PDA

View Full Version : HALO TSA LCD vs. dark shell paint

Sputnik
05-11-2004, 04:23 PM
I've done a search and picked up a few tidbits of info. So, the HALO eye doesn't reflect well off of dark shell paint.

Does this issue plague the lower-end HALO TSA LCDs also? I just ordered one and didn't pick up on this info until now. I play mostly woodsball and therefore can pick whatever paint I want, but, just something to be aware of I guess.

Thanks for any info!

Tack
05-11-2004, 04:34 PM
The TSA is Tilt Sound Activated so there is no eyes to be fooled by dark shelled paint. I have a smoke TSA LCD and love it. If I am upright shooting, I can out shoot it if I'm not careful, however I have had mine almost compleatly sideways and it still feeds.

WenULiVeUdiE
05-11-2004, 06:26 PM
The TSA is sound activated.

Last time I played with it, it hated me. The battery cover fell off every shot, had to use a spare arm band to keep it on. The feed neck almost broke. I have the worst luck when I talk about it the day before playing.

Sputnik
05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the reply to my [now] silly question! I knew it was sound activated, but, I never even thought that through to mean that the audible cue replaces the visual cue for the hopper.

Duh!

Thanks for the info! Hopefully I'll have better luck than the above poster. I just know that my old 9v Revy had its lapses last time I played.

WenULiVeUdiE
05-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Im sure you will. I jinx myself everytime I say something about my gear. Its a great hopper, just a little heavier than I'd like.

SpecialBlend2786
05-12-2004, 01:48 AM
Personally I'd rather go with a Reloader rather than a TSA. I've heard of a couple people having problems with the TSA's, plus the Reloader is cheaper, and is also sound activated. I believe that the impeller is also of a better design.

Head knight of Ni
05-12-2004, 07:58 AM
I love my reloader A. A lot stronger than a revy and IMO nicer feeling.

Tack
05-12-2004, 02:35 PM
I have both and like them both. I think the Reloader feeds a bit faster in straight up shooting but whatn sold me on the TSA was the Tilt sensor. When you can roll out of a bunker or from behind a tree and shoot with your gun almost sideways and still get balls to feed it is a big plus.

Skoad
05-12-2004, 02:46 PM
My friend has a TSA and I'm not too fond of it. It doesn't feed consistantly, it'll do 5 balls real fast then there seems to be gaps.

SpecialBlend2786
05-12-2004, 05:56 PM
My friend has a TSA and I'm not too fond of it. It doesn't feed consistantly, it'll do 5 balls real fast then there seems to be gaps.

Yep, that's what people have been telling me too.