PDA

View Full Version : problem (i dont know what)

Orion33
05-13-2004, 08:14 PM
i just got a minimag and know nothing about it..its used..it was shooting fine before..but i took apart the bolt and regulator assembally..just to look at it..and when i put it back on..if i shoot the gun its really weak and low sounding, and its doing that "sprinkler" thing if i hold the trigger in...but i dont know which oring to look at...is it the very small one on the brass part...the diagrams look nothing like what i see inside the gun

Orion33
05-13-2004, 08:17 PM
actually the problem with it seeming to shoot really weak was teh velocity (lol)

but im still having that sprinkler sound if i hold the trigger in...

the gun also came with like 80 o-rings all different sizes...its seems all complicated compared to my old 98 custom...im bringing it into the shop on saturday anyway...but i was wondering if there was anything i could do here

dave_p
05-14-2004, 07:27 PM
clean/oil/replace all the orings in the on/off assembly. the culprit is either the inner on/off oring all the way past the top, or the inside ring on the on/off bottom. maybe you just got some dirt in there. try dissasembling, cleaning, oiling and reassembling it and see how you do. if that doesnt work and you have a lot of orings, just redo the entire on/off.

athomas
05-14-2004, 08:06 PM
The lawn sprinkler effect is usually caused by dirt or damage to the top middle white teflon o-ring.

Orion33
05-14-2004, 10:02 PM
its a new bolt..the gun came with the new bolt and the old one...i changed the o-ring on the copper part u unscrew with the copper spring behind it..cause the old one looked pretty worn out and it was all dark coloured...i havnt had a chance to test it since tho

rmhawk
05-14-2004, 11:11 PM
its a new bolt..the gun came with the new bolt and the old one...i changed the o-ring on the copper part u unscrew with the copper spring behind it..cause the old one looked pretty worn out and it was all dark coloured...i havnt had a chance to test it since tho

What copper spring? If were still talking about the "sprinkler" problem, I would have to agree and say it's the on/off.

Dayspring
05-14-2004, 11:36 PM
The copper spring is what they used before the spacers in the level 7 guns.

P8ntBallBoom
05-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Getting a level 10 and a ULT would probably solve all of these problems, lol.
Just replace the on/off orings and clean then entire on/off assembly out.

Don't worry, mags seem complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine. Personally, my having problems with my gun and havign to fix the problem taught me more about the gun and valve than anything.

Orion33
05-15-2004, 12:01 AM
lol i dont even kno how to get to the on off valve..would u take the velocity screw out and go that way..or from the front

Orion33
05-15-2004, 12:07 AM
is it the little thing that screws down sorta in the top of the bolt

rmhawk
05-15-2004, 12:50 AM
you may want to look through the valve exploded view

http://www.airgun.com/manual.shtml