a try.

a_malfunction
10-07-2001, 10:25 PM
The carbon fiber is a nice barrel. I played with my buddies the other day.... very accurate and quiet.... we were shooting diablo balls

MajorDamage
10-08-2001, 01:03 AM
Ok, blaze is a smaller bore, which will not work to well in the carbon fiber(They can swell up though, like any other paintballs, and become a bigger ball) but in a carbon fiber Team Colors and First Choice are good matches. This is just some of the brands IVE used and I know that works. PMI and 32 Degrees Players Packs are a little to big, but will work. How to test the paint to see if its a good match, is to put the ball in the barrel where the paint loads in, for a mag push the ball just passed the nubbin, then cover the holes(nubbin holes, and hole for a paintball to load in from the breach) with your hands. Now blow in the barrel from the back end and If its to small, it will shoot out really easy. if its to big it will be really hard to blow out and will probably require a squeegee to get out. If its the right size you will want a little bit of resistance and for it to shoot out nice. Saturday me and a guy on my team were having a fight like this. We would use them as blowguns and shoot them at each other in the staging area. I was shooting out marbs from my J&J ceraic and they were going pretty far and hard(For a blowgun kind of thing!)! It was fun. He was shooting some paint from his boomer which was also a nice bore match because it was actually shooting kind of far. You could test it that way to, But I usually cover the tip of the barrel with my hand so I can catch the paintball and still use it. Just make sure you push the ball past the nubbin, and not to far as to where it goes into the second stage of the barrel(past the silver base) or it will seem too small because the barrel gets bigger at the front. Getting the right bore match will make your paint shoot farther, and straighter than if you used paint that was not the right size for the barrel. The good thing about the carbon fiber is that it is a smaller medium bore, which will work "ok" with basically all paints if you need to, because it is pretty much in the middle of the bore sizes. It wont shoot great with to big or small of a ball, but it will do alright if it needs to. Ive rambled on long enough, any more questions just ask, or you can email me. Hope this helps.

ENDO!

PsychoMag
10-08-2001, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
Ok, for marbalizer I would use a J&J cermaic. Marbs are small bore, and my J&J is pretty much a perfect match

LOL...On my JJ, I cant shoot marbs, cuz they roll out the barrel...LOL...for marbs, I shoot a DYE SS...My fav though is my 12" AA's (since I have 2 of them :) )

PAINTBALLA01
10-08-2001, 06:55 AM
i'd say the perfect barrel is the armson stealth 13" and you use prem. gold paint straight as a bullet

dansim
10-08-2001, 08:21 AM
smart parts all american teardrop.

MajorDamage
10-08-2001, 10:57 AM
Ive been told there are two diffrent sizes of J&J ceramic. A medium and a small bore. At first I thought I had a medium bore one, but I was wrong cuz its small. I was told you dont know what size you will get that they just come in two diffrent sizes and you just get shipped what you get shipped! So I guess you have a medium bore.

ENDO!

OrbiTiZZeD
10-08-2001, 02:04 PM
ok i think im gonna buy a case of 32 Degrees Team Colors paintballs, i hope those work good with the carbon fiber! they are about $50 for a case at 888paintball ,is a case of them 1000 or 2000? it doesnt say at the site.

Bigzamboni
10-08-2001, 02:13 PM
Pretty sure it is 2000. THat is about the right price. Plus, I've never heard of a 1000 round case of team colors.

MajorDamage
10-08-2001, 02:29 PM
Yep, Team Colors are <B>2000</B>, and are a nice bore match. Although the last case I got from 888 was a little larger than the stuff I recently bought, if it is a little larger, it will just be the next bore size up. I guess they go from between .687 and .689 so it should work pretty well. Team Colors are my favorites!

ENDO!

Bigzamboni
10-08-2001, 03:14 PM
Major, you mean 2,000 don't you? Or is it really $50 for 1,000? If it is... You can get it for a much better price... 2,000 for about the same.

MajorDamage
10-08-2001, 03:18 PM
Yes I mean 2000! Dang me! I messed up!

ENDO!

Temo Vryce
10-08-2001, 04:54 PM
The best thing to do is find out what bore size the paint you prefer to use is. Then you can request a barrel with that bore size. I believe that all manufactures make thier barrels in varying bore sizes for just this purpose. Or you can spend a little more and purchase a Freak set and be able to shoot what ever paint you like. If you have the money go for the freak it's the best on the market.