PDA

View Full Version : bushy help

The Action Figure
05-13-2004, 06:45 AM
ummmm. I got a used bushmaster and is it a problem the when I pull the bolt back it doesnt stay. how does the cocking system work? one of the wires popped out but I fixed it is that common? do I have to fill the tank to cock it?

help me

Timmee
05-13-2004, 07:14 AM
ummmm. I got a used bushmaster and is it a problem the when I pull the bolt back it doesnt stay. how does the cocking system work? one of the wires popped out but I fixed it is that common? do I have to fill the tank to cock it?

help me

Is your Bushy aired up? If it isn't, then the bolt staying forward is normal, because there is a small spring inside the ram (to help get rid of FSDO, I'm told). If your marker is aired up though, your LPR might be turned too low. Assuming it's functioning correctly though, the bolt will come back once you air the marker up.

As far as the wiring situation, that's the weak link of the Bushy line of markers. The wire is too thin to handle much stress (the only reason I can see for ICD using this thin of wire, is to retain flexibility is the harness). Try the vapor harness when/if yours starts giving you major problems. Not only does it use thicker, stronger wire, it has some strain relief at the connector (in the form of hot glue), a high intensity LED (for looks), and a lighter microswitch. All of this for only a few dollars more than the stock harness from ICD.

speedyejl
05-13-2004, 07:17 AM
As far as the wiring situation, that's the weak link of the Bushy line of markers. The wire is too thin to handle much stress

I don't want to think about how many wires I've pulled from switches, etc from Bushies and BKOs, and then had to painfully resoder.

The Action Figure
05-13-2004, 08:02 AM
thanks guys the marker is not aired up