PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland AOers Unite! Let's kick Bill's Butt!!!

00Buckshot
05-14-2004, 10:09 PM
I've played in both Shatnerballs and I'm tired of seeing those hacks win. Yes, I'm talking about Bill and Mancow. No theatrics, no prisoners, everyone gets smoked. Honor is on the line. Not to give them credit... but from what I saw last year at EMR, elements of Shatner's team, possibly COL Hunt or even Pac man, were well organized. I not going to give the other two any credit. This year, I'm lean, mean, hung up my Tippy and have a smokn' new RT Pro Warp with a RogueRail and several rounds with 'Cow's name on them.

It would be ideal to form a large platoon sized unit from about four to five 6 man teams that work in concert. All with radios, supporting each other's movement and taking direction from Tom. Some could do sole recon or even direct action against Shatner's command; others go after point opportunities with the rest of the teams helping them. Tom, ...it behooves you to organize and leverage all of the resources you have; i.e. your loyal AOers. We have the rollcall list, let's start using it and breaking down into teams and establishing our chain of command with an SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).

Regardless, are there any AOers in the Chicagoland area that have or going to sign up on Tom's team up for some practice or training? We already have a team of about 6 experienced, former military, players (AKA... The Primitive Screwheads) that play Scenarios in the area regularly. If you're interested we could meet up at the below games. Tom, you're welcome to join us. If anybody is interested, email me at buckshot@atcpaintball.com

Oklahoma D-Day (Germans, 21st Panzer) - The Bunker (OK) - June 6th to 13th
Project Blue Book - Paintball Sam's (WI) - June 19
Old Chicago - CPX (IL) - June 26
Balls to the Wall - Blastcamp (IN) - July 18

Tournament ball is a different world from Scenario. If you don't know anything about... patrolling; wedge formations; movement to contact; essentials of fire and movement; proper employment of fire teams; withdrawal under fire; rallying and regrouping; hasty fighting positions; fields and sectors of fire; light, noise and litter discipline; ambushes; sniper actions; effective use of paint and smoke grenades; DA missions... then you need to train with us. I'm not saying you don't do any of this during tournaments, it's just a little bit different in the field. Do yourself a favor and search for small unit tactics or the Ranger Handbook out on the Internet. If anything, I highly recommend you play the Old Chicago game at CPX to familiarize yourself with the field. It has several areas that are choke points and others that afford undetected movement.

Bottom line - Tom, our team wants in on the action!

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

Mike Smith
05-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Give me a break.....

This year, Tom is recruiting Texans, so it's a slam-dunk that his side will win this year....

Tom wised up....When are y'all gonna learn?

shivors
05-16-2004, 06:25 PM
You can count my brother and I in. We are both old schoolers who played on Shatners team the first year and with Tom last year. Pac man is damned good at running the show. I always thought that a team to accomplish missions and a team to S&D their mission team would be best. Screw taking bases etc.

AutomagRT1483
05-16-2004, 09:04 PM
I'll be at project blue book.

minimagjim
05-17-2004, 01:00 PM
well i am one chicagoan whos definetly gunning for shatner and his posse!

AGDlover
05-22-2004, 10:29 PM
tom should loan out Tacones to ppl on our team who doesn't have a mag so we all can light em up MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Glickman
05-22-2004, 11:59 PM
well, im not from chicago, but you can sure count on me helping and cooperating to kick some shatner and manboobs ***.
I was on shaters team last year, as i didnt really care as which team i was on, but this year, i play oin being right next to tom and the rest of you guys, and FILLET SHATNER!

I sure hope ROGUE ELEMENT comes, you guys were awsome last year, and only hope for the pleasure of fighting by your sides again.

but i would be more than happy to be recruited onto one of your "platoons",

also, loose "positions" might be good too, as some of us might be better at pulling triggers than scouting, and such. my suggestion is:

6 man Team

Sr. Commanding officer
Jr. Commanding (incase sr. is out)
Comm?
Fire support (back players)
Regulars

just an idea, not rigid positions or anything, but you know what i mean, tell me what cha think
:)

also, might i suggest those with extensive previous senario experiance, or military experiance lead.

also, maybe we should put together a little mini book with essential tactics and terms, ie. surpression, Defiliade, ambushes (the correct way), defensive tactics, as well as probing the defenses...

im slowly putting one together just for now..

tony3
05-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Well, I'll definitely be at shatnerball and I intend for us to win this year :D I don't know any of those woods tactics but I sure do know how to shoot at people :D

RenagadeOfFunk
05-26-2004, 04:20 PM
...ill need to gather up the $75... (i am poor after buying another $1000+ gun)...but you can count another Chicago AO'er in....

...I have overall 6 years experiance (4 rec - 2 speedball)...

IronCore
05-26-2004, 05:17 PM
I'll give that a try. I play about twice a month (depending on family schedule) in open games at Badlandz, where do you guys hold your practice? aside from the scenario games that you have listed?

warthog2t0
06-08-2004, 10:54 PM
yes we must take them all down! they have jum,ped the shark

xXpaintballthugXx
07-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Im going and you can expect me to be on toms team...lol

TDonovan
07-12-2004, 11:43 PM
I didn't originally plan on going to this, but even my parents think it's a good idea that I go...

I dunno which team to pick though. Mr. Kaye's team would seem logical seen as how I hope/should own a mag by then, but playing on Shatner's team would be pretty cool. I mean, he was Captain Kirk, and it'd be pretty cool to play along side of him.

slasherdan
08-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Give me a break.....

This year, Tom is recruiting Texans, so it's a slam-dunk that his side will win this year....

Tom wised up....When are y'all gonna learn?

It's a slam dunk because you're Texans???? Who won the Alamo?????

Yeah that's what I thought!!! It was the Mex-I-Can's .... :tard: ;)

Now that's it's back at CPX you'll see some good old Chicago Hard Ball ... :headbang:

Granted we're still gunning for that Cheatin' Hack Shatner and his little girlfriend Manboobs.

:shooting: :bounce:

Either way .... I'd like to share a few beers with ya after the game .. :cheers:

Mike Smith
08-10-2004, 04:05 PM

Ummmm... Perhaps you don't know the history of the Alamo.

When the Texicans awoke that fateful February day, the guy that was assigned as lookout happened to be far-sighted. When he told Travis there were 1,500 Mexicans outside the wall, everyone agreed that was no problem. They (189 Texicans) all figured about 10 Mexicans each was do-able.

The fight was on. After 10 days, Travis had figured out that the Mexican troop strength was severely under-estimated.

Ooops.....

The Texicans at the Alamo did take out their 1500 Mexicans, but couldn't overcome the other 3500..

However, General Houston slammed them bad at San Jacinto and won the war. {Yes, the Texicans did win the war against Mexico}.

The moral of the story is that the 40 Texans that will show up and be on Tom's side is the equivilent of 400 players on Shatner's side. And that is the secret of Shatner's success the last two years. He had the Texans.

Tom has us this year.

Any more questions? :cool: :D

slasherdan
08-12-2004, 12:57 PM

The fight was on. After 10 days, Travis had figured out that the Mexican troop strength was severely under-estimated.

Ooops.....

:cool: :D

Now we know why Mexico create "To-kill-you" ... it's a vile drink that kills one's ability to count ... :tard: ;)

Either way ... It will be awesome to fight along side you as we roll over these guys ...

:headbang:

:shooting:

Mike Smith
08-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Yea... Less than a month to go!

I can't wait to update my avatar.... {:D}

SeeK
08-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Ok, 1 week to go and what's the plan? Do we have radio nets set up yet?

Tyger
08-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Plan? What plan?

Actually, we don't have a radio plan yet. Or anything else. at least... "publicly"...

-Tyger

SeeK
08-26-2004, 01:22 AM
Plan? What plan?

Actually, we don't have a radio plan yet. Or anything else. at least... "publicly"...

-Tyger

Ok, how about the Saturday open play 'plan'?

Or the Sat. Night 'plan'?

Mike Smith
08-26-2004, 06:24 AM
Well, my post from yesterday didn't show up.....

K If you have a radio, bring it. If not, I'll have a few extra. Radios are important.

As far as the plan..... It will be revealed Sunday. It will include accumulating points, lots of points.... IOW, yes there is a plan, but I don't know any details.

I arrive at around 1:30 pm Saturday, depending on Amtrak, and have no Saturday evening plans, yet.

Anyone heard from Shives?

SeeK
08-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Well, my post from yesterday didn't show up.....

K If you have a radio, bring it. If not, I'll have a few extra. Radios are important.

As far as the plan..... It will be revealed Sunday. It will include accumulating points, lots of points.... IOW, yes there is a plan, but I don't know any details.

I arrive at around 1:30 pm Saturday, depending on Amtrak, and have no Saturday evening plans, yet.

Anyone heard from Shives?

Last I heard he was thinking about it but that was a month ago.

Do you have a car or should I pick you up on Sat or Sun? I've got a room at the Fairfield Inn North about 5 miles away for Sat night but plan on going to the field Sat afternoon or morning to gear up and take some pics. LMK

Mike Smith
08-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Kendrick:
I'm staying at the Manor Hotel, about 3 minutes from the field, and I have an Alamo rental. If you're in the area of the Joliet Amtrak station around 1:30 pm, I could use a ride to Alamo. Actually, no telling when Amtrak will arrive in Joliet, so maybe I'll call you, or you call me at 832-689-1155.

I'd like to get to the field Saturday to check in and "announce" my presence, if possible.
{If Mancow's SUV is there} :D

SeeK
08-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Kendrick:
I'm staying at the Manor Hotel, about 3 minutes from the field, and I have an Alamo rental. If you're in the area of the Joliet Amtrak station around 1:30 pm, I could use a ride to Alamo. Actually, no telling when Amtrak will arrive in Joliet, so maybe I'll call you, or you call me at 832-689-1155.

I'd like to get to the field Saturday to check in and "announce" my presence, if possible.
{If Mancow's SUV is there} :D

Shouldn't that be 'Marking' your territory?

Sounds like a plan.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-31-2004, 11:17 PM
hmmm.....saved up $4...
well i'll try to do something useful

Mike Smith
09-06-2004, 10:24 AM
OK, Let's review.....

In 2002, Shatner had all the Texans and he kicked two teams butts.

In 2003, Shatner had all but 1 Texan and he won.

In 2004, Tom had the Texans (after bribing a few Texas scenario teams :p ) and he kicked Shatner's butt back to Hollywood and sent the Mancow wimp running back to Chicago before lunch.

Any questions? :D