PDA

View Full Version : which kind..pump gun

zacbot
05-15-2004, 07:20 PM
eh..phantom or a cocker pump thingy

Thermus
05-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Go for the phantom. I have one (its sold, I am waiting for payment), and its pretty amazing how accurate it is.

68magOwner
05-15-2004, 08:03 PM
yea it is...i mean phantoms are like...as accurate as every other paintball gun!!!!! :rolleyes: but on a serious note, having used a phantom, it is a very nice marker, but i think i would go with the sniper (pump cocker) just for the sake of being able to convert it to a semi at will.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
05-15-2004, 08:17 PM
there are many pumps out there that surprise me. The Talon for one is amazingly accurate and pretty decent for it's price (assuming that they are $10-$20 at walmart).

but with the choice of a phantom and a sniper (the pump cocker thingy) i'd gladly take the phantom over the sniper

dwab3000
05-15-2004, 08:21 PM
id go with the sniper over a phantom, only cause i own one and play with it once in a while

if you are talking about the chipley one...i dont own one, but i like em alot, so id go with that

i wonder why im the only one who thinks of the chipley ones

Muzikman
05-15-2004, 08:59 PM
You will be happy with either of those choices...

The othe pump to look into is the AM Illusion. It looks a lot like a Sniper, but isn't.

Fred
05-15-2004, 09:54 PM
I'd recommend a Phantom over a Sniper-2... but I'd recommend a Sterling over both hands down.

---Fred

Creative Mayhem
05-15-2004, 10:00 PM
AM-P Illusion!!!!

BAsically looks like a Sniper II but basically has stering interals. You WILL like it.

DiSoRdeR
05-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Is this going to be your fist pump action marker? If so I wouldnt recommend Vertical Stock Class, Since it discourages people at first. But I would difiently recommend a Phantom over a Sniper II. I personaly own a Phantom, and I love it. You wont be disapointed If you go with a Phantom. Post some pics of what ever one you choose :D

Lee
05-16-2004, 05:43 AM
ok...going to have to stick up for my sniper......

i prefer the sniper due to the widely available upgrades and also the pump under the barrel.
i don't know why, but the pump wrapped around the barrel just feels weird t me.

you cna get a used (or new) nice phantome or sniper for roughly the same price and both are fine markers. it's all about personal preference and which ever one feels right t you.

i will say that the phantoms can be had in some very nice anno schemes and are well built and just as durable as snipers.

zacbot
05-16-2004, 07:06 AM
okay..now..should i just buy a new/used one..or find a cheap cocker that doesnt work and convert..and yes i am just getting in to pumps..i want one cuz i am poor..and suck very badly..so im hoping maybe i can learn some skill

Lee
05-16-2004, 08:40 AM
you should do what works for you.

i've been paying pump for years so i have my preferences just as you'll develope your preferences.

i bought a broken '99 cocker and converted it to pump and am now building a 2k2 based pump. it's all in what you want.

btw...my '99 pump is for sale if your interested. pm me if you like.