PDA

View Full Version : Disconnecting macro line?

PyRo
05-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Am I missing somthing there, its push the thing in and pull the line out right? This connector looks a little differant that others ive seen, but apears to work the same way yet the line isn't comming out.

BYERSMAG
05-13-2004, 01:59 PM
is the macro on your mag?

PyRo
05-13-2004, 02:04 PM
is the macro on your mag?
Wat does tat have to do with anything? and yes

ZapTheMad
05-13-2004, 02:07 PM
The little clip probly just wore into the line. Yank harder.

PyRo
05-13-2004, 02:09 PM
I cannot yank any harder, the damn thing is on there.

PyRo
05-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Got the fudger, some vice grips and a screwdriver for leverage. How the hell was it in there that tight.

BYERSMAG
05-13-2004, 02:16 PM
well i don't know what yourset up is but macroline can still hold pressure after the gun is degased due to the valve/lvl x , are the fittings still expanded like the marker is gassed up? what i do after i turn my tank off is use a pen to press in on the bolt and the excess pressure bleeds off and the marco will then disconnect.

PyRo
05-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Trust me it was degassed :)

Tunaman
05-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Trust me it was degassed :)
Push the line IN...then push the ring IN while pulling on the macro. Make SURE it goes ALL the way back in...you will here it snap in when its all the way in.

Hellaspaint
05-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Push the ring in, hold it and rotate the Macro hose a little bit, then try to take it out. If not rotate the hose again. Good luck

marfish
05-16-2004, 01:10 AM
Had the same problem last week. I had bought several 90's and three looked different(better). They didn't have the same big gap in the ring when gassed up. The store mechanic said they were more secure(that's for sure!:)) I used a small wrench to catch the ring and hold it in while pulling the hose(like I was going to use the wrench to twist off the hose but pressed against the fitting instead.). It took way too much work. Also I had some mad leaking problems from those(better) fittings. I took them back and the store mechanic worked for a half hour on the one and finally broke it, scratched his head, claimed they were supposed to be better and promptly gave me the older style that always worked great.