PDA

View Full Version : NIGHTMARE first day with E-Mag, Tunaman saves the day!!

udtseal
10-07-2001, 05:41 PM
Hey,

As you all know, today was the first day with the Blue Beast (E-Mag) as I have come to call it. Well, the beast reared its ugly head today.

Out of about a hoppers full of paint I broke like 4 balls easily. Why?? I do not know. I couldnt play a whole 15 minute game without having to squeegie the barrel twice. No fun at all. Then, I finally meet up with Tunaman and he tells me to crank the velocity up. I give it a FULL turn. Fire some shots. Ball breakage still occurs but the gun is a lot more responsive now. Finally, I switch barrels from the stock one to my DYE. Ball breakage almost stops. But that is not good enough cause I am still breaking like 2 balls from 2 hoppers full. Finally, Tunaman loans me his goodie but oldie J&J Solid Brass 10". I played the entire rest of the day(like a good 5 hours) without ONE ball breakage!!! And at the end of the day he tells me to "enjoy my new barrel!" He let me keep it!!! I will forever be in debt to the kindess of Tunaman and his son for being the coolest, not to mention nicest, paintball players I have ever had the privaledge of playing with! We definetly need more people like them at the fields now that paintball is becoming more mainstream (slightly).

I am also left with the question of what to do with my stock barrel, and why the heck was it slicing paint so badly??? I think the paint is being sliced on the muzzle break. Just a thought. Im gonna call AGD techs tomorrow and see what info they have.

Thanks for reading this and THANK YOU once again Tuna!
:D :D :D :D

We will definetly have to play again sometime.

ralicea
10-07-2001, 05:52 PM
It sounds like a paint to barrel match.

I have the Freak barrel and have not had a problem

FeelTheRT
10-07-2001, 05:55 PM
u were using the stock barrel when u broke the balls right? I hear on some stock barrels, he muzzle breaks paint due to improper bore sizes.

zvanut
10-07-2001, 06:29 PM
Tunaman,
u sound like a really nice guy :) cheers to him

udtseal
10-07-2001, 06:57 PM
So I am not wrong in assuming that others have had this problem too??

Russ
10-07-2001, 06:59 PM
You played in NJ, right? The weather up here in northeast CT was weird. I think it influenced the paint. I broke a ton of RPS Flash paint (see the thread) Maybe your stock barrel has that funky inside diameter change right at the muzzle like mine had? Anyways, I feel your pain, it SUCKS to break paint :mad: especially with that beautiful new E-Mag of yours!

edit: add link http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13624

udtseal
10-07-2001, 08:13 PM
Hey you got a beautiful new e-mag too!!

So what can we do about this??? What barrel/s do you use? Also, did you have fluctuations in your FPS like crazy? And did you have to crank your velocity nut (hah, velocity nut..) like a turn and a half before you got close to 300? I did. Also, did you randomly get a ball breakage when you did 6 shot burst at 9 balls a second? Sorry for all the questions I am curious if all this is normal.

Thordic
10-07-2001, 08:41 PM
Tunaman really is an awesome guy, I can't believe he gave you one of his brass barrels, he won't even let his son touch them :)

He missed out on some game time while he worked on my mag, even if he did lose a few pieces *wink* haha.

X-Plosive
10-07-2001, 08:53 PM
yeah tuna's cool but how old is his son? I didn't know he had a son. He's a lucky kid.

AGD
10-07-2001, 09:29 PM
Thanks Tunaman for helping him out! Now I need to understand what it was doing. You said it had paint in the muzzle brake so you were breaking them down the barrel? Was there paint up in the feed tube? Do you have a power feed body? A full turn of the nut is a lot of velocity, did you crono it?

Please give detailed answers.

AGD

RobAGD
10-08-2001, 03:43 AM
Tom - I can give you some info on his gun as I set it up for him.

He has BOTH an Warp Left Body and a Hopper Left Body. It was set up with a warp and the warp body when I shipped it to him. I Put about 300-400 rnds through the gun testing his Warp/Emag and teh trigger work I did to it.

I was shooting both Team Colors and RPS Marb. Didnt have a ball break with the Stock barrel. I didn't shoot the Ultralite. I also had to run the velocity up a tad as it was 250's out of the box with TC and 260's with marb...

As to the actual breaks I have no idea :/

-Robert

Russ
10-08-2001, 05:04 AM
udtseal,

I have no probs with velocity. the gun will stay +/-5fps all day once set. (I have a chrono at home). The paint breaks I had were all due to the RPS Flash paint. This stuff was breaking at home a few days earlier when I was trying it out. JT paint worked great (I used the stock barrel w/ the JT, velocity @ 285, I can't stess how good this combo works for me :D ) A lot of people at the field I played at had paint breakage problems, we all figured it was due to the weird weather. A combo of Sun, cold, wind, clouds, hail. Temps in the 40's up to around 55.

udtseal
10-08-2001, 10:23 AM
When I first got to the field, I got my tank filled and went back to the car. Loaded up the hopper with the Team Colors I got from Rob and went to the shooting range to crono the gun. I fired an entire hoppers full and the gun was cronoing at exactly what Rob said, around 250, with the stock barrel. I left it at that cause it was fine.

Its field paint only so I had to use thier Team Colors that I bought, so I loaded up with that and went off to the field for the first game. I start firing and break break break. YES there was paint in the breech and down the barrel, but not every time. Mostly it was all around the muzzel break but there was some like half way down the tube of the barrel when looking inside. This occured all day until I cranked the velocity nut up and switched barrels to the J&J Brass, like Tunaman suggested. With a full turn it was around 285-290. I think it was the barrel change that did it. But maybe the field sold me old paint. When I got home last night I ran an entire hopper full of the paint I got from Rob through the gun with my old All American barrel and not a break.

Sorry for all the confusion I just want to make sure I dident screw anything up with the gun. All this paint size to barrel bore stuff is just messed up. I called AGD Tech support and spoke to John and he said that it is most likly just paint to barrel match and that maybe the paint they sold was old. I questioned the field owner and he said it was fresh. But who knows...it was just scarey being the first time out with the gun and all. I still love the gun! Please dont get me wrong! And I am angry at no one, just confused. Someone with an E-mag at the field said that I should get a foamie bolt. Tunaman questioned that saying I shouldnt need it.

udtseal
10-08-2001, 12:09 PM
OK, with Robs infinite wisdom and guidence (and incredible patience with me!!) we have discovered that it was most likly a bad batch of paint. I have shot nearly the entire case of Team Colors San Franscisco that I got from Rob and have not had one ball break. Yet, with that case of Green Bay that I got from Top Gun I had a damn lot, I lost count after 15... so thanks for all the input and help everyone.

Also, I shot easily 1,000 rounds of the San Franscisco using the stock barrel and have not had one problem. Sorry to scare you Tom :)

Bigzamboni
10-08-2001, 01:52 PM
Your lucky. You got a free J&J barrel. I've been looking for an old J&J Barrel, but haven't had much luck.

Tunaman
10-08-2001, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by udtseal
OK, with Robs infinite wisdom and guidence (and incredible patience with me!!) we have discovered that it was most likly a bad batch of paint. I have shot nearly the entire case of Team Colors San Franscisco that I got from Rob and have not had one ball break. Yet, with that case of Green Bay that I got from Top Gun I had a damn lot, I lost count after 15... so thanks for all the input and help everyone.

Also, I shot easily 1,000 rounds of the San Franscisco using the stock barrel and have not had one problem. Sorry to scare you Tom :) Well now you have got me wondering BIGTIME! As you know, I was bustin' paint all day in my FREAK! I have never had a problem with the paint there until Sunday. My gun configuration has not changed, and last week we didn't break a single ball the whole day! Using the SAME Team Colors paint. I know they keep it refridgerated and all. Could it have gone bad in a week?
Maybe I will have a talk with Ray...I did spend almost 300 bucks on paint. Guess you won't be needing that barrel anymore? If you ever decide to get rid of it, I will love to get it back. Thanks for a great time anyways!:D :D :D

AGD
10-08-2001, 05:06 PM
We are getting reports of paint quality being sporadic right now. There seems to be a lot of problems with paint running too big and busting in the barrel or jaming in the power feed. PLEASE check the paint size on many balls from your batch if your having problems and try to go with a bigger barrel.

AGD

udtseal
10-08-2001, 05:18 PM
Yes I will definetly do that from now on Tom. That sure was a scare yesterday! I never doubted the E-Mag for a second, just doubted myself (that I was doing something wrong) or the paint/barrel match.

Tunaman, check your e-mail. I will gladly give you back the barrel if you want it or I would like to buy it off you! :D