PDA

View Full Version : best electronic hopper for a minimag?

Orion33
05-13-2004, 09:08 PM
im thinking somewhere around the pricerange of $60-$100

Mikey B
05-13-2004, 09:10 PM
If you have the classic valve then a 12v will be fine, but if you get the x-valve then you may want to bump up to an evo to make sure you have no missfires.

ghed
05-13-2004, 09:28 PM
If you go w/ a Revvy try and find some pre-BE shells. The boards are great but my friend has had awful experiences w/ the newer shells, like lids breaking off when he was reloading.

SPECIAL_K_06
05-13-2004, 09:34 PM
i personaly like my ricochet AK, it keeps up with me just fine.

eddie885221
05-13-2004, 09:40 PM
i had a ricochet but i went to a halo tsa, its pretty quick

notcreative
05-13-2004, 10:16 PM
here is the prices you will fine on most of the hoppers out there
Ricochet Rhino=$30
Quantam=$35
Revy=$45
empire reloader=$45
Revy x-board=$55
Ricochet ak=$55
Evolution=$80
Ricochet Appachee=$90
halo TSA=$70
halo B=$120
empire reloader B(aka halo)=$140

if this helps you any

minimagjim
05-13-2004, 10:50 PM
i got my self a pre x-board 12v revy from viewloaderr thats intelled to the trig and its fine, however i do have a warp!!!!

James
05-14-2004, 01:18 AM
i think a revy or a halo tsa would do you just fine.

SpecialBlend2786
05-14-2004, 02:40 AM
Get an Empire Reloader. Easily the best hopper for the price. Shells are of good quality, great impeller, 30 minute auto shutoff, auto-sensing impeller speed, good impeller, and feeds plenty fast for a LvL 7 valve system. IMO they are better then the Halo TSA's and the Rickochet AK's.

I actually have my Reloader on my RT mag, and an AK on my Mini. The AK is nice because my Minimag is powerfeed right, so the hopper sticks out to the right hand side. With the AK i don't have to worry as much about popping out from the right side of my bunker because the deflection engineering actually works decently well. The AK is also a tad lighter then most loaders.

paint magnet
05-14-2004, 09:41 AM
DON'T get a VL Quantum. It's called an agitated hopper for a reason, because you will become quite agitated after using it. :D

Go with a 12 v. X board Revvie (pre BE shells are a lot more durable), or a RE:Loader. Parts are cheap and readily available, simple design, light weight and good battery life. A Ricochet should be fine as well, though it'll probably be a ball or two slower. If you want something a little faster, go with the Ricochet Apache or an eVLution II w/ Y or Z board. I don't like the design of the eggo though, so I stay away from 'em.

Orion33
05-14-2004, 01:47 PM
i have hl powerfeed...but im planning on using an elbow...

i was thinking 12v revy, empire reloader or ricochet ak...but i hate the looks of the ricochet

paint magnet
05-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Well, here are the benefits and drawbacks of each:

Empire Re:Loader - reliable, easy to find shells, sound activated (no sensor to get covered in paint goo), upgraded impellor (as opposed to the stock 12 v. Revolution), when you run out of paint the motor doesn't keep spinning endlessly ; use the newer polycarbonate shells and different size lids (better looking but not as durable as the pre-BE plastic shells and lids)

Ricochet AK - very well made, excellent customer service, only requires one 9v. battery, viewing window,built to withstand a lot of abuse, orings on feedneck hold hopper in place, no sensor to get covered in paint ; tends to be a tad bit slower than the Revolution in feed rate

Viewloader 12 v. Revolution - same as Re:Loader but with break beam eyes instead of a sound activated board. The eyes work very well and I've never had a problem with them not being able to sense any kind of paint, like some hoppers (Halo) have issues with. However, the newer shells are weaker, I've gone through 3 pairs of the new polycarbonate shells (the ones that say "X board Inside" on the side), whereas the pre BE revvie I use most often has only suffered a broken lid after being shot countless times at close range. Also, if you manage to break balls in your hopper and still have to keep shooting, it's possible that the eyes can get covered in paint, making them think that there are still balls in the feedneck and causing the motor not to spin. And, when you run out of paint, the motor keeps spinning. This isn't normally an issue, as most people just switch it off, but if you lay the gun down on its side with the hopper on and no balls are in the feedneck, the motor will keep spinning and run down your batteries.

IMHO, none of these hoppers have any drawbacks large enough that I would count them out. Personally, I'd go with the Re:Loader, just because of the sound activation (and don't worry, just because it's sound activated doesn't mean it will spin when you talk, or fail to spin if you have a quiet gun) and the slightly faster feed rate. Any of the hoppers you mentioned will serve you well.

Hope this helps.

*edit* - Changed my mind, I'm going to have to go with the Re:Loader on this one.

teufelhunden
05-31-2004, 09:32 AM
Reloader.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173064

paint magnet
06-01-2004, 12:31 PM
If you're looking to buy online, you might want to check out http://www.theloadershop.com . I saw their booth at the last CFOA tourney, they're supposed to have excellent service, and they have a good selection.

The Action Figure
06-01-2004, 12:34 PM
get an empire reloader, paintmagnet love your sig :D

paint magnet
06-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks :) I know it's off topic, but are you going to be at Alamo this weekend? I hope to be out there practicing with the rest of the DC's, not sure what day though.

abunkerer
06-01-2004, 12:56 PM
get a level 10 and a revvy,
small, light, way fast enough for non electro...cheap, no chops & no problems

TeamNausea
06-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Reloader for sure!