PDA

View Full Version : Automag VS E-mag

MJS1214
10-07-2001, 08:09 AM
Realizing that the E-mag is a very good gun,i would buy it immediately if it wasnt for the price.Unfortunately i do not have an automag which is why this is a debate. Which should i go with?The automag which is lesser in price so i can buy sooner or the E-mag which,well,i dont wanna type out my love for that gun.

DarkPhoenix
10-07-2001, 08:35 AM
I, personally, would go and buy a regular 68Automag first. As time goes buy and money is saved, and if the option is still available, convert the gun to an E-mag. I had a RT Pro, I sent it in for the conversion to an E-mag. If you have the money, I would recommend you try and get a RT Pro. There are alot of options out there, look at them all and see what is the best for you. Try to get a new gun, or a used one that was taken very good care of.

tooslow
10-07-2001, 08:43 AM
I agree with DarkPhoenix. Go for the Automag.

Also, look at it this way, you can buy an automag now and spend your free time playing paintball, or while your'e saving up for an eMag you can spend your free time reading about paintball....... I know a lot of people who can't afford to play anymore because they are saving up for a new gun.

Hope this helps with your decision

toymyster
10-07-2001, 08:58 AM
He's right! If you can't afford an E-mag, get a classic mag ar an RT, then you can take it from there as finances allow!!! If you are getting the classic, make sure you opt for the powerfeed version!!!

FeelTheRT
10-07-2001, 10:00 AM
Automags and Emags are miles apart in my prespective. If you want a phat electro, and not so expensive, an Intimidator or Matrix would be a great option. They both have extremely light trigger pulls and are able to sustain high rates of fire with out chopping: Matrix-LP, Timmy-ACE.

MJS1214
10-07-2001, 01:09 PM
Ok can you guys tell me if this sound reasonable?

I can get an Automag Classic Powerfeed with Bottom Line Kit,DYE SS barrel,12vl Revolution Loader,AGD 68ci 3000psi Flatline Tank,and KAPP Foregrip for about $700.00 from a person i know(not sure i he wants his name mentioned)all new and ill probably get it if you think its reasonable(i do)

Mr. -RushY-
10-07-2001, 02:31 PM
Wow 700, don't go for that deal. As soon as you buy it everything is going to be worth about 500. Shop online for a used gun.

Websites to go to:
www.automags.org the classified section here

www.pbnation.com the semi auto buy/trade forum

www.paintballdojo.com you need to sign up for this to view posts, but sign up for the free membership and go to the semi auto gun forum

www.pbreview.com go to the Buy/Trade forums

http://www.pbubb.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=2

http://www.completepaintball.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?forumid=9

all these sites are free and have some very good deals. I got a Micr0Mag RT and a 68/3000 nitro duck tank for $450 shipped acrost the country

ralicea
10-07-2001, 03:32 PM
I would save and get the EMag...specially if your getting ready to spend $700! Trust me, save the money...it will be worth the wait ;)

udtseal
10-07-2001, 08:21 PM
It depends how fast you can save the money. Personally, I hate waiting. But, it also depends on your current finanace situation. I would recommend you get a Minimag or an Automag and trick it out nice. Play with that for a few years and then save and get an E-mag later. Our guns have excellent resale value and they last forever. That way you will have a really nice backup gun later. Thats what I did. :) Good luck, both guns are sweet so its a win win situation for you. Dont get overly greedy...:cool:

Mr. -RushY-
10-07-2001, 08:58 PM
I can't say this enough, buy used. You can buy a used e-mag for like 800

Deadeye
10-07-2001, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by tooslow
I agree with DarkPhoenix. Go for the Automag.

Also, look at it this way, you can buy an automag now and spend your free time playing paintball, or while your'e saving up for an eMag you can spend your free time reading about paintball....... I know a lot of people who can't afford to play anymore because they are saving up for a new gun.

Hope this helps with your decision

Tooslow and DarkPhoenix is right. If this is your first mag buy, go Automag first. Get a feel and use for the Mag before deciding to go Electro.

Despite the single major difference between the EMag and the Automag, they both are more or less similar. After using the Automag and getting to know it's internals and unique style;), then, if you can afford it and want to, upgrade and go Electro.

Don't go spending too much on a marker and then finding out you don't care for it. IMHO.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the Mag family. Always painting the competition!