PDA

View Full Version : I've waited 9 months for an xmag ... should I still get it?

jayloo
05-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Here is the story. I placed an xmag order with my local dealer back in Sept. 2003. My dealer got THE call about a month ago to confirm the order and color. The xmag is back from anno but there is a problem. The warp breach annoed for the gun does NOT fit...DOOH. The gun is faded black to red and the fade is in the middle of the breach. I only shoot a warp and the warp breach is pretty much the reason I wanted and xmag. If I want it AGD will ship the xmag with an un-annoed warp breach.

Money is not an issue in this decision.

68_Classic
05-14-2004, 12:48 PM
yeah man u should styll get it they good guns..this uy were i live has one and omg it is bad *** very nice.. i would have gotten one but i ordered a shocker with eye soo

smilestyler
05-14-2004, 12:58 PM
If it was me, I would take it, but get it re anno'ed.

Mango
05-14-2004, 01:09 PM
negative . . . .. .

deadeye9
05-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I feel your pain.

I would take the X-Mag with the unanno'd warp breech and get the whole thing reanno'd, if that's possible. If it's not possible, I'd wait and get a used X-Mag.

FreakBaller12
05-14-2004, 01:30 PM
karta or chord ule'd emag, wait doh! there's no warp sluggos.. :(

skife
05-14-2004, 01:37 PM
is the price going to be cut on the gun for the bad part?

jayloo
05-14-2004, 01:41 PM
is the price going to be cut on the gun for the bad part?

My dealer alluded to a discount but I wont count on it.

Reanno could cost $300....and take a couple months.

skife
05-14-2004, 01:43 PM
personally i think that AGD should have covered this, they screwed somthing up they should fix it.

*shrugs*

Torbo
05-14-2004, 01:49 PM
if youve already got a emag, there isnt a whole lot of point. Use the money for something cool and different. Or new parts for the emag.

jayloo
05-14-2004, 01:50 PM
personally i think that AGD should have covered this, they screwed somthing up they should fix it.

*shrugs*

Fixing it was not an option. I guess the demand is too high. I was told I could get in the next batch if there is a next batch.

RRfireblade
05-14-2004, 01:55 PM
I would still get an Xmag,but I would tell AGD I want one that's anno'd correctly.I had almost the same situation myself as my X came in the wrong fade and with mismatched parts.To this day I still have not received the correct matching barrel for it I it and it seems......I likely never will.

If they can't get you the correct one I myself would take a different color or fade over that one though because you don't want to re-anno the whole gun and you won't likely ever get the breech to match.That kind of thing would always drive me nuts and shouldn't have to be tolerated on such an expensive flagship marker.

I feel bad for you though,all the wait and then this.....that really sucks.

Good luck,I hope it works out for you somehow.

Chojin Man
05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
If money is truly not an issue get it, then re-anno it.

datapimp69
My dealer alluded to a discount but I wont count on it.

Reanno could cost $300....and take a couple months.

you may only need the breech anaoed, you could send the whole gun and breach to XPB and i bet he could match it close enuff

jayloo
I would still get an Xmag,but I would tell AGD I want one that's anno'd correctly.I had almost the same situation myself as my X came in the wrong fade and with mismatched parts.To this day I still have not received the correct matching barrel for it I it and it seems......I likely never will.

If they can't get you the correct one I myself would take a different color or fade over that one though because you don't want to re-anno the whole gun and you won't likely ever get the breech to match.That kind of thing would always drive me nuts and shouldn't have to be tolerated on such an expensive flagship marker.

I feel bad for you though,all the wait and then this.....that really sucks.

Good luck,I hope it works out for you somehow.

Amen, that is percisely how I feel. You know my pain
;)

teufelhunden
05-14-2004, 02:40 PM
AGD values quality and workmanship over everything, yet they won't fix a problem like this?

In paintball, looks are part of quality and workmanship. AGD should re-anno the entire thing, they aren't shipping X-Mags anymore. If they won't do it, take your business elsewhere.

You could always Warp ULE the E-Mag, but you have that Karta... :)

thecavemankevin
05-14-2004, 04:08 PM
i agree, i hate to say it but i wouldn't tolerate it either...:(

i would either ask them to fix it (have them get it completely re-annoed with new breech), have them set you up with another one (i personally would tolerate it if it was a different color as long as it wasn't too ugly). And if they are unwilling to accomodate, then go else where. it is VERY unlikely anyone would pay full price for a gorgous faded gun with ugly raw breech ( or even some small discount). So why should you?

good luck man

tjmpaintball06
05-14-2004, 04:32 PM
wait for warp sluggos

RenagadeOfFunk
05-14-2004, 04:51 PM
I voted no...

...do it once do it right...

just mill out the e-mag...(don't buy the hype...buy the color/performance :D)

evan123
05-14-2004, 05:06 PM
This may sound stupid but you bought as gun for a damn breech. That sounds really stupid pal, sorry for the harshness. I can't imagine spending 1000 dollars for gun because of something so simple. The PTP feedneck adaptor for warp has nothing wrong with it plus in the days that your warp is down or you don't feel like using it presto its back up. This is the same as the x-mag which makes me wonder why the hell you would want it. Your emag has a karta, one of the sleekest bodies around. If you got your emag annoed it would be perfect, or you could just manage to not use Warp *gasp*. I know you have played with out it but to me i just think it is bulky and gets in teh way a lot. Plus to mention it is leaning and snap shooting that can cover your *** and plus i love to switch hands and don't enjoy "leaning" side to side....

Just IMO.

Magglerock
05-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Do the following:

1) Buy a Vik or Excal - better, cheaper marker
2) You would still have about $500 left-over - get a Logic Vert frame milled to match said Karta
3) You now have about $350 left-over - buy a warp socket from Rogue and PTP warp adaptor from Proteams, or better yet, send both your markers to Doc and have him "Warp" 'em
4) Depending on the option above, re-anno your new, pimp Karta in a different collor than your new pimp Vik/Excal.

Digits
05-14-2004, 06:36 PM
I would take a DM4 or alias over the mag personally.

Bolter
05-14-2004, 06:40 PM
get it..... if you don't like it, sell it before you scratch it.

jayloo
05-14-2004, 07:17 PM
get it..... if you don't like it, sell it before you scratch it.

I just may do this.

Enemy
05-14-2004, 07:21 PM
i say buy it and if you cant match the anno on the breech sell it to me i need an x-mag and will tolerate having to re anno the whole gun!!

deathstalker
05-14-2004, 07:39 PM
I was told I could get in the next batch if there is a next batch.
I would take my chances on the second batch. If there's something wrong with that one, forget about it.

If I had to vote between the two options presented, I'd stick with the E-Mag. I would just keep my eye open for good-condition used X-Mags and wait patiently for the deal you can't pass up, like a package with marker, tank, and hopper, for example, for a very low price. You can then sell anything you don't need to recoup some of the cost.

If you trust eBay, you can find some incredible deals out there. Don't rush into anything and seriously lowball auctions that look good. I still think my best eBay deal was a brand new PF/HL reverse valve MiniMag, brand new 68/45 Flatline, brand new Intelliframe, brand new DYE tank cover, brand new Boomstick, brand new Shocktech drop, and Flex 7... all for $540 shipped. After selling much of it, including my existing 45/45, I basically got a new 68/45 Flatline, a new Intelliframe, and a backup Flex 7 for $200 shipped. :)

phantomhitman
05-14-2004, 07:51 PM
that really sucks. i would want it, but i would want it right. if you paid that much and waited that long then it should be right. it must be nice to just say it is not fixable to a customer like that. :confused: :(

GT
05-14-2004, 10:21 PM
for this amount of money if it isnt excatly what you want dont buy.

so do you want a 1400 gun with an un annoed part?

GT says no!

Steelrat
05-14-2004, 10:41 PM
For that amount, you should get what you want out of the box. I'd either wait for another X in the following batch that is annoed right, or look elsewhere. X-mags arent really any better, performance-wise, than a lot of other guns out there right now. Thats not to say they're bad, shucks, I own one. But buying another gun, then getting a used X in the future for re-anno, might not be a bad way to go.

AutomagRT1483
05-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Just get it. Have the breech anno'd to match.

jayloo
05-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks to everyone for yout thought and votes.

I will be getting the xmag. Ill get the breach annoed to match the fade. If I don't like it .... it will be in the markers classified sevtion on AO ;)