PDA

View Full Version : Am I obsolete?

slayer
05-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Hello Everyone, especially old friends!

Hi I have one of the original emags and original warp feeds. I think it is only an l9, and I have agd 68ci 3000psi tank. My gun still takes automag threaded barrels.

I know my tank needs to be hydroed, and I am leaving for Austria in under 2 months so I do not think I have enough time to get everything put in order.

Also whats this I hear about circuit boards allowing us to shoot over 16bps and crazy rates of fire.

Lastly, can I even bring my "marker" to Europe or is the airline or EU nation going to have a fit.

Thanks,
Franco

-=Squid=-
05-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Not obsolete, but definitely out of the loop, thats for sure.

You definitely need to get your tank rehydroed, most fields wont allow you to use it unless its in hydro.

I dont believe there was a lvl9, you would have lvl7. You definitely need to get a level 10 bolt kit, it makes all the difference in the world. A Cocker threaded ULE body is also nice.

16 bps is nothing nowadays... people are exceeding 20bps with WAS boards (or similar boards) and halo B's... 16 bps is really considered average by todays standards. New board upgrades haVe been made available for the emag to up its rate of fire in those levels, but to actually attain that speed you need a fast hopper, such as the halo b.

As for the airlines, the best way to find out is to call them and check there policy.

Chojin Man
05-13-2004, 01:16 PM
As far as the rof goes you can send your gun to AGD to get the newer software. Which should increase it. You can also get a Morlock board. I think Doc still sells them. From what I hear the Morlock is not an easy install. Doc could prolly install it for you too.

slayer
05-13-2004, 01:17 PM
One more question, I remember a long time ago that manufacturers tried to make an agreement so that the rof is limited for safety reasons? I guess that idea went out the window.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Halliday
05-13-2004, 02:12 PM
One more question, I remember a long time ago that manufacturers tried to make an agreement so that the rof is limited for safety reasons? I guess that idea went out the window.

Thank you for the speedy reply.
Safety? That's for squares. The people that play safe don't even wipe or play on!

skife
05-13-2004, 02:50 PM
i believe the cap is a gun had to have a ROF lower than 13bps
i think this is why the old bushmasters were capped at 12.9 bps

ShooterJM
05-13-2004, 03:05 PM
The cap was blown out of the water before the ink was dry. Definately call the airlines. At denver's airport they have a glass case of unallowable objects that have been confiscated by the airport. There's at least 3-4 really nice air systems in there... :(

tyrion2323
05-13-2004, 03:08 PM
No way - you're definitely not outdated!

Your eMag can be easily upgraded by sending it in to AirGun Designs for a software update. I believe that they're updating it to v3.2

Now, you probably have an eValve. It's fine, and unless you're having problems with it, it's a great valve. I would really recommend a few upgrades if you'd like to get your rig back to modern-standards:

-=EMAG=-
Level-10 Bolt ($65)
Warped ULE Body ($129-$150)
Logic LT-3 Blade Trigger ($40)
Kaner Barrel Kit ($129)

-=OTHER=-
New hopper (your choice)
Re-Hydro Tank

elpimpo
05-13-2004, 05:23 PM
and halo B's... 16 bps is really considered average by todays standards. .

umm the halo b is at 22 and with the victory board its at 35

spadge67
05-13-2004, 06:20 PM
yeah, now you can buy a 100 dollar spyder that shoots about 14 out of the box...

Trunnion
05-13-2004, 06:24 PM
well, if you'd rather have a blender than a spyder, go for it :D