PDA

View Full Version : Question about using 'XBall' in game name

TraXeR
05-13-2004, 10:31 PM
I've been thinking of how much I've been watching paintball lately, and I want to make my own game style which is different than speedball or XBall. I'm not letting any thing out yet of what it is, but I already have my basics and plan of gameplay thought of. I will be taking quite a while to make the rules and instruction panphlet and neccessary information and possibly even post it on AO when I finish it. I'm mainly making this for myself to see if I can do it because it just seems so cool and I've told a few people about it, and they said it sounded incredible and they really want to play it one day because it sounds awesome (to them, not being cocky).

What my question is... I want to call it 'TraXBall', but that has the name 'XBall' in it, will that infringe on copyrights or create any legal trouble?

I won't be patenting or copyrighting this at all, I'm simply making it basically for people to have fun with at recball games and such. I don't want to go through all that crap for making a patent or legal protection when to be honest, I just want people to play it, even if I lose all the credit. I personally think it would be cool one day to see some random field playing a game I made just cause they enjoy it.

So if you guys can let me know, I'd really appreciate it. So to repeat the question:

'TraXBall'.... does that name interfere or infringe on the 'XBall' name or anything?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
05-13-2004, 10:39 PM
If you dont market it for money, and if its just for fun. I think you are alright.

TraXeR
05-13-2004, 10:45 PM
ya,. im pretty sure im ok if its just for fun, but im just saying that if it somehow goes to another field or numerous other fields to be played... im kinda worried.

if not, i just have to think of another name.

danheneise
05-14-2004, 12:57 AM
usually these kind of things do only pertain to people looking for a profit, if, in this case, xball does get a little ticked, and you absolutly have to have the name, a deal would probably have to be made involving money

Mango
05-14-2004, 01:00 AM
what teh gay is going on here?!?! lollerskates

TraXeR
05-14-2004, 07:50 AM
Ok, well in that case, just to avoid any confrontation. I'll just use another name. Thanks anyways.

Mango: WTF?