PDA

View Full Version : Havin Trouble With My Minimag...Please Help

Miniimagg
05-12-2004, 05:13 PM
I have an N2 tank on my gun and it shoots fine untill when i get to about 1000 psi my mag just starts going crazy and it dosent shoot right. The balls go a little way and drop. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem ever and if there is a way i can fix this. Thanks :)

pointm@n
05-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Do you have Level 10 installed? Sounds like you do because these are symptoms of running low on air. Mags with level 10 will start showing signs of running out of air around 1000 PSI. Get your tank refilled and you'll be ok.

July

Sputnik
05-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Do you have Level 10 installed? Sounds like you do because these are symptoms of running low on air. Mags with level 10 will start showing signs of running out of air around 1000 PSI. Get your tank refilled and you'll be ok.

July

Right on. As much as you hate it, only 2/3 of your air is usable because the LevelX requires such a high input pressure.

Miniimagg
05-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Yah i've heard that but i dont have a lvl 10 or an x-valve installed on my gun

ZapTheMad
05-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Perhaps your gauge is not reading the tank pressure correctly. It sounds like you are just running out of air.

Miniimagg
05-13-2004, 06:34 PM
my one friend suggested that but i can keep shootin my gun till it gets to 0 psi and it actually shoots it just isnt very strong so i just think there isnt really any problem. Thanks for answering my question though

mobius
05-13-2004, 07:11 PM
If the gun will actually fire (albeit at lower velocity) all the way down to 0 psi, then your guage is definitely wrong. Your 'Mag bolt needs an input pressure of aroung 750 psi to function at all. Anything less than that, and the gun will not fire. Period. And velocity drop will only happen on the last several shots before you run out of air.

Miniimagg
05-13-2004, 07:52 PM
If the gun will actually fire (albeit at lower velocity) all the way down to 0 psi, then your guage is definitely wrong. Your 'Mag bolt needs an input pressure of aroung 750 psi to function at all. Anything less than that, and the gun will not fire. Period. And velocity drop will only happen on the last several shots before you run out of air.
Well my gun fires perfectly with no problems at about 280 on a chrono because thats what my local park requires it to be atbut other wise its fine until it gets to 1000 psi and im gonna sound like a major newb so say what you want. But if my bolt is getting enough air than how would i get it to 750psi and i didnt get a owners manual because i bought it as my second gun off my cousin and he didnt have it :o