PDA

View Full Version : Nicad or everyone, Carbon Body, how...

Carbon
05-15-2004, 02:07 AM
would you intrepret this in 3d? I ve been looking fo a mag with some relatively "sleeper" milling, this is what ive come with up so far, unfortunately i dont have a 3d modeling program and i would like to know what yall think about it. Should i progress on it a bit further? I wanted to kee it simple and sleek and rlatively easy to produce.

http://www.bestmessageboardever.com/uploads/post-4-1084604562.jpg

Fred
05-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Just an FYI...

when designing something you generally want your top/front/rightside schematics to line up... I realize you're working in paint or photoshop at the moment... but for future reference...

whether you realize it or not, you've got some crazy curviture going on in there... try working with radiuses at first, then splines later. A radius shape is way easier to cut than a 3d spline based curve.

nice job for paint, it gets the idea across, but the concept needs a lot of refinement to get it to where it could be produced.

---Fred

Smitty2k1
05-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Fred knows his CAD ;)

That was the first thing I noticed too, that it wasnt in a standard 'multiview' format.

Its a pretty cool lookin body, nice and simple, but I think it would cost an arm and a leg to get a one-off like that.

evan123
05-15-2004, 11:23 AM
It almost looks like a dallara with no dimples, why not get one of those?

Bad_Dog
05-15-2004, 01:30 PM
I like it... get back to work :)