PDA

View Full Version : Im buying a gun.

wave_otte
05-15-2004, 12:26 AM
I need the best woodball gun that i can spend up to 300 on and no autocockers.
I heard tippmann A-5 i very good. I am on a team but i want a gun for woodsball and i have no %*$# clue what to get. so help me out folks

Falcon1
05-15-2004, 01:09 AM
I would get a automag with the ule and a good barrel kit or just a barrel

Hope this helps

skife
05-15-2004, 08:12 AM
why no cockers?

jwalker87
05-15-2004, 08:41 AM
they are VERY difficult to maintain. Since he says this is for woodsball, there is a good chance of it getting in contact with mud/dirt/anything unclean, and that will likely mess up the timing of the 'cocker. I'd agree to just stay away from 'cockers unless you're crazy about the sport and want to spend more time tuning than playing. I agree with the mag; get a used automag (around or under $200), and then a good barrel ($50 or so), and you're good to go.

skife
05-15-2004, 08:57 AM
seriously though, cockers arn't that hard to take care of, as long as you dont start taking them compleatly apart and such you're not going to screw up the timing, i've got a friend that got a 2k3 cocker for christmas about a year and a half ago and the thing still shoots awsome, he's played in snow dirt mud rain sand.

cockers are quite easy to maintain if you dont screw with them.

wave_otte
05-15-2004, 10:35 AM
automag or tippmann a5? i understand NO AUTOCOCKERS PLZ DONT ARGUE ABOUT IT. I need a gun durable and light and shoots pretty far. I heard both guns are durable, i know automag is probably lighter. and finnaly tippmann a5 with a flatline probably shoot farther than any gun. So would i be ok with whatever gun?

So i want to know is the perfomance in the automag in shooting distance, how quite it is and how easy it is to aim with it.
For tippmann A5 i want to know if the huge bore size of the flatline effects anything bad, if i can use compressed air on it, and how easy to aim with it.
That will make my final choice.

Thermus
05-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Flatlines are overpriced and overrated. Tippmanns just have poor performance. No question, go for a mag.

wave_otte
05-15-2004, 11:12 AM
anyone want to sell there mag for $150? :)

wave_otte
05-15-2004, 11:33 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47250&item=3677325296&rd=1

OMG LOOK BEST DEAL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

kungfuhampster11
05-15-2004, 11:47 AM
hey ill sell you a minimag+dye excel+gassthru settup for 175 shipped

DementedChild
05-15-2004, 12:22 PM
i seriously want to know why he doesnt want a cocker?

why you hatin on wgp so bad?

tyrion2323
05-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Woodsball? Why not just buy a Spyder...?
http://www.actvil.com/static/eCS/Store/en/images/large/010-4072.jpg
$139 at Action Village

It'll shoot as fast as a Tippman, and it can easily be upgraded. If you want to move to nitrogen, you can throw a regulator on there, an IS-Switch from Nero-Bro, and new barrel kit. Bolts, valves, strikers...they can all be replaced.

That's my recommendation.

dwab3000
05-15-2004, 05:17 PM
id have to say mag

with a tippmann, there seem to be alot of superficial (sp?) upgrades, or so it sees to me,

with spyders, great guns, but they dont seems to be your best bang for you buck and theres not much you can actually do to make your spyder that custom, im sorry buti started with a rapide

id go with the mag, cause as you grow so will it, you upgrade it slowly so its just as good as you are

mag upgrades aret superficial either, they really make the marker the greatest

but your asking on a mag forum, i know some people will go with other markers, i know some people call them guns, i just prefer markers...makes the sport sound better, but the majority will recommend the mag

also if you save up you could probably buy a used e-mag in the for for sale area for about 550

also you should stop by your local shop ask to feel a a-5 (i own one, but i only tinker on it) and a mag, which ever feels right to you,i dont rrally like the m-16 trigger frame on the a-5

puckmaster
05-15-2004, 05:24 PM
i seriously want to know why he doesnt want a cocker?

why you hatin on wgp so bad?

Maybe he just doenst want one. why do you care so much about it?

skife
05-15-2004, 05:59 PM
just wondering why, whats the spefic reason.

dont get all uptight about it.

(edit) tato cought me with 2 sig images, i will fix it (/edit)

TraXeR
05-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Scenario outdoor? Defenately go with the tippmann a-5. You can upgrade to feel great for the style of play. Put a flatline on it and you can make some excellent shots. They are extremely reliable and easy to maintain just like a mag but a bit heavier. They are fairly heavy on gas though cause they need to power the ball, the recock, and the cyclone, and the trigger if you get rt.

Definately DEFINATELY go A-5. Mags are great guns to, but its mainly (not all) bias due to being a mag forum.

puckmaster
05-15-2004, 06:09 PM
just wondering why, whats the spefic reason.

dont get all uptight about it.

i understand NO AUTOCOCKERS PLZ DONT ARGUE ABOUT IT. I need a gun durable and light and shoots pretty far

seriously tho, test both guns and see what YOU like, and do a little research on it. No one can tell you what gun is right for you, except you.

Orion33
05-15-2004, 08:03 PM
automag minimags are as heavy as a-5's

i play woodsball..i started out with a 98 custom..now have minimag

its great..because of its size is so easy to move around with...compared to my behemoth 98c with flatline and stock

DementedChild
05-15-2004, 10:44 PM
what puckmaster quoted, thinking a cocker is fragile or something?

the only reason is cause thats what i run and its my baby and i abuse the crap out of it

shivors
05-15-2004, 11:29 PM
I am a rec/scenario player that spends all day in the woods....I have run Spyders for 7+ years and have had very good luck. For your price range I would say Spyder or T.E.S. Dragun. That is a marker and a new barrel for 300.00.

If you wanted to spend 500.00+ then a Mag.

IMHO.

puckmaster
05-16-2004, 10:35 AM
what puckmaster quoted, thinking a cocker is fragile or something?

I think that they are a little fragler than other guns such as mags or A-5, but thats for woodsball. for speedball, there great guns and great choices for several positions. There are just more factors in woodsball for them breaking down then there are in speedball.

Juicemaster
05-16-2004, 02:53 PM
a5's suck balls. dont get one whatever you do. unless its R/T. then its worth it just for the rof. try to stick with a mech gun for woodsball, as they are much more durable than electros. spyders are alright, but they tend to perform at a lower level than tippmanns. stay away from flatlines. i have one on my 98. yeah, it shoots ****in far, but its not accurate at that distance. i would say that the mag is your best option, cuz they are reliable, durable, accurate, consistent, and light-ish.