PDA

View Full Version : Tourny Ball

Mr.Goodbar989
05-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Man i really want to play the rookie league at memphis but people tell me i cant keep up with them with a mag. what do you guys have to say about that :mad:

AGDlover
05-15-2004, 12:03 AM
you tell em to kiss your *** and go and play

elpimpo
05-15-2004, 12:09 AM
if its a classic, im sorry to say but there right. these days if you want to compete you need the fast guns. i know this is going to be a flame fest, all i have to say is flame away, ive played long enough to be able to have an opinion on this

DiSoRdeR
05-15-2004, 12:17 AM
you tell em to kiss your *** and go and play
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/signs/17.gif
Dont listen to what people say, just go and play. And it doesnt matter how fast your mag is, after all I play with a phantom ;)

Target Practice
05-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Don't say anything. Just wait till you bunker some trash-talkin' n00b with an *Gasp!* Angel. They'll get the picture.

AGDlover
05-15-2004, 12:27 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/signs/17.gif
Dont listen to what people say, just go and play. And it doesnt matter how fast your mag is, after all I play with a phantom ;)

finaly someone who agrees with me
ya but seroisly dude i got like one cocker "friend" who dissed me all day in school because i had a mag. we went out to settel this at a local speed ball field and i owned him. and i got a clasic valve and not that much

eNder159
05-15-2004, 12:30 AM
=oT from first hand experience playing at Hustler's indoor paintball in jersey...my classic minimag couldnt keep up ...it was hard becuase i kept chopping and that just made my balls fly all over the place ...but i still played..and tagged a guy out =o)

DiSoRdeR
05-15-2004, 12:30 AM
ya but seroisly dude i got like one cocker "friend" who dissed me all day in school because i had a mag. we went out to settel this at a local speed ball field and i owned him.
I bet he stoped trash talkin about mags after that lmao

my classic minimag couldnt keep up ...it was hard becuase i kept chopping
lvl 10 dude, it will eliminate choppin paint ;)

Rebel4life034
05-15-2004, 12:32 AM
Mags can rule the field its not the gun its the player! Dont listen to anyone whos says they can beat you cuz you have a mag

Mr.Goodbar989
05-15-2004, 12:56 AM
I think the next gun i will probably get will be an Imp. with vision, but im going to practice with the teams out at the field all summer and get the imp about he last month of the summer then start trying out for the team

Gabriel
05-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Mags can rule the field its not the gun its the player! Dont listen to anyone whos says they can beat you cuz you have a mag

It is so funny to me that people always say 'its not the gun its the player', but when I mention using a spyder and rolling some peeps with angels everybody jumps down on me like a redtailed hawk on a drunken rabbit. :eek:

But, you can beat anybody with practically any marker that works, and with which you are accustomed to. be it mag, phantom, cocker, spyder, angel, anything! (as long as you are good, that is.)

magking1971
05-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Actions speak louder then words, go out there and show them you can own with your mag, then tell them to shove it. ;)

Lohman446
05-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Man i really want to play the rookie league at memphis but people tell me i cant keep up with them with a mag. what do you guys have to say about that :mad:

The key word is playing rookie - and yes you can. I know a player who I would rate among the top ten I have ever seen who is proof of this. He played with a Spyder and 100 round pods for the longest time, and was always competive. Last year his team did very very well at World Cup, he was playign with an e-mag and I know for a fact that the battery has been removed and the trigger's fire point is at the very back of the trigger pull. He wasn't playing rookie.

It is the player behind the marker - paintball is nto like many sports yet. The players have not, as a whole, hit the "limit" of how good they can be. Your skill can overcome any equipment disadvantage you may perceive yourself as having.

Oh, and pray for rain.. its always funny to watch the people with electros rush off the field and toss them out of the rain afterwards, I once bunkered an entire other team in an odd run within thirty seconds of the start, and that included pulling and hanging the flag. It was torrential and they claim their e-blades were not shooting... funny they were calling for paintchecks on me.

Lethargic
05-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Well, I think you can do just fine wiht a mechanical mag in tourney play. After all... I've been playing NPPL div III and the occcasional PAN AM Torouney without a problem. It definately doesn't hurt to have an electronic marker so you can shoot 20+ bps, but you don't strictly HAVE to, especially in the rookie leagues. I say go for it, and good luck.

puckmaster
05-15-2004, 01:24 PM
This is what i hate about paintball nowdays.
People either say that
1. you have to have the best and most expensive stuff in order to win.
or

2. if you dont think like person #1, then you think that you have to go out and play them and show them what up, and that you can go out and beat them with the mag, or the phantom, or the spyder, etc, and that you need to shut them up and teach them a lesson.

why cant people just play for the fun of it, and not for stupid bragging rights like "The mag beat the Angel", or "The Spyder beat the timmy"? I'm not sure if my point came through clear or not, but what i'm saying is, who cares what other people think, and why should you try and get them to think like you?

I actually punched out the captain of a team i used to play on when he tried to kick off one of my long long long time friends, which was the guy who got me into paintball off our team during a practice, just because he had a bushmaster. I kinda wish i had not have punched him, because now i'm off that team, and the field that sponored us has fired me, or put me on a 6 month vacation from working.

TeamNausea
05-15-2004, 04:09 PM
True, it's not the gun its the player. The 15bps just helps ;)

tony3
05-15-2004, 04:59 PM
My team is a very competitive team, we've won 2 of the 5 tournies we've played, and made semis in all of them. One guy on our team uses his classic warped mag still and refuses to give it up for anything. I still use my revvy because I love the weight and feel of it. I can only shoot 10-12 bps, but I still do great. You don't need 15 bps to win, but it can sure help in certain situations.

eNder159
06-12-2004, 04:50 PM
I bet he stoped trash talkin about mags after that lmao

lvl 10 dude, it will eliminate choppin paint ;)

o i know i have a ule mag coming in the mail with xvalve and ult

i couldnt tag anybody out cuz i kept short stroking ..=oT my finger is too fast for the gun to keep up ..but atleast with the xvalve i wont have to worry too much now ...i can show everybody that it doesnt matter what you shoot