PDA

View Full Version : Automag Proline? Auto Response Trigger

Mungojerrie
05-14-2004, 03:44 PM
I purchased a used Automag it has what appears to be a unique air line / trigger frame. It appears that the air runs through the trigger frame to a fitting at the back near the valve, then back down to the expansion chamber / fore grip and then up to the valve. My best guess is that it is a response trigger of some type. I have tried to find info on such a trigger with no success. I believe it is made by Proline but I can't find a website or contact info for that company. I am attatching some pics but they are not of high quality. Any info would be helpful.

AGDlover
05-14-2004, 06:03 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: *tunrns head* :confused: :confused:

ChucktheMAGician
05-14-2004, 06:24 PM
I've never seen one, it looks interesting but perhaps a little more complex than it needs to be?!! I had an auto responce frame once and that's not one. I'm interested to find out what it is also :)

Nobody077
05-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Nope not a ProLine autoresponce frame(proud owner of Autoresponce frame sn#000222)
Other than that I cant help you, But that frame is kinda cool

AGDlover
05-14-2004, 07:49 PM
oooooooo i know this its actualy a custom job done to the frame and everthing i rember the guy on pb.com was showing us the drawings and we never thought he could do this but damn he pulled it off and we had so many questions. hows it shoot?

Mungojerrie
05-14-2004, 08:11 PM
I actually just bought it a couple of days ago on ebay and haven't received it yet. I have been scratching my head ever since I saw it. I will definitly let you know when I get it. It looks like the valve is modified as well. I hope I did alright with it. It will be my first Automag. Anything I should be concerned about when I get it?

AGDlover
05-14-2004, 11:57 PM
I actually just bought it a couple of days ago on ebay and haven't received it yet. I have been scratching my head ever since I saw it. I will definitly let you know when I get it. It looks like the valve is modified as well. I hope I did alright with it. It will be my first Automag. Anything I should be concerned about when I get it?

you might want to watch out for leaking in the trigger frame it looks like it leaks easy

Koosh
05-15-2004, 12:02 AM
When you get it take off the grips and take a picture of the internals of that... Just for curiosity on our part!

Scott Hudnall
05-15-2004, 07:50 AM
yeah, keep us posted on what you find out, will be interesting to see how it's modded. Looks like some type of a prototype grip frame with an internal air line. I see no reason for it running out the back of the grip frame, however, unless you are going to run a line directly around the back of the gun to the AIR intake.

Looks to me that the way it's set up would be uncomfortable, that the air hose line would get in the way of a comfortable grip.

And that ASA for the bottle.......would make for a WAY LONG 'mag. But if it's an internal air line, you might be stuck unless you can change it to a more traditional set up.

But, interesting, none the less.

Is there any identifying company markings on it?

Vanced
05-15-2004, 09:05 AM
And I thought I have seen just about everything ....

To me it simply looks like a gas through frame... with either 3 purposes... hard to tell with out seeing under the grips.

1. just to run the air back the the valve so you do not need to have any hoses out around your hands by passing the fore grip / expansion chamber all together... if there is just a hose or a smaller air passage inside the frame.

2. to use the grip frame as an expansion chamber itself .... if there is a large air chamber or multible chambers of an expansion chamber.

3. to use the grip frame as a gas through to get back to something similar to the Banjo Bolt set up that was abandoned...

Just my quick observations...

ChucktheMAGician
05-15-2004, 09:56 AM
It looks like the valve is modified as well. I hope I did alright with it. It will be my first Automag. Anything I should be concerned about when I get it?
The stock Regulator has been replaced w/ what appears to be a Diamond Labs one, that's why the back of the valve/reg is black.

AGDlover
05-15-2004, 07:37 PM
ya dude get some clear grips with that bad boy so you can show it off

RRfireblade
05-16-2004, 04:15 PM
If I recall correctly it's just a gas thru frame.The air has nothing to do with the internals,they used to come w/ a hard line to feed the valve right from the back of the frame so you didn't have to have the typical "Mag" air line loop.

Vanced
05-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Fireblade,

Yeah that was my first guess as well ... and the most likely answer to this little mystery...

1. just to run the air back the the valve so you do not need to have any hoses out around your hands by passing the fore grip / expansion chamber all together... if there is just a hose or a smaller air passage inside the frame.