PDA

View Full Version : 15 hours 26 minutes and 15 seconds. wait 14 seconds.. wait..

kosmo
05-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Thats all Ive got left in Korea. Finally! It rather bugs me serving in the military in Korea and I cant get on ao forums because they block them, meanwhile they can be accessed by soldiers in Iraq and Turkey. Seems rather odd to me. I tried to get around it Proxy style through the google translator, at which point they promptly blocked the google translator, which again seems odd as we are in a foreign country and it is a useful tool. Im on some Korean guys computer right now using a keyboard with Korean on it, so Im glad I remembered qwerty. And as far as playing paintball here goes, well it almost doesnt. I had the good fortune of participating in a 30 team tournament for Area 3, which encompasses the vast majority of the country south of Seoul. Only 5 teams entered. They wouldnt even let me use my Autococker that I bought from irbodden last summer, because they thought autococker meant it was fully auto. I demonstrated to them how the marker functioned, at which point they said I couldnt use it because it could be over velocity, though they had a chronograph right there. They said it would be easier for me to cheat and raise the velocity on my own gun. Go army... Through all of that, we managed to qualify for the EUSA tournament, which is all GIs in Korea. But then they scheduled it for next week, again sigh. Got my orders to Ft Drum, NY, and Ill probably even have the luxury of 6 or 7 months in country before getting deployed, so Ill be able to play again! Anyone in Upstate NY who knows of any good fields in the area, I would be much obliged if youd share the info. Well its just good to see the forums again, even as much as theyve changed. I look forward to being a regular on here again, even if only for a few months, and I especially look forward to playing again.

Rock on,
SPC Hendel

Oh yeah I forgot. Some jerkhole stole my neon green AP voodoo jersey out of the drier last week. Ive had that thing for years, it was my favorite shirt for crying out loud. Sometimes I just really hate people.

Chronobreak
05-12-2004, 11:42 AM
i cant belive they wouldnt let you use a cocker basicaly b/c of its name...what if u would have had an automag would they have said that it was automatic too? anyways glad to see you did good anyways

Torbo
05-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Headrush paintball (http://Headrushpaintball.com)

^^^ thats where you want to play. Its in syracuse.

kevdupuis
05-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Cool, you're a couple of hours away for EMR, near New Milford PA. Then there's Skirmish a little further in.
Also you're close To Canada and could hit a few fields from Kingston to Ottawa is you're so inclined.

FallNAngel
05-12-2004, 04:16 PM
pfft... if a proxy is what you need you should've spoken up... I could've gotten you scads of proxies no problem.

sharpshooter1286
05-12-2004, 07:07 PM
this might be an odd question, but do u know a guy named maloney?

Big_Chops
05-12-2004, 08:18 PM
congrats on getting out! lucky you. my friend still has 6 more months in south korea. :(

kosmo
05-14-2004, 01:00 PM
I dont know a Maloney, I think. Wheres he at? Might have met him. Hes not an MP is he... those people are evil.

sharpshooter1286
05-15-2004, 10:54 AM
hes in the demilitarized zone, might be an MP, but hes def not evil. he just visited seoul last weekend to bring around some veterans.

68Classic
05-15-2004, 10:32 PM
I can see why they wouldnt let him use his AUTOcocker. I tell people I have an automag and the first thing they ask me is if it is automatic...